Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Lakers trade Vladimir Radmanovic to Bobcats for Adam Morrison, Shannon Brown

Remember Mike Dunleavy being a bust (albeit not as big as Morrison) as a #3 pick then he went to a team that utilized him in the correct way and he became a pretty solid player? Maybe the same can happen for the Stache, I hope so, I've always liked him. Maybe being back on the west coast'll do him some good.

owwwww

Default Re: Lakers trade Vladimir Radmanovic to Bobcats for Adam Morrison, Shannon Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Adam has more potential than people give him credit for. I watched him drop about 30 early in his career. He wont be a superstar but I wont be suprised if hes a 15-16ppg type on poor shooting. Make some clutch plays here and there. Biger less crazy Vernon Maxwell.
    Sounds like Larry Hughes...which is not good.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Phil got his new space cadet...=> Adam Morrison

I hope there is a follow up trade with the OKC for joe smith.....the lakers save 6.8million in this trade if they dont offer morrison the qualifying offer

Hated the stache at Gonzaga cause i was loved Reddick, but now i can hate him again for being on the Fakers

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

this trade is a win for the lakers for financial reasons only. We probably won't see the true value of this trade until this summer or next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    Bad deal for the Lakers unless this is about Vlad's contract..

Vlad was bigmoney from three, decent rebounder, decent defender. Cant blame him for getting owned by Pierce last Finals but when he guards someone his own size he's decent.

Morrison and Brown havent done shlt in this league.
    decent rebounder, decent defender?

he barely got rebounds and when Phil would put him in the game at the last minute; he would mess it up by letting his player shoot a 3. like he did against the pacers.

i wished he played like he did in Seattle.

Diaw Fan

I'm not entirely sure why the Bobcats do this. Taking on another bad contract just to get rid of Morrison? It's not like Vladimir is a good defender either.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Unexpected! I'm pretty sure the Lakers FO originally called inquiring about Nazr Mohammed instead.

can u imagine being brown or morrison...getting the call that the la lakers just traded for u...wow...talk about a life changing phone call.

oh god!
    i guess adam will be overrated soon.

Bobcats/Cavs fans, how good is Brown at defending fast guards? It's been painful to watch Fisher the last few weeks. What an embarrassment for Kobe to be guarding Rondo cos no one else on the team can dream of staying in front of him..

(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^) big baller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    can u imagine being brown or morrison...getting the call that the la lakers just traded for u...wow...talk about a life changing phone call.
    how about getting traded out of the lakers? must SUCK.

And i don't like this trade.....just have a bad feeling bout it.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by LakersLaLaLand
    The Lakers SHOULD have traded for Raja Bell. Thats would have been real news. Maybe Raja's recent injury squashed the Raja offer.

Lakers made this deal for 2 reasons. Maybe 3. Ok 4. Ok there are more than that.

1) Vlads contract was a huge ugly weight. Ariza and Odom are in contract years. Now the Lakers have real space to pay Ariza at least. Odom is currently making 15.5. Who knows what he wants next season.

2) Shannon Brown MIGHT be the DEFENSIVE guard(6'4") Phil looking for. Please chime in bobcat fans. Brown hasn't been a big widely known as a defender. Shannons athleticism and quick first step will help the Lakers from getting burned on the perimeter. If he can figure out the triangle. Or else he will not be getting any playing time.

3) Adam Morrison now becomes a project. Can he be a defender? Probably not. Phil J has a fetish for big guards. At 6'8" Morrison may have the potential to actually be a contributor.
    odom only makes 11 million it's just reported at a higher amount because of the ETO in his contract

shannon brown will be waived i'd imagine, lakers will want a clear roster spot incase of emergencies

morrisison is a project, i don't expect we'll see him anytime soon other than garbage time with sun yue

Why would they waive Brown? He is way better than Sun Yue..

Diaw Fan

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Bobcats/Cavs fans, how good is Brown at defending fast guards? It's been painful to watch Fisher the last few weeks. What an embarrassment for Kobe to be guarding Rondo cos no one else on the team can dream of staying in front of him..

You can't be serious. Kobe guards Rondo because he doesn't want to guard Ray.