Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Rocket fans....were Laker fans right about Dwight?

You can't blame DH for tonight's game. I thought he played a good game. He hit a clutch free throw off an and1 and hit a clutch baby hook in the lane. Had nice blocks and played D like he always did.

But, there is one thing he needs to stop doing...and that's trying to block every shot that goes up within 15 feet of the basket. The reason why they give up so many offensive rebounds is because when he goes to block a shot, his man ends up with the ball. Happened tonight with the Hawes put back dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    You can't blame DH for tonight's game. I thought he played a good game. He hit a clutch free throw off an and1 and hit a clutch baby hook in the lane. Had nice blocks and played D like he always did.

But, there is one thing he needs to stop doing...and that's trying to block every shot that goes up within 15 feet of the basket. The reason why they give up so many offensive rebounds is because when he goes to block a shot, his man ends up with the ball. Happened tonight with the Hawes put back dunk.

I find his defense extremely overrated because of this. He will get those 4 blocks per game and they would be complete non factors cause they always end up on the stands or rivals, for a new possession. not to mention the times he will goaltend cause as you see, this is a guy that jumps for the block before thinking

Did I miss something?

When did 23/15/6/6 become a bad game?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    I find his defense extremely overrated because of this. He will get those 4 blocks per game and they would be complete non factors cause they always end up on the stands or rivals, for a new possession. not to mention the times he will goaltend cause as you see, this is a guy that jumps for the block before thinking
    Yeah...they look impressive, but don't mean THAT much because the opposing team just gets the ball back and they get to run a set play from out of bounds.

And he needs to know when to go for the block and when not to. There's been plenty of times where a guy goes up for a jumper just outside the block AND is being covered well by his man and yet Dwight STILL tries to jump OVER the defender and block the shot, leaving his man wide open underneath for the offensive rebound/tip in.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Were we right about his offensive woes? Yeah obviously. He's still arguably the best defensive big in the NBA. Dwight can not be trusted to be an offensive go to guy in the 4th. Not only that, his free throw woes can lose you games - guaranteed - specially Hack-a-Dwight in the 4th.

Local High School Star LakersForlife's Avatar

howard is a proven cancer. SVG made him look like a super star. now he is exposed with a bunch of L. not a good teamate and leader

Banned

Let's not forget Laker fans told Rocket fans that they will win games even when Dwight was a no-show too.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Did I miss something?

When did 23/15/6/6 become a bad game?

You probably missed watching the actual game..
    Always impressed by dwights statlines, try actually watching him play.

Man he really really stunk it up last night. Still contributed on defense and rebounds. That's pretty much all we need from him. I imagine that the limited post moves he had prior to surgery will come back. I expected them hoes to be back by now though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    Were we right about his offensive woes? Yeah obviously. He's still arguably the best defensive big in the NBA. Dwight can not be trusted to be an offensive go to guy in the 4th. Not only that, his free throw woes can lose you games - guaranteed - specially Hack-a-Dwight in the 4th.

Tyson Chandler
    Marc Gasol
    Andrew Bogut
    Roy Hibbert
    Anthony Davis
    Asik
    Vucevic
    Petkovic
    +many other centers.

Are better then this undersized 6'9 guy with low IQ who the refs allow to goaltend

Banned

That Houston lack of an effort.

I hope you guys realize we were right.

Not airballing my layups anymore Da Kobester's Avatar

Dwight Choward's a clown he will never win a championship guaranteed coz this dude is NOT a go to guy when game's on the line. He doesn't utilize his foot works properly nor does he react quick enough when posting up his opponents allowing defenders time to square up on him. Plus the fact he will get 2 or more offensive fouls per game coz he uses his upper body to post rather then his legs and of course opponents will always use the hack a howard against him Brrrick this dude is cancer on the team as well as a clown!

I realized that this thread goes silent EVERY SINGLE TIME he has a good game. Give credit where credit's due. If you're gonna talk after a bad game, be a man and talk after a good one.