Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
    Home of the 16

Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

Contemplating if whether I should get Last Of Us Remastered for the PS4. I've been playing the first act on the PS3 numerous amount of times for various reasons. I just don't want to go through it and play it all over again. I bought a PS4 just to play Watch Dogs, but before that, there wasn't really any game worth playing which is why I waited to buy a PS4 until Watch Dogs came out, & that game was just terrible. I liked it at first, but to think about it now, it was all hype, everything was so repetitive.

I'm also thinking about getting GTA 5 again, but for the PS4. $60 for a new first person camera view? LULZ

Any games that you guys recommend? I'll be off for a week, so I want to spend hours playing my PS4. I'm playing Outlast atm & it's really good.

Phantom Pain needs to hurry up. I don't like the air support system, though, so cheesy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Contemplating if whether I should get Last Of Us Remastered for the PS4. I've been playing the first act on the PS3 numerous amount of times for various reasons. I just don't want to go through it and play it all over again. I bought a PS4 just to play Watch Dogs, but before that, there wasn't really any game worth playing which is why I waited to buy a PS4 until Watch Dogs came out, & that game was just terrible. I liked it at first, but to think about it now, it was all hype, everything was so repetitive.

I'm also thinking about getting GTA 5 again, but for the PS4. $60 for a new first person camera view? LULZ

Any games that you guys recommend? I'll be off for a week, so I want to spend hours playing my PS4. I'm playing Outlast atm & it's really good.

Phantom Pain needs to hurry up. I don't like the air support system, though, so cheesy.
    If you haven't played any multi plat games alien isolation, evil within, far cry 4, dragon age, shadow of mordor are all recent games I've enjoyed.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Any Steam/holiday hauls?

I recently bought:

Playstation All-Stars
    Budokai HD Remix
    Metal Gear Rising Revengence

on PS3 and:

The Stanley Parable
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    Star Wars Battlefront II
    Skullgirls

off Steam.

Skullgirls is awesome!!! Revengence is awesome. Of course Budokai is awesome and Battlefront is a classic. Haven't dug into the indie games, nor All-Stars too much but I like what I see so far.

NBA lottery pick

Ended up picking up Oblivion with all the DLC for ten bucks in the steam sale.

Home of the 16

I got Company of Heroes 2, Skyrim, Civilization 4 & 5 w/ expansion packs, & the forest from steam sale. I still haven't upgraded my gaming setup, so i'll finally buy one next week to play these. Getting an $800 MSI laptop.

@outbreak, I'll try Alien Isolation. Thanks.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Shovel Knight was the only thing I bought from the Steam sale. I have way too many games to catch up on to buy any more right now.

Far Cry 4, worth picking up? Never played Far Cry series before.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Far Cry 4, worth picking up? Never played Far Cry series before.
    Finished it yesterday, I thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it. I had only played far cry 1 and a bit of far cry 2 before playing 4 and you don't need to know the series at all to get in to it as it's totally stand alone. The exploration in an open world makes it stand out amongst FPS games for me, like a mini skyrim with guns kind of.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Finished it yesterday, I thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it. I had only played far cry 1 and a bit of far cry 2 before playing 4 and you don't need to know the series at all to get in to it as it's totally stand alone. The exploration in an open world makes it stand out amongst FPS games for me, like a mini skyrim with guns kind of.
    Going to give it a try. Thanks. I like open world games.

Yo Revengeance is hype! Platinum Games never failing.

Banned

I've been playing infamous first light through ps plus at the moment, it really reminds me of how bored and disappointed I was when I got to play second son. I hope bloodborne and no man's sky live up to the hype because after finishing little big planet 3 and the last of us in a week I don't have anything to play on my ps4 now so I'm back to the xbox one already. Anyone got anything else to recommend on the ps4? I've already played killzone at a friends and have driveclub but it sucks. I ended up getting the PS4 earlier than I expected (had some vouchers after christmas).

Also I still think the last of us is probably the most over rated game of all time, I enjoyed it but the AI is flat out bad, the level design is poor and the shooting mechanics suck. It's still a good game (mainly due to the story and characters, not the linear mediocre gameplay) but no idea how people\reviewers claimed it was one of the best games of all time
    Last edited by outbreak; 01-15-2015 at 05:58 PM.

PSN is down way too much.

NBA lottery pick

Just got the best ending in Cave Story+, hell of a challenge to get through the last section.

The Stanley Parable is one of the best games I've played in the last few years. To me the Portal series represents the closest anyone's ever been to a perfect video game (and is my favorite video game of all time, and yes I think of both as one game).

This comes as close to scratching that itch that separates Portal from everyone else; and reminds me so much of the wonder, thoughtfulness, humor, and fun I had when first playing Portal.

Is part of that because it's a Source engine mod? MAYBE! But is it a fantastic game? Absolutely. And I really really want to see more of what these guys are capable of, and more of these kinds of games in general. 5 stars. 10 stars. Two thumbs up.

NBA lottery pick

Video of a speedrunner playing through Psychonauts while the doublefine team watches, pretty cool watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsDc1YVxHA0