Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption discussion

Just got an xbox AND red dead redemption. i have modern warfare 2 and red dead so far. what can i do to NOT get red ring of death? just not over heat it? what if i put a little fan on it? lol.

also, when do i get a damn lasso???

Quote Originally Posted by v-unit
    Just got an xbox AND red dead redemption. i have modern warfare 2 and red dead so far. what can i do to NOT get red ring of death? just not over heat it? what if i put a little fan on it? lol.
    I use a mini fan to help keep it cool. I have it placed on the opposite side of the harddrive angled so that half of it is blowing into the side and half of it is blowing to the back. I only use it when I'm going to watch a Netflix movie or play for a couple hours.

A couple tips to avoid the RROD or other overheating errors:

-Plug your 360 into a wall outlet, not a strip

-Do not put your 360 in a closed area, it has to be placed somewhere that it can "breathe"

-Unplug after each use(optional, but I heard it helps)

-Make sure your plug is well secured into the socket each time(everytime my 360 burned out, the plug was halfway out)

-Don't let dust accumulate on and around your console.

-Give your console rest periods if you played for a while. For instance, if you just played 2 and a half hours of Red Dead, don't put in the Modern Warfare immediately and play another couple hours. That's the fast road to overheating.

-If you turn your console off after playing for a while, let it cool down some before turning it back on and playing again.

also, when do i get a damn lasso???
    You get it through the Bonnie missions. Just keep playing those until you get it. It won't take long.

Very good NBA starter

Amazing, thanks a lot! Perfect post.

I'm going to hook up xbox live so I'm down to play with anybody soonish like this week

Amazing, thanks a lot! Perfect post.

I'm going to hook up xbox live so I'm down to play with anybody soonish like this week
    Soonish? you will not be getting added. Sorry.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Soonish? you will not be getting added. Sorry.
    [COLOR=black]D[/COLOR]ouche!

How do I hook up my second wireless controller for the 360? I hit the middle button and it just turns "on" but it doesn't work. So I hit that wireless button near the battery and it just flashes, how do I actually turn it on so I can play co-op on Modern Warfare?

[COLOR=black]D[/COLOR]ouche!

How do I hook up my second wireless controller for the 360? I hit the middle button and it just turns "on" but it doesn't work. So I hit that wireless button near the battery and it just flashes, how do I actually turn it on so I can play co-op on Modern Warfare?
    You gotta synch it. Turn your 360 on. Take your controller and at the top of your controller there is a lil white button next to the LB button. Press it. Then on your xbox 360 there is also a little white button located on the front (under where your tray slides out). Press that. You'll see your xbox start flashing along with your controller. Your controller should stop flashing. Now it works

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

finished the story. loved the ending. love this game.
    92.6% finished. still have to rank up on a couple of things and complete a few outfits.
    I'll probably leave that to my girl to do at her own pace. She's hooked on this game and loves just riding around on the horse and hunting and finding scraps and herbs and stuff.

I know now for me, I will probably only play co-op (multiplayer)
    (also getting into co-op Battlefield Bad Company 2)

kinda stuck on these two games

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I coulda swore I was gonna be able sit down for a couple hours last night and finish. I had finished the Yale professor the night before, and all I had left was the GMan, Agent Ross. I knew I couldn't have much longer before I would be killing Dutch. Then they tack on all the new stuff after that. Really surprised me, but I'm really liking it. I didn't go too long because Rescue Me was coming on, and frankly, I was a little bittersweet about killing Dutch anyway, because I didn't want to finish, so this additional stuff was a nice surprise, and now I don't want to plow through that too.

I haven't even checked my percentage complete. I can see myself actually replaying this, maybe as a villain. And there's some trophy hunting I'd like to do in this too. And I haven't even played online yet other than a couple times just to try out the free roam.

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I coulda swore I was gonna be able sit down for a couple hours last night and finish. I had finished the Yale professor the night before, and all I had left was the GMan, Agent Ross. I knew I couldn't have much longer before I would be killing Dutch. Then they tack on all the new stuff after that. Really surprised me, but I'm really liking it. I didn't go too long because Rescue Me was coming on, and frankly, I was a little bittersweet about killing Dutch anyway, because I didn't want to finish, so this additional stuff was a nice surprise, and now I don't want to plow through that too.

I haven't even checked my percentage complete. I can see myself actually replaying this, maybe as a villain. And there's some trophy hunting I'd like to do in this too. And I haven't even played online yet other than a couple times just to try out the free roam.
    dude, you still have a bunch of good story left.
    it's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
    dude, you still have a bunch of good story left.
    it's really good.

Cool. The last mission I did last night was saving Jack from the Bear. Some of the missions seemed a little silly after all the shootouts that led up to them, like herding, which I hadn't done since the tutorial I reckon, but still, I found them fascinating as a way to flesh out the end of the character, and now there's tension building again with the son. It's like a really well written post-script.

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

Cool. The last mission I did last night was saving Jack from the Bear. Some of the missions seemed a little silly after all the shootouts that led up to them, like herding, which I hadn't done since the tutorial I reckon, but still, I found them fascinating as a way to flesh out the end of the character, and now there's tension building again with the son. It's like a really well written post-script.

so i a couple of missions on from you, ie, just finnished the game, what do i do now? is there sill more missions to come or anything? are there different endings for everyone? are there more purple people or do i just roam about completing silly tasks

Spectacular ending. One of my favorites ever. On two seperate occasions I thought it was actually over. Even the closing credit song was good enough I want to hunt it down and download it.

I'm at like 98%. I have no idea what I could be missing.

Banned

just played and beat all the coop missions on gold. pretty fun, but not long enough, got through all of em in under 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    just played and beat all the coop missions on gold. pretty fun, but not long enough, got through all of em in under 2 hours.
    Advanced Coop?

Spectacular ending. One of my favorites ever. On two seperate occasions I thought it was actually over. Even the closing credit song was good enough I want to hunt it down and download it.

I'm at like 98%. I have no idea what I could be missing.
    Loved the music after you got done with Dutch and headed home. And the ending was awesome.