Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Great college starter

Default Re: Heat Going Through Easist Playoffs In Sports History

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaro Durant
    the knicks easiest 1st round opponent besides magic. never won playoff game in years lost 2 starters now
    2nd round howardless magic or pacers
    Ecf beating down bulls without its mvp and situations they had all season long or broken down old celtics........

if heat were in west wouldnt be favorites to come out. in 2 yrs east will be more of joke than early 2000

Sounds like a set-up for a future excuse if the Heat make a great run into the Finals....

Cry all you want.....

BIG GRAIN OF SALT

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    cool story, thats what they said last season too.

Wouldn't matter if the Heat went 73-9 and swept the finals against the Monstars there would still be mad haters.
    Please MJ beat the Monstars with Bugs Bunny and Daffy duck as his big 2. And they sucked balls. If it wasn't for Lola bunny hitting her shots and some lucky shots from the bench and the lucky half court dunk from MJ they would lost the game. Seriously you think Lebron will be able to replicate what MJ did? You think this Heat team is better than that Looney Tunes team?

Also who cares if the Heat were lucky this year, it happens. . They still have a finals to win, and if they get lucky again and the opponent star injures himself still not their fault
    Last edited by Bandito; 05-01-2012 at 10:01 PM.

youre really stupid arnt you? first it was "stupider" now its
    easist"

Imagine ISH if they lose! Crashes, crashes every time.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Logic
    Question is whether an easy schedule in the East hurts the Heat more than it helps them. You could argue that an easy sched does them more harm than good.

I expect them to go right through the East. No series longer than 5 games. What does that mean for them?

Rest? They don't need it. Short season, young team, no crucial injuries.

Confidence? An easy East schedule will feed confidence of the worst kind, and of the kind they're most prone to - overconfidence.

Pressure? Blowing through the East will only feed the narrative that they are unstoppable/destined etc., etc. Even though everyone will realize on some level that it's partly or even largely due to a soft schedule, everyone will also conveniently ignore that until Finals roll around, when it becomes a BIG QUESTION that's hung around the team's collective neck, creating a built in storyline to amp up every difficulty they face.

Preparedness? The two conferences look to be set up for two completely different dynamics - a 3 series victory lap in the East and and all out war in the West between a good-sized handful of balanced, hungry, well-coached teams.

Which conference is going to deliver a battle-tested, focused squad that knows it is fully capable of bringing the necessary intensity, dealing with character--testing adversity, and choking the life out of the competition?

Which conference would you prefer your team to come out on top of to reach the Finals?

It clearly hurt them last year, and i see no reason to believe the same won't happen this year. They beat people with ease last year and weren't mentally ready to actually play a series to win the title. They won Game 1 of the Finals, and thought it was over. That's one of the reasons why Dallas snuck up on them in Game 2 in the closing seconds. They managed to win Game 3, but then lost 3 straight. Lebronytes want them to have an easy path to the Finals simply for bragging rights if Lebron gets his first title. The Heat are a mentally weak team, who thrive on blowout wins, but get rattled easily when they have to fight out a win. Getting things easy, does nothing for them in the long run.

Banned

jsmoove injure now

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaro Durant
    jsmoove injure now
    Is he out for the playoffs? I think it was just a sprain so I hope he gets back.

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    Imagine ISH if they lose! Crashes, crashes every time.
    ISH already crashes when LeFlop goes on a floppin spree, and the refs start burying the Heat's opponents.

So we're likely to see plenty of ISH crashes these playoffs.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    You mad you got called out for being a hypocrite? @ at the post I quoted being anything BUT relevant. It's not "random" just because it makes you look like an idiot. You said one thing about the Knicks before, and now saying another. Can we nominate this retard for worst poster of all-time?

Reading and reading comprehension are STILL ****ing fundamental.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    I said the same thing myself last year. The Heat had it relatively easy in the playoffs. But when they made it to the Finals, they weren't expecting the Mavs to "play back" and got mollywhopped for it. I see the same thing happening this year. Hopefully they play Boston in the second round and that's where the real playoffs start for them. Then we'll revisit this issue.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=261758

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    That's cuz Lebronytes are acting like the Knicks are nothing and the Heat will sweep them. Just like last year, Lebronytes are acting like the Heat already won the title and the playoffs and Finals are just a formality to make revenue for the NBA. And just like last year, if you know anything about basketball, you should already know nothing is a given. Anybody can happen.
    http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthr...87#post7218987

Please tell me exactly how those 2 quotes contradict each other.

(Now to save face, watch carefully as he(simpleton) claims I somehow edited the posts, or some other ridiculous theory, he won't bother to even try and prove since he's going to make it up like he ALWAYS does. Or respond with one of his famous MEANINGLESS rants, as misdirection, or watch as one of his boyfriends pulls a run in since he's way too pathetic to get the job done himself. All to try and cover up the FACT that he was in such a hurry to run in here and have yet another circle jerk session, fantasizing about me with all his boyfriends, he never read the posts to begin with)

simpleton = POINTLESS, delusional, ret**ded, illiterate idiotic, worst poster of all time
    Last edited by LakersReign; 05-02-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Serious playground baller Extempo's Avatar

Damn the East SUCKS...its almost embarrassing how Miami needs to be carried by the officials despite the fact that the entire EC sucks...all mediocre teams and a lot of players are out (Rose, Dwight, Amare, now Smith). I bet Miami will still lose to Boston...Lebron will always find a way to choke when it matters most, as he did in the finals last year

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

for people who thinks this is the easiest road to Finals or whatever, are you willing to bet your life savings on the Heat?

Banned

SMH

NBA sixth man of the year

It's right up there with the 2001 AI run with Philly. If the Heat win this year, that's what people will bring up, how weak the East was during that stretch, nevermind the 3 superstar players that they already have.

Banned

Add Noah to that injured list

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    The Knicks were playing very well to end the season with Woodson, it says a lot about the Heat. But I also think the chemistry is better without Amare.
    In Amare's first game back during the regular season after his injury, they though that they would bring him along slowly against a tanking Cavs team that didn't even want to win. The Cavs beat the Knicks while resting all of their starters for the entire fourth quarter and with Melo and Stat both playing.

That was the Cavs' last win of the season. It was pathetic.

This NY team as it is currently constructed is a pretty bad team. Now, they played a bit better last night because Stat was out, but they still aren't very good. Their surge at the end of the season had more to do with a favorable schedule, playing a lot of teams that were tanking and a ridiculously weak Eastern Conference than the Knicks actually being a solid team.

This might as well be an exhibition series for the Heat.