Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Serious playground baller KingJay718's Avatar

Default Re: Byron Scott FIRED

Byron Scott to the Lakers when Phillip retires.

Hornets outside of CP3 and D. West are trash.

Good college starter

Default Re: Hornets fire coach Byron Scott, replace him with GM Jeff Bower

Okafor is the second best player on this team. They have the pieces or at least 3 of them. Their depth is terrible but I think the rest of the team can't be in this vacuum for long someone will inevitably adapt or develop to fit in and contribute.

Whether its his fault or not keeping Byron clearly wasn't going to change anything.

but LOL at them not dishing out money to hire a new head coach.

I think West is the player who most wanted Byron out. Sounded a little grumpy recently and has already talked about how much better they will be without Byron in press conference, also said "Pride is a dangerous thing"

I think Byron will quickly find another team and do well. He didn't have the pieces to play his style. The Hornets are so much physically slower at every position besides PG it's hard for them to defend as a team.
    Last edited by yobore; 11-12-2009 at 08:48 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

I'm a Scott fan.
    9 games and they trash their coach.... either the players were clueless or they were not paying attention in the huddles and practices = zone out.

Next open team vacancy - Scott has a job.

What a surprised. I didn't expect this from Hornets at all. Plus Paul and Scott are really close.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    How come nobody has mentioned that they brought in Tim Floyd to be a "Assistant Coach".

Sounds like they may eventually try out Floyd as Head Coach.... after they fire the GM that is.
    Wasn't Floyd already head coach of the Hornets before? After he left the Bulls.

Anyways, yeah it does seem like Scott is being used as the scapegoat here similar to how Sam Mitchell(not that I thought he was a great coach or anything) was in Toronto last year. While the coach does have some responsibility over how his team performs, mangement also has to be held accountable for putting together a poorly constructed roster. It wasn't all Sam Mitchell's fault the Raptors sucked badly, the roster was poorly built. Same in New Orleans. Who besides Chris Paul can actually create offense for themselves? Okafor has been playing decently but he's about the only one outside of Paul. David West has been disappointing. Peja looks like he's washed up. They have no wing player who can slash and effectively create for himself and their bench is terrible.

Scott can however be held responsible for giving Devin Brown and Morris Peterson starters mintues when they shouldn't be. As a Raptor fan, I know how frustrating it can be getting watching Mo Pete's wild inconsistency. Like Showtime's been saying, he had two young, promising rookies on the bench in Darren Collison and Marcus Thornton just wasting away. Obviously the vets are not getting it done, why not see what the fresh legs can do?

I do, however, think that Scott's a decent coach and I don't expect him to be unemployed for long.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    finally. where the hell is my mike dunleavy firing?!
    Clippers need to rid of Dunleavy and hire Scott. Unfortunately Mike Dunleavy is also GM and he wont fire himself to hire someone else.

Lakers gotta pick him up to replace rambis as the defensive guru...also he's one of us...come back home scotty.

Good college starter

West seems pretty happy about it which may be a good thing maybe he'll start playing hard.

CP though not happy at all about it being so sudden and said you can't blame it all on the coach. sounds like he's not happy with the management

Pretty wierd that a team would get rid of a coach and then ask him back.

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    It's sort of like the regular season MVP, i think the last time the MVP won the title was when Jordan did it (or shaq).
    Tim Duncan in 03 I think.

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    According to wiki:

Assistant Coach under former Head Coaches Paul Silas and Tim Floyd. He was also an Associate Head Coach at Marrist College from '90-'95, prior to that, being an Assistant Coach at both Marrist College and Penn State.

[LIST][*]Assistant Coach under Paul Silas[*]Assistnat Coach under Tim Floyd[*]Assistant coach at Marrist College[*]Assistant Coach at Penn State[*]Associate Head Coach at Marrist College[/LIST]
    they move this guy, the GM, into a position to be humilated before he is fired (like McHale in Minny). Def a train wreck. Then again similar to Pop's resume when he was moved into the Coaches job in San Antonio.........but the talent level in SA was good at that time so.....................

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
    It's funny how you call Chris Paul a thug when you have Bruce Bowen as your avatar.

Seems that CP3 is unhappy about Scott's firing but West is quite delighted.