Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast
    Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Default Re: Connecticut Huskies fan thread

Well last night was a fun game to be at... pretty much every other possesion was a dunk. Calhoun was a mad man last night. We had a pretty close to full house even though we had a pushover in town, but I had good seats about halfway up with the railing in front of us so we had plenty of room to stretch out.

Anyways going back to Calhoun, after that wide open 3 was hit off that screen, he threw his gum across the basketball court with some emotion; he has a pretty good arm for an old man! After this, he kicked that big scorers table with the ads and the thing moved back a good half foot.

Thabeet had 6 blocks and 6 dunks. The game was never as close as 20 points, put Fairfield but up like 7 or 8 straight points to end the game against the UConn reserves.

The ladies play today.

UConn vs South Carolina

I hope Vitale is not calling tonights game... he has the most annoying voice ever.

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    I hope Vitale is not calling tonights game... he has the most annoying voice ever.
    I actually like Dickie V calling games. The dude has some crazy knowledge and he is fun to listen to. I wish that I was one of his kids or something; can you imagine the stories?

Another big test for us tonight. I can't wait until the game starts.

Go, Huskies!!!

UCONN SUCKSThat is all I got from this game. We consistently turned the ball over, fouled GTown on about 10 straight drives, horrible shooting, no rebounding.. they just sucked.

UCONN SUCKSThat is all I got from this game. We consistently turned the ball over, fouled GTown on about 10 straight drives, horrible shooting, no rebounding.. they just sucked.

It was bad, but not that bad of an effort. I look at this game as a measuring stick. We now know what we need to work on. The Hoyas out classed us, out hustled, out rebounded us, and out performed us. So now we have a guide as to what we need to do to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    It was bad, but not that bad of an effort. I look at this game as a measuring stick. We now know what we need to work on. The Hoyas out classed us, out hustled, out rebounded us, and out performed us. So now we have a guide as to what we need to do to get better.
    First loss of season, so I'm going to over react. After watching the Eagles all year.. just can't help it.

The baseline was open all game... that was really concerning to me. They made a good 20 points and then all the fouls on those backdoor baseline type plays.

First loss of season, so I'm going to over react. After watching the Eagles all year.. just can't help it.

The baseline was open all game... that was really concerning to me. They made a good 20 points and then all the fouls on those backdoor baseline type plays.
    Eagles?? Oh boy. I guess this weekend we are enemies. Because my Vikings are against your Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    Eagles?? Oh boy. I guess this weekend we are enemies. Because my Vikings are against your Eagles.

I have a feeling if we win the SB Dawkins might not come back. Mikell is starting to look like a really good safety.

I have a feeling if we win the SB Dawkins might not come back. Mikell is starting to look like a really good safety.
    if we won I'd like to see Dawkins "ride off into the sunset". ive never seen a player with as much passion for the game as Dawk. remember seeing an interview with him a few years back where he broke down crying when talking about retirement. he needs a SB.

Well we landed Jamaal Trice... no sites really have a lot of info on him so I'll keep my comments to myself for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246

That was a good picture. Let's see what happens on the field Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    if we won I'd like to see Dawkins "ride off into the sunset". ive never seen a player with as much passion for the game as Dawk. remember seeing an interview with him a few years back where he broke down crying when talking about retirement. he needs a SB.
    That would be pretty cool for Dawkins and McNabb. Heck for all of the Eagles. I hate the fact that you guys are playing my Vikings. Otherwise I would root for the Eagles.

If you guys beat us, I will be cheering on the Eagles for that Super Bowl win.

Good luck this weekend.