Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

Default Re: Lakers fans cheering for the Magic have a reality check coming...

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    THE LAKERS HAVE NO CHANCE AGAINST ORLANDO
    Then Orlando will win the title. I see no problem with this.

Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
    okie dokey. Someone who claims to be a true realist and thinks "fanhood" is a virtue shouldn't say "NO chance". I mean it's professional basketball, even if you think one team is vastly superior (which in the NBA finals is rare) saying "NO chance" just feels bitter and short sighted. No?
    I admit I am bitter. Not about the Cavs losing but about the arrogance from the Kobe apostles and blind hatred for LeBron James. I'm not even a Cavs fan, Bulls fan first, just enjoy seeing such a great all around talent like LeBron play and the way these Kobe apostles act, he's a bum.

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

I admit I am bitter. Not about the Cavs losing but about the arrogance from the Kobe apostles and blind hatred for LeBron James. I'm not even a Cavs fan, Bulls fan first, just enjoy seeing such a great all around talent like LeBron play and the way these Kobe apostles act, he's a bum.

Do you think a healthy Luol Deng would have affected the outcome of the Celtics/Bulls series?

Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
    Do you think a healthy Luol Deng would have affected the outcome of the Celtics/Bulls series?
    Well if you mean 100% healthy Deng, probably, might have been enough to win the series in 6. The problem is ever since Deng signed his contract extention, and we showed him the money, he went into the tank. So I've lost a lot of confidence in Deng. Speculation had it that he could have come back from that injury but didn't want to.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

I find LeBron boring. I have nothing against him but this. Not entertaining, except his dunks or when he is totally on fire from everywhere on the court. I think he is a great player, but I don't like watching him (i.e.: his team) play.

I cannot enjoy boredom.

Da Mavs

Lol Bruce didn't you say LA would lose to Denver?

I think Orlando will cause match-up problems but thank the lord up above that we have Odom who can come off the bench to neutralize and give us a PF in a SF's body like Shard for Orlando. It is also huge that Jameer isn't playing.

Let the players on the court do the talking.

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

Well if you mean 100% healthy Deng, probably, might have been enough to win the series in 6. The problem is ever since Deng signed his contract extention, and we showed him the money, he went into the tank. So I've lost a lot of confidence in Deng. Speculation had it that he could have come back from that injury but didn't want to.
    I got to see your bulls courtside this year at staples (i'm not rich, i lucked into some tickets through my girlfriend's employer). I really like a bunch of your players. I wasn't sure about Vinnie Del to be honest but that playoff series looked like maybe they figured something out. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the off season. Keep Hinrich?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease purple8gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    just like the Lakers didn't have anyone to defend Melo.
    just like the Lakers didn't have an answer for Billups.

3 words for the simple-minded: Home Court Advantage.

if that doesn't work for ya, 1 more word: Kobe.
    Sswwweeeet! I can't wait! Let's rock n' roll!

"Go Big or Go Home" miniharrison37's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRabbiT
    nah. i don't see that. sorry.

although, it'll be a great finals
    Yeah, I used to like bruceblitz posts, but after that little statement not as much.

Very good NBA starter

THe celtics and Cavs didnt have an answer for 6-10 shooters who are dangerous from 3. Having a 6'5 Ray Allen or 6'3 West try to close out on those guys was a big disadvantage.

The Lakers have long athletic players in Odom(6 10) and Ariza(6'8 with long arms)

The lakers have 3 point attacks, and athletes...something boston and cleveland dont have collectively

Lakers in 6.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RocketGreatness
    The same Dwight Howard who will be going up against Andrew Bynum? Ok. We are talking about the same Dwight Howard who got completely shut down by Kendrick Perkins right..
    Dwight will manhandle the Lakers front line. Kendrick Perkins is miles ahead of Andrew Bynum defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    Dwight will manhandle the Lakers front line. Kendrick Perkins is miles ahead of Andrew Bynum defensively.
    Perhaps, but we have 3 bigs and 18 fouls to throw at him. And thats not including Mbenga.

Very good NBA starter

We had perkins and that was it.

Cavs have a very slow Z and an Undersized Wallace with a Varejau who is not strong enough.

Lakers have athletic Bigmen who will take Howard out the box area.

Seriously i dont care for either team, but the lakers have the perfect mix to beat the Magic in 6 games.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Bynum is playing through an injury, so it will be Gasol who plays Dwight. I don't think Gasol will have any problems. Gasol is taller and has a jumpshot. Dwight does NOT have a jumpshot and cannot shoot over the taller Gasol.

It sucks that Odom, Ariza, Kobe, and Bynum is injured, yet Lakers are still favored to win it all.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

If the Lakers decide to play like they played last night they have a way better chance than the Cavs.