Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: quotes that piss u the fukk off

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    "money doesn't buy happiness"

complete and utter bullshit on many levels...from a child purchasing a .05 piece of gum to make him happy to a wealthy family who is on average much happier than a family in poverty...it's bullshit no matter how you look at it.

maybe "money doesn't ALWAYS buy happiness" works...but usually it does, at least in the short term.

"money doesn't buy love"

this is closer to truth than the happiness one, but IMO it is also bullshit to a certain degree...Many women legitimately fall in love with men that they wouldn't have even bothered talking to if they were bums...and in that sense money certainly opened up the doors to love, or at least more opportunity for love.
    Just remember, "Money can't buy happiness but no money can't buy sh!t".

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Well Drake is a degenerate human being in more ways than one. So I agree.

And Marilyn Monroe is not a human being worthy of much respect, so I double agree.

I gotta ask though, i've found that many people who aren't conventionally successful often times have some pearls of wisdom they could hsare.

Have you met any people in the prison that made you think or go a-ha?
    I worked in a youth prison so no, but when I lived in Chicago I would run into a derelict from time to time whom had some wisdom to share.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrayon
    Just remember, "Money can't buy happiness but no money can't buy sh!t".
    exactly

broke = unhappiness...at least for most

and street bums who are happy being bums don't count because the vast majority of them are mentally ill...and most beg for money anyway

exactly

broke = unhappiness...at least for most

and street bums who are happy being bums don't count because the vast majority of them are mentally ill...and most beg for money anyway
    The more correct quote would be "money can't buy you happiness, but not having it can bring you misery."

I think there was a study about happiness from money ending at about 70k a year. After your basic needs are met and you have some leisure cash, what can money really buy you?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenryan
    The more correct quote would be "money can't buy you happiness, but not having it can bring you misery."

I think there was a study about happiness from money ending at about 70k a year. After your basic needs are met and you have some leisure cash, what can money really buy you?
    After that it can buy you retirement aka freedom from work if you wish. The saftey net of knowing you don't have to work if don't want to.

I've heard the 70k thing as well but I find it hard to believe there isnt another level after that consisting of those who are set up for life.

After that it can buy you retirement aka freedom from work if you wish. The saftey net of knowing you don't have to work if don't want to.

I've heard the 70k thing as well but I find it hard to believe there isnt another level after that consisting of those who are set up for life.

I agree for the most part. There are always exceptions. I have a few trust fund friends that have never had to worry about money their entire lives and they aren't happy at all. Also people who are obsessed with money to the point that all other things in life come second are often unhappy and unfulfilled.

Most people who make 70k or more enjoy the responsibility of their job. I never had a job I both loved and made great money at so I can't say from experience but from co-workers I can see the stressfulness of making 30k a year with a family to support while also having no job security. I would argue that it is human nature to want to be productive and have a purpose regardless of how much you have in the bank. There is a curtain pride that comes with knowing you have earned what you have. Even after you feed your dog, he still wants to go outside and hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    I agree for the most part. There are always exceptions. I have a few trust fund friends that have never had to worry about money their entire lives and they aren't happy at all. Also people who are obsessed with money to the point that all other things in life come second are often unhappy and unfulfilled.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenryan
    Most people who make 70k or more enjoy the responsibility of their job. I never had a job I both loved and made great money at so I can't say from experience but from co-workers I can see the stressfulness of making 30k a year with a family to support while also having no job security. I would argue that it is human nature to want to be productive and have a purpose regardless of how much you have in the bank. There is a curtain pride that comes with knowing you have earned what you have. Even after you feed your dog, he still wants to go outside and hunt.
    yes, I bet if there was a legit study between the happiness of trust fund baby millionaires and self-made millionaires that the self-mades would score much higher on the happiness chart. I would bet anything.

Also, if I had to bet on who was happier between the average 70k individual and the average "self-made" millionaire...I am taking the millionaire...that gap might be smaller though

to my knowledge these studies don't exist though...

It is somewhat understandable that a trust fund baby could be unhappy because they don't respect money or anything that they have, they have never really had the great and satisfying feeling of working hard for something and earning it...When I was able to purchase my first condo I had that feeling "yes, I made it!..ALL THIS HARD WORK PAID OFF!!!"...to a trust fund baby my condo is a shack and they will never have that feeling of satisfaction that I got from that.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    "If you can't handle me at my worst, then u sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    Oh my God, this. No, you're not special or deserving of anything. It just means you're a [COLOR="black"]cu[/COLOR]nt.

Banned

"finding a job is not hard"

-an a$$hole

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

"everything happens for a reason"

"No."