Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Allen Iverson Retires

Quote Originally Posted by halffttime
    i don't understand the hate for iverson. dude's one of the most skilled basketball player to ever step on the court. he's that guy you watched on playground and hoped one day you'd grow up to be as good as him.. the fact he hasn't won a ring in his career don't mean jack sh!t. dude's a former mvp, how many 6 footers can you say that about? you can't deny his love and passion for the game. except for mj, i've never seen anyone come into every single game with intsensity. even in the few games he played as a grizzly, he came with intensity. the same people hating on him are the same people who used to wear his jersey to school years ago.
    I dont get it either...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by halffttime
    i don't understand the hate for iverson. dude's one of the most skilled basketball player to ever step on the court.
    Really? Name me 3 skills Iverson possesses. I'm timing you. Go.

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

[QUOTE=Rafael Delaget

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    Really? Name me 3 skills Iverson possesses. I'm timing you. Go.
    How does someone at six feet tall make the NBA without possessing three skills?
    STFU.

Default Re: Iverson Retiring...

That article is spot on. I challenge anyone to point out an untruth. He's absolutely correct when he said that Iverson flatlined in his early 20s. Name me one skill that Iverson picked up after his first 3 years in the league. One.
    His best years were late-20s early-30s-ish when everyone was expecting him to be right about to decline. I think Sixers fans will tell you his best years were the year or two before he was traded to Denver. At that point in his career he was getting more assists and fewer turnovers and had seemed to mature mentally. People at that time were like, dang, will he ever decline?

in 2000 he was just faster than everyone else, had a better crossover than everyone else, and wanted to score/win more than anyone else. Around age 30 he started to get a real instinct for all-around play.

If you recall, early in his career he wasn't much of a PG at all. The year he made the Finals he didn't even play the point. But later in his career he was looking like one of the best passers, one of the best drive-and-dishers in basketball.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    I am not going to name the long illustrious list of players who have Quit on their teams. Its too hard. He messed up. I dont see how two years unravels everything else he has done. You dont see me hanging Kobe's trade demands and that suspect game 7 against the Suns over his head. You dont see countless articles and posters slamming him for that? I think ISH is just a little immature. If you are a basketball fan, you appreciated Iverson. There is no way one could discredit how much he has done for the game. He left his mark.
    Kobe rectified himself. Iverson just let his selfishness and stubbornness turn him into the ultimate quitter.

Kobe rectified himself. Iverson just let his selfishness and stubbornness turn him into the ultimate quitter.
    I am done. Calling AI the ultimate quitter. If he was that, he would have quit a long time ago buddy.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    His best years were late-20s early-30s-ish when everyone was expecting him to be right about to decline. I think Sixers fans will tell you his best years were the year or two before he was traded to Denver. At that point in his career he was getting more assists and fewer turnovers and had seemed to mature mentally. People at that time were like, dang, will he ever decline?

in 2000 he was just faster than everyone else, had a better crossover than everyone else, and wanted to score/win more than anyone else. Around age 30 he started to get a real instinct for all-around play.

If you recall, early in his career he wasn't much of a PG at all. The year he made the Finals he didn't even play the point. But later in his career he was looking like one of the best passers, one of the best drive-and-dishers in basketball.
    Passing more often != passing better. Assists up, turnovers up. Net outcome is nil.

NBA Most Valuable Player (2001)
    NBA Rookie of the Year (1997)
    Last edited by Sanity; 11-25-2009 at 08:34 PM.

[QUOTE=Sanity]NBA Most Valuable Player (2001)
    NBA Rookie of the Year (1997)

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez
    Not bad at all.
    sad to see him not get a ring

Da Mavs

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Showtime, we disagree on the Mavs and Dirk and go back and forth, but I am in total agreement with you on this one.

It's sad that Iverson cares more about himself than he does about the team.

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

GTFO of this thread.

Create an Yi Jianlian vs Scalabrine or something.

Just don't post here anymore.