Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Fire Mike Brown!!!!!!

Man, we better get our act together. Not sure who's fault it is, or what our problem is. But we need to fix it. But if we continue to lose like this, Brown is going to get the boot.

I say just let Coach Kobe coach.

Quote Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
    do you think he is a good coach? i am not so sure about that and i dont want him to coach the Lakers.
    Lol....that's a fair enough comment from you....lol, ok....I've been watching the Potato Head so long I'm getting desperate

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Foley
    You guys are too funny. Mike Brown should be fired, but it's not because they went 0-8 in the preseason and lost two in a row to start this season. He should be fired because he's a really really (really really) awful coach who has predictable schemes, no creativity, and no clue with regard to rotations, managing minutes, or making adjustments. Other than that, he's fine.

The defense (allegedly Brown's forte) has been awful, but Dwight's very clearly not 100%. He had a lot of points tonight against an undersized Hickson and a rookie Leonard, but he wasn't finishing plays he'd normally smash; he even laid it up instead of dunking it several times, Divac-style. And this was especially obvious on defense, when he failed to hedge effectively on screen-rolls and lacked his usual ridiculous recovery speed. Once/if Dwight returns to normal, the defense will pick up, and the wins will accrue.

The offense shouldn't be blamed too much. The overeliance on the hybrid Princeton is a travesty when you have a magician like Nash on your team, but I'm hoping the staff learns to not run it as much when Nash is in the game. The Princeton should be utilized more when the bench is out there, since a lot of them are more dependent on getting shots through plays (so-called system players).

ANYWAY, this thread and the 37 other Brown threads are a bit of an overreaction. Mike Brown sucks, and overall he is a limiting factor on this team's potential (when a coach would ideally be the exact opposite), but this team will eventually figure it out and be a 2-3 seed, 55-ish win team. I'm more worried about the playoffs, when Brown's limitations as a strategist will be more exposed.
    FF, I love your well thought out, well worded posts

Mike Brown is getting worse by the day and It's very obvious that none of the players have any faith in him.....why should they, and this effects their on court play as well. I am not nearly as confident as you that this will be a 55 win team, much less a 2-3 seed with the moron as a head coach.
    Frustration will be greater this year because we have so much talent and everyone rightfully expects this team to at least get to the finals......
    Stay tuned for a team mutiny of epic proportions....there was a mutiny last year but this one will be much, much bigger.

Overreaction? When you have talent this great and a coach this inept, incompetent, clueless, useless, stupid, idiotic, is there such a thing as a "non violent" worded overreaction from Lakers fans......I say NO
    Is is worthy of more than 3 threads....probably not, I think all comments can be contained within 2-3 threads......but there is just that much realization out there and real anger.

You are 100% correct that in the playoffs this idiot....if he survives the season, will be badly out-coached AGAIN and we will lose....no question about it.

If anyone wants to create a thread defending Mike Brown, have at it.......I love a good laugh.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Foley
    You guys are too funny. Mike Brown should be fired, but it's not because they went 0-8 in the preseason and lost two in a row to start this season. He should be fired because he's a really really (really really) awful coach who has predictable schemes, no creativity, and no clue with regard to rotations, managing minutes, or making adjustments. Other than that, he's fine.

The defense (allegedly Brown's forte) has been awful, but Dwight's very clearly not 100%. He had a lot of points tonight against an undersized Hickson and a rookie Leonard, but he wasn't finishing plays he'd normally smash; he even laid it up instead of dunking it several times, Divac-style. And this was especially obvious on defense, when he failed to hedge effectively on screen-rolls and lacked his usual ridiculous recovery speed. Once/if Dwight returns to normal, the defense will pick up, and the wins will accrue.

The offense shouldn't be blamed too much. The overeliance on the hybrid Princeton is a travesty when you have a magician like Nash on your team, but I'm hoping the staff learns to not run it as much when Nash is in the game. The Princeton should be utilized more when the bench is out there, since a lot of them are more dependent on getting shots through plays (so-called system players).

ANYWAY, this thread and the 37 other Brown threads are a bit of an overreaction. Mike Brown sucks, and overall he is a limiting factor on this team's potential (when a coach would ideally be the exact opposite), but this team will eventually figure it out and be a 2-3 seed, 55-ish win team. I'm more worried about the playoffs, when Brown's limitations as a strategist will be more exposed.
    this is not about just 2 loses....this is about how the loses took place. Here are my points:

1. There is no effort or energy in the team. 1st game of the season and it looked like they are just going through the motions

2. nobody has clue where they should be on offense or what play to call or where to be on offense. Training camp started on Oct 1st and they had 3-4 weeks to train. even if all the 5 starters didnt practice together they should have basic 5-10 plays in their head which they can call when confused.

3. Rotations: What kind of rotations is it? even if its only 2 games + preseason...you can tell Jamison is not a 3. The dude doesnt play defense at all and is up there in age and is getting abused playing the 3. Mike brown should know this and adapt...instead of having a rigid view and sticking to it.

4. Defense: we got mike brown because of his defense but look what these team did to his team. Both of these team wont make playoffs but scored at will on him....I remember 1 play where batum basically took 2-3 steps and dunk the ball. Hickson scored at will on Dwight.

5. Age of starters: they are all up there in age and are having injuries. They should not play 40 mins 2 games that are back to back.

6. Bench: You develop the bench during preseason and during early part of the season. Bench should be able to score and defense is bonus...somehow we dont have any scorers on the bench cause the utilization is incorrect. you cant freaking play a 4 at 3 and 3 at 2...a 2 you signed to shoot in the offseason doesnt get any minutes because of this.

7. Nash play: You are asking a 2 time MVP to walk the ball up....dump it to the bigs and go camp on the side 3 pt line or at the top....thats bull s$!t if you ask me

I can come up with 10 more reasons like this but I am at work. with Phil even if you lose couple you would be calm and know that they will get their act together when the time comes....

but with this chump who himself doesnt know what he is doing??? how can u trust this guy???

Friday is definitely a loss...you can count on it...

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    With all due respect Lakerfreak, THIS thread is direct and to the point, it is straight up FIRE MIKE BROWN!!!!! no thread about his offense or defense, it is flat out we don't want to wait, we don't want to discuss.......we just want that useless S.O.B gone and don't give a damn where he goes as long as he goes. Now if you think any thread can articulate that point better than Fire Mike Brown.....then go for it. We don't want no damn excuses, no lame reasons and none of this wait and see crap.
    I seriously question the basketball I.Q of anyone who thinks this guy is a decent head coach. This supremely talented team needs at least a good coach.
    Did you guys hear him speak in any interviews last night?
    The guy is as dumb as dirt, an intelligent basketball thought never comes out of his mouth......this all goes back to the drunk who hired him in the first place......Jimmy. If he's a responsible owner he will pull the plug before this thing gets worse. Hey, the L.A Kings just won the championship after they fired their coach during the season......no reason on earth we can't do the same. Lucky for you I didn't have any booze or it might have said Fk Mike Brown....lol.
    Lakerfreak....word to the wise....don't attempt to defend MB this year.
    "Carslile is a great coach with great new players"

(Hey??? What happened to my red dot......I had more jokes to use )
    Yeah but you have to admit DK,

we expected this offense to be a struggle. We talked about it before. Secondly, its a new roster that was put together. two new players on the most important positions of basketball. The PG and C.

By default they'll eventually come together just because they're a good team.

Now I know in the past I've had the back of Mike Brown. Im starting to soften my stance a little bit. I think it wouldn't do us any harm if after a while we can find a replacement first, and then relieve Mike Brown of his duties. But if we fire him now, we got Eddie Jordan as head coach... Not sure he's much better.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Yeah but you have to admit DK,

we expected this offense to be a struggle. We talked about it before. Secondly, its a new roster that was put together. two new players on the most important positions of basketball. The PG and C.

By default they'll eventually come together just because they're a good team.

Now I know in the past I've had the back of Mike Brown. Im starting to soften my stance a little bit. I think it wouldn't do us any harm if after a while we can find a replacement first, and then relieve Mike Brown of his duties. But if we fire him now, we got Eddie Jordan as head coach... Not sure he's much better.
    Sure, I expected the offense to struggle somewhat but this is way beyond comprehension......I don't this what they are doing right now will ever work, Brown is clearly in way over his head. They are not positioning players in the spots to make them successful, To create a successful offense it is essential that you get the ball to the right guys in the right places to score. As I said before, having Pau so far away from the basket is idiotic, you can run the same style of offense but tweak it to make it work. Having Nash walk the ball up, just as stupid. Do I want Eddie Jordan as head coach....Hell No!!!!
    There are a bunch of experienced successful NBA coaches who would LOVE to have the job....what better team to coach??? If we want to make a change we won't even need to search, they'll be calling us!!!

Yes Lakerfreak you too will wake up and realize that Mike Brown is not a real basketball coach....I've been telling you as much from day 1. I will welcome your full awakening, free of your rose colored glasses

You actually THINK the Center position is so important in the NBA today????
    I argued with several people that the Center position in the NBA is at it's weakest point by far in at least 40 years, and that the addition of the 3 point line is to blame. People argued with me.....but guess what? The NBA itself agreed with me 100% and have REMOVED the Center position from the All-Star ballot....yes REMOVED IT COMPLETELY!!!!!

Do you actually think it is hard to add a PG and Center to an offense NO!!! Having a quality experienced center and PG make things a hell of a lot easier, the PG runs the offense and creates, the C is going to be close to the basket and not all over the place.....those are actually the easiest positions to coach. No excuses, Dallas had way more new players and was missing their 2 biggest guys in Dirk and Kaman....no excuse at all for losing. Carlisle is a good coach but not a great one.......we have the worst coach in the NBA....even worse than VDN.
    We should have fired MB right after last season.

I rule the local playground

Fire Jimmy and hire jeanie as well lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mgamer20o0
    Fire Jimmy and hire jeanie as well lol
    Hey!!!!! Back off Jeannie, she's the only 1 of the offspring who knows how to run the team.

I rule the local playground

Hey!!!!! Back off Jeannie, she's the only 1 of the offspring who knows how to run the team.
    i said hire her lol she should take jimmys so called job....

Quote Originally Posted by Mgamer20o0
    i said hire her lol she should take jimmys so called job....
    LMAO......My bad bro! I pulled a Mike Brown on that one

Do you actually think it is hard to add a PG and Center to an offense NO!!! Having a quality experienced center and PG make things a hell of a lot easier, the PG runs the offense and creates, the C is going to be close to the basket and not all over the place.....those are actually the easiest positions to coach. No excuses, Dallas had way more new players and was missing their 2 biggest guys in Dirk and Kaman....no excuse at all for losing. Carlisle is a good coach but not a great one.......we have the worst coach in the NBA....even worse than VDN.
    PG is maybe the hardest position to coach in basketball unless if you have a superstar like Nash or CP3 or DWilliams or one of other star PGs (or if you have a LeBron or Kobe or Jordan running the point). The reason why it is so hard is because the PG is the guy running the offense and so if the PG fails the whole system falls apart. As a coach, you have to know the system as well as your PG and evolve the strategies along with your PG. If you are not both on the same page then the system will not function.

I believe that is where the issue lies from Brown/Nash/Kobe/offense perspective. They are not all on the same page. Brown/Nash have never run this offense before so Brown has to learn on the fly what works and what doesn't. That is where it becomes an issue; Brown has little idea of how to make changes/improvements on the fly since he doesn't even know the system well enough. Nash is lost because he doesn't know his role and has no idea what Brown wants him to do. Kobe seems lost because he never played with a PG of Nash's caliber before so he doesn't know how to make it work without Brown pointing him in the right direction.

That makes the system dysfunctional. Brown is not a good leader and never was. As a leader, he would have figured it out by now. Not every coach is a good leader though.. I guess because of that, I will give him until end of November. If he is a halfway competent coach, he will figure it out by then. If not, he won't. To be fair, the least you can do is give the guy a month of regular season. Remember where Miami was by December in their first season together?? Pretty terrible.. This is how it is looking so far for us. Spoelstra ain't a leader either but he showed everyone that he was a competent coach. Lets give Brown that reasonable time.
    Last edited by bladefd; 11-01-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    PG is maybe the hardest position to coach in basketball unless if you have a superstar like Nash or CP3 or DWilliams or one of other star PGs (or if you have a LeBron or Kobe or Jordan running the point). The reason why it is so hard is because the PG is the guy running the offense and so if the PG fails the whole system falls apart. As a coach, you have to know the system as well as your PG and evolve the strategies along with your PG. If you are not both on the same page then the system will not function.

I believe that is where the issue lies from Brown/Nash/Kobe/offense perspective. They are not all on the same page. Brown/Nash have never run this offense before so Brown has to learn on the fly what works and what doesn't. That is where it becomes an issue; Brown has little idea of how to make changes/improvements on the fly since he doesn't even know the system well enough. Nash is lost because he doesn't know his role and has no idea what Brown wants him to do. Kobe seems lost because he never played with a PG of Nash's caliber before so he doesn't know how to make it work without Brown pointing him in the right direction.

That makes the system dysfunctional. Brown is not a good leader and never was. As a leader, he would have figured it out by now. Not every coach is a good leader though.. I guess because of that, I will give him until end of November. If he is a halfway competent coach, he will figure it out by then. If not, he won't. To be fair, the least you can do is give the guy a month of regular season. Remember where Miami was by December in their first season together?? Pretty terrible.. This is how it is looking so far for us. Spoelstra ain't a leader either but he showed everyone that he was a competent coach. Lets give Brown that reasonable time.
    Give Brown time???? He's not a first year head coach.......he was a crappy coach in a weak conference with a great superstar........I had already seen all this guy could do before he got here....and if anything he's getting worse
    In my experience in coaching over 30 years, I never had an issue with my point guards.....and I've coached as many as 8 teams at a time, teaching all of them anywhere from 5 to 12 different offenses.....and I'm talking ages 6 to 21+ ....I am considered a very good teacher.....but I can tell you I have never had Steve Nash to work with......the problem here has absolutely nothing to do with the player and everything to do with an incompetent head coach who doesn't give clear direction because he doesn't know what he's doing.
    Now in thinking about it more at this moment, I can tell you that I run the offenses that best suit the players I have and teach various offenses so we can switch if it is not working at any moment....not stuck to 1 system where you have to force it to fit.....it's also a case of positioning players in the right places and not asking them to do too much. (Of course at practice I teach every player to play every position so they fully understand what everyone is doing......a result of this is that all my guards rebound like Rondo and my bigs can handle the ball.)

Quote Originally Posted by takai
    Man, we better get our act together. Not sure who's fault it is, or what our problem is. But we need to fix it. But if we continue to lose like this, Brown is going to get the boot.

I say just let Coach Kobe coach.

Currently coach Kobe is backing Mike Brown...

Kobe Bryant: 'Everybody shut up. Let us work.'

Meet Kobe Bryant, chief disciplinarian, ready to step forward with the Lakers having lost their first two games of the regular season before facing the Clippers on Friday night. In fact, the Lakers have dropped 12 straight if you include the final two playoff games of last season and the eight preseason losses.

"Now you have Mike Brown telling everybody to be patient," Bryant said Thursday of the Lakers' coach. "Back then, it was Phil Jackson telling everybody to shut up."

Now Bryant can do it … for Brown.

"Because I've won, so I can," Bryant said. "So I'll say it for him: Everybody shut up. Let us work."

This was a clever veteran move to try to defuse a situation that could quickly get out of hand. It was one day after Bryant declared he was not a happy camper in Portland. The last time the Lakers won a game was May 18, which was Game 3 of the playoffs against the Oklahoma City Thunder.

The Lakers have not opened a season 0-3 since 1978-79, the year before Jerry Buss purchased the team.

Not only has there been media criticism about the Lakers, but it has been coming from past and present NBAers, including Lakers legend Magic Johnson.

"I'm always surprised when I lose," Bryant said. "At the same time, it [the panic] is pretty entertaining to me. Nobody wants to win here more than I do. Nobody. Nobody .

"And I'm not panicking over it. Or jumping off a bridge because we're 0-2 or whatever."

He offered an interesting response to the growing cry that Brown's Princeton-based offense be scrapped.

"I just … I don't understand … the city here," Bryant said. "They've seen us win multiple championships here, playing an offense that was tough to learn that was a sequence of options that weren't set plays that took five guys being on the same page of working together," referring to Jackson's triangle offense.

"They know how that stuff works. For them to be so stupid now ...."
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,4440433.story

I can see it now why Dishnetwork and DirectTV hesitating to agree to contract for $3.89....why should they agree to a deal where that team isn't entertaining its fan? Then TWC gets on Lakers back. Lakers then get on Mike Brown. If he don't win in next 8 games. I think he will be outa here by pressure from many stakeholders cascading down.

You know guys...if you want Mike Brown goes...only thing to do is hope Lakers keep losing...then basketball God will make your wish come true...but who knows maybe an even worse nightmare. So maybe we have to becareful what we wish for. I'll let it play itself out.

Who knew...we were expecting entertaining big lead winning with BIG 4 where we see them do crazy showtimes...instead we see them struggling from preseason games. Mike Brown is being exposed. He didn't win because he is a good coach, but LBJ did most of the work for him. Now that he has all talents, his true skill is surfacing up.
    Last edited by kobesabi; 11-02-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Sure, Kobe is saying all the right things.....it's too late in his career to redeem himself if he goes on a tirade.....plus that would make Dwight hesitant to re-sign. I'm positive that Kobe knows Brown is a moron and can't wait for him to be fired.
    No, I am not and will never root for my Lakers to lose.....but I get the sentiment.
    Brown is so bad that I'm sure those things will take care of themselves.

Everyone is talking about the offense when its the defense thats suffering. Princeton this, princeton that, nash should, Kobe should, blah blah....all a bunch of garbage.

If lakers play defense in the first few games, we're 3-0. They're putting enough points up on the board. The problem is in transition defense, halfcourt defense, all defense is being humiliated.

And I always disagree with Kobe, but in this case he is correct. Nobody cares more about winning than him. In the past he's had no problem throwing anyone under the bus if he wasnt happy. In this case, he's not throwing anyone under the bus but us because of this mass-hysteria. Seriously everyone, just let them work.