Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: TWolves Strategy...

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    They've been doing that how long and tell me the record of the Wolves the last 3 years. How is stockpiling talent doing anything besides making them look like a DLeague team, or #1 ranked college team?

It has to turn this talent into proven, established players and build. Eat a bad contract of a good player if they have too. Otherwise live in the lottery and hope one draft they nail it like they did with Kevin Garnett.
    That is what they are doing. They are in position to make the move for that good player now. It just depends on when they want to do it. T-Wolves can turn into a respectable team whenever they want to. It is just up to them when they decide to make the move.

Rubio
    Webster
    Beasley/Wesley Johnson
    Love/Williams
    Darko

plus the two good foreign prospects. that is enough get a good player whenever they want it. they have desirable young pieces.

Kahn is so stupid, that he made 7 trades in a row tonight, and by the end of the 7th trade, he ended up with the same players he started with.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Kahn is so stupid, that he made 7 trades in a row tonight, and by the end of the 7th trade, he ended up with the same players he started with.

greatest posT ever

Decent college freshman

I think we will trade Williams and another player to upgrade the C position. If Randolph can permanently play the C position this year then Williams could backup both Love and Beasley and still play fairly heavy minutes.

Williams to me is a PF who can play at times at the 3 but not for more than 10-15 minutes a game. We already have Love at the 4 so there is no point in keeping him. I want to trade for a good C.

Biased Troll

to be fair to the wolves, they've had some bad luck thats been coupled with their ineptness.

they got the #2 pick this year but its a shitty draft. some years you get a kevin durant at that spot, other years you dont. can't really control that.

same happened when they got flynn and rubio. that was a shit draft. sure, there were some slightly better players they could have taken but steph curry and tyler hansborough wouldnt change anything about where they are now.

dont get me wrong, the moves theyve made have been completely shitty, but with their limited options, even a shrewd gm could only do marginally better really.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    I think we will trade Williams and another player to upgrade the C position. If Randolph can permanently play the C position this year then Williams could backup both Love and Beasley and still play fairly heavy minutes.

Williams to me is a PF who can play at times at the 3 but not for more than 10-15 minutes a game. We already have Love at the 4 so there is no point in keeping him. I want to trade for a good C.
    Minny already said several times they not trading him. That organisation is ass backwards

Kahn is an idiot - notice again he picks another point guard this year after drafting 4 that one year.

That said, the Wolves do have a problem getting free agents to want to go there. It's simply too cold.

And to win, you have to suck to get a high draft pick. That said, they should have picked Kanter or they need to trade Beasley.

There are some veterans out there the Wolves can look at to improve their team. They need to add some bigs to solidify the middle. Not guys who are goint to play a ton of minutes, but around 10-12 minutes per night. The team is way too soft in the middle. Next add a scorer. They can trade for a guy like Ben Gordon, who has a bad contract, but if they send out another player in return, then it isn't too bad. And his contract is for 3 years. Gordon isn't great, but he can actually put the ball in the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    What is it? What exactly is the TWolves goal tonight or any night? Accumulate talent? Hope that it jells? Get a ton of assets to move later on? It seems like every time you think they made a nice decision, they ship the player off to get more young players.

Decent college freshman

Williams might be kept for this season just in case Love walks on us. I have heard good things from Beasley, Randolph and Wes on how happy they are being in Minnesota but I hear nothing about Love.

Hopefully Williams accepts coming off the bench and backing up both Beas and Love and against smaller teams maybe we can go with a Beasley/Williams/Love trio. They will get torched on d but I think they can at least rebound so they could be played against teams with no good bigs like GS or the Cavs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

The franchise needs a real alpha guru , that Kahn takes a back seat to...

Thought Mchale would be someone to turn the franchise around , and I actually think he made it worse.

I think once a alpha coach comes in , and actually streamlines the style and puts a finger print on the team , it will start shaping into the direction as it needs to be.
    I stated the same thing with the expansion Bobcat thread yesterday.
    Silas is the alpha guru - who is going to make the team identifiable (spl.)

--------------------
    Rambis came in and thought some triangle offense was the answer to it all.
    Little did he learn that you need viable players to fit ANY system.

Sometimes you are dealt the cards that lay in front of you, and great coachs make it work until they get 'THEIR PIECES"

I believe Hammond and Skiles has a plan for the Bucks , and I think some of those moves are similar to how the Pistons developed their championship run.

Minny fans can only tolerate so much , and eventually not support the team.
    Just think of how the Clips were looked upon for all those years

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I stopped watching is this factual or just funny?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Geezer's Avatar

TWolves strategy = throw darts at a board with player's names on it while blindfolded, then attempt to acquire player through draft or trade no matter how badly they fit

More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

Twolves strategy = what would happen if a 16 year old bandwaggon fan actually ran an organization.

So you know, if half of ish had gm powers.

Decent college freshman

I think Love,Rubio,Beas,Johnson,Williams as a talent core is pretty solid. Either one of the Fs gets dealt or they will have to get ultra creative, but you can't pass on Williams there no matter what. You might see DW and Love as the 4/5 at times. They can rebound the positions and it'll be tough to outscore them. We're talking small doses though of course. The last half of the 4th particularly.

I wonder if there is any decent C Beasley can bring back.