Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Default Re: TRADE: Hornets sending Okafor and Ariza to Wizards for Rashard Lewis, 2nd rounder

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Agree with this.
    Also Okafor can beat up people up where Davis can't. No one questions Okafor's toughness.

That said, maybe NO will go after a big in free agency, Asik or Lopez. Asik could play the same role of banger/protector that Okafor played. He's no softy.
    Okafor was never the same after he got hurt midway through the 10/11 season. He was an absolute non-factor in the NOLA-Lakers series and got manhandled by both Gasol and Bynum (yes I know top big men), and the games he played this past season, he just wasn't the same, could've been due to injury, but I don't think so. Also Mek is as soft as there is when he has the ball in the paint.

BUT, Mek did produce the Block of the year
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOAUzD65sA0

Default Re: TRADE: Hornets sending Okafor and Ariza to Wizards for Rashard Lewis, 2nd rounder

so does this mean that wizards are gunning for bradley beal and the cavs have a better shot at MKG?

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    so does this mean that wizards are gunning for bradley beal and the cavs have a better shot at MKG?
    It would appear that way

Default Re: DraftExpress: Okafor & Arizona traded for Rashard Lewis & #46

great for both teams imo.

good on the wizards.. finally bringing some relatively-decent players to back up john wall. hurray!

i hope they ship out jordan crawford too, that guy is a bone head.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    The only problem with drafting MKG would be that you'd be hoping that your PG & SF can develop jumpshots ASAP, along with your Top 10 pick from last season in Vesely. That would be 3 straight Top 10 picks who can't shoot the ball to help space the floor on offense, and thats a huge problem.

At the same time, the Wizards "best shooter" would be Jordan Crawford at SG and he shot a terrible 28% from 3.
    There is no problem with drafting MKG No. 4 overall in the draft, considering I think he is the second best player and may have the best pro career of anyone entering this year.

Of course, it is all conjecture at this point, but I'd rather have a very athletic, high character, high motor workaholic with a hitch in his jumper as opposed to a guy with a good jumper but not a great athlete, not a great motor and a questionable character.

The jumpshot is quite literally MKG's only drawback. He is the youngest player in the draft and may step into the league as a second or even first tier defender and rebounder for his position.

Yeah... I'll take it.

Kyrie can shoot the lights out. It isn't like our young core is lacking jumpshots across the board (like Washington).

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

As a Raptors fan I love this trade. Why? Because it's completely idiotic for Washington and whoever is running that team is an impatient moron. There's one East team you probably don't have to worry much about for the next little bit.

Since they have locked themselves into irrelevant mediocrity for the next couple years, Washington better score huge in this upcoming draft because it's their last chance to get a significant piece to add to their core (which consists of only John Wall). This is exactly how you don't build a long-term winner and manage your cap in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    As a Raptors fan I love this trade. Why? Because it's completely idiotic for Washington and whoever is running that team is an impatient moron. There's one East team you probably don't have to worry much about for the next little bit.

Since they have locked themselves into irrelevant mediocrity for the next couple years, Washington better score huge in this upcoming draft because it's their last chance to get a significant piece to add to their core (which consists of only John Wall). This is exactly how you don't build a long-term winner and manage your cap in the NBA.
    They will still be terrible and get high draft picks

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    They will still be terrible and get high draft picks
    With how weak the East is? I doubt it. They are a team that should be able to sneak into the 8th seed and of course immediately get swept.

For a team so far away from being good, I don't understand how bringing in high-priced players like Nene, Okafor and Ariza makes any sense. Those guys at their best are merely "above-average". What Washington is doing is exactly what I fear Bryan Colangelo might do to the Raptors very soon. Build the ultimate treadmill team.

Some of the talk in this thread about a "winning culture" is total nonsense as well, IMO. When you get that by building the ultimate treadmill team, it's not going to make any difference in the long-run. Washington should be building a talented young core to go along with Wall.
    Last edited by Qwyjibo; 06-21-2012 at 01:39 AM.

This trade says to me that the Wizards expect Wall to jump into a Rose type player next season. Not sure about that, but its possible.

With how weak the East is? I doubt it. They are a team that should be able to sneak into the 8th seed and of course immediately get swept.

For a team so far away from being good, I don't understand how bringing in high-priced players like Nene, Okafor and Ariza makes any sense. Those guys at their best are merely "above-average". What Washington is doing is exactly what I fear Bryan Colangelo might do to the Raptors very soon. Build the ultimate treadmill team.

Some of the talk in this thread about a "winning culture" is total nonsense as well, IMO. When you get that by building the ultimate treadmill team, it's not going to make any difference in the long-run. Washington should be building a talented young core to go along with Wall.
    I agree that would be terrible for them. I just don't think they will be that good.

Think the only teams in the east that will be worse are the Bobcats and Raptors and possibly Nets depending what happens with them.

The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

You are overreacting my friend.

1st of all, this smells of a stepping stone trade. I don't see us keeping everyone on the current roster.

2nd off, Both players become expiring contracts after next season. With the ability to amnesty Andray Blatche, we have 7 million freed up off of the books

3rd, and seemingly most important, we have brought some real professionals to show these young guys how to be real pros. People seem to forget that the Wizards have 7 players under the age of 23.

4th, I may be mistaken, but I don't feel there are any big name free agents that are worth going after this year or next. Why not get a few players who can help improve some of the young guys.

5th, Ernie Grunfeld AND HC Randy Wittman have 2 years left on their deals, so this team could potentially be a whole new organization in 2 years. With that being said, this trade makes us better now and still gives us flexibility in the near future.

as a hornets fan I love it too, cheers also that's what I've always been afraid of NOLA becoming

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    Blatche is awful. I'd be shocked if any team even considered trading for him
    I thought the same for Samuel Dalembert and he was traded for. All it takes for one team to feel they could be the change of enviroment for Blatche. You shouldnt be shocked. The guys who are untradeable are superstars like Durant, Rose, Bron.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    This trade says to me that the Wizards expect Wall to jump into a Rose type player next season. Not sure about that, but its possible.
    This was the first thing I thought when I saw that this trade was going down. Glad to see that the Wiz believe in him so much, and I really believe the team has given him a good enough supporting cast to make the playoffs if he develops as i expect.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Pretty much. The Wizards just accelerated their rebuilding (for no good reason, IMO). They need to hope that whoever they pick in this draft turns into at least a solid starter in the NBA and that Wall turns into a star. I like John Wall and think he's a great piece to build with but again, I don't know why Washington is rushing things like this. Oh wait, now I do...

5th, Ernie Grunfeld AND HC Randy Wittman have 2 years left on their deals, so this team could potentially be a whole new organization in 2 years. With that being said, this trade makes us better now and still gives us flexibility in the near future.
    If that's the case then it's obvious why this trade was made. The front office is scrambling to save their jobs. They want to put out a winner ASAP even if it's an illusion of a middling team with a low long-term ceiling. This is the problem with not getting rid of management and allowing them to screw over the long-term prospects of your team. Again, as a Raptors fan, I know this too well as it's likely about to happen here in Toronto this offseason.

2nd off, Both players become expiring contracts after next season. With the ability to amnesty Andray Blatche, we have 7 million freed up off of the books
    Both Okafor and Ariza have 2 years left (Nene too), Rashard had 1. The Wizards just wasted an extra year or cap room with this trade. The part I don't like is that they added enough mediocre to solid players to not be in a position to nab another lottery pick and finish rebuilding properly.