Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Tom Clancy's: The Division

This looks pretty impressive, my only concern is that it seems like you would be screwed if you dont have a group to play with.

I am sure there will be some LFG sites out there to help find people to play with tho....

I guess people are getting the BETA code by pre-ordering the game on PSN, then they get the code and install the BETA, then after it is installed the cancel their preorder and still able to play
    Last edited by Rondooooooooooo; 01-27-2016 at 03:13 PM.

Started today for xbox, not bad at all. Hoping the customizations is a bit better in the release.

One thing I don't like so far is the menus. You should be more easily able to swap between gear.

There's a big focus on the RPG aspect and less so on the shooter stuff. If you're more into upgrading guns/gear as you progress you'll like it a lot. The gun play is fair enough, nothing innovative nor progressive but just solid. No real complaints here.

Haven't been to the darkzones that much really because none of my friends are off work/out of class yet...but it seems really fun. Reminiscent of the Day Z free roam type stuff, especially the group parts. What I mean by this is it seems like if you're in a group EVERYONE comes at you. Even if it's a group of 3 from what I've noticed all the other solo plays just gang up on them and then take out each other. It's really fun yet at the same time monotonous because it's so repetitive like that. Hoping that changes later on for me when I play with some friends.

The solo mission is the same as the alpha if anyone played that.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Has potential, but a Ubisoft game....ergh

National High School Star

I had a great weekend pouring quite a few hours into this, must say i loved a lot of it. Loved the DZ, got killed a few times and got my own back a few times. I like the rogue aspect, great risk for good reward.

I had a carbine sniper, a police M4 assault rifle and a pistol, the pistols are pretty much useless, especially with a quick reload attachment on the rifle. Only used it once or twice when i was out of ammo on my rifles.

DZ was great even solo i found. Stalking the streets with a sniper, hid from a group of 4 rogues watching them walk past. Tempted to take a couple shots knowing a good head shot or 2 would have killed one, obviously i would have been outgunned though, so just waited. Had some good gear too. The biggest tip to extracting as a solo is to either call the chopper or get to a zone where someone has already called it, then hang on the outskirts of the zone, some where where its hard to flank and wait. Wait a few seconds after the chopper arrives as it takes about 5 seconds for the rope to drop. Then quickly run in and extract with everyone else. Only had one time doing that where i was killed, but it was after the extraction so i got my gear.

My only issue is, when rogue, me and 3 other guys all bunkered down in this one way alley with a narrow gate entrance and reached rogue level 5 where you get manhunt. We had to survive for 5 minutes to get a huge reward. Only problem is, everyone in the DZ comes for you. Now that isn't my issue, it was so epic holding down this ally way with 3 other people i had only just met, i had a sniper rifle and a machine gun, slowly running out of ammo. Used all my grenades. The problem is, the 5 minutes resets as soon as you hit someone just once.
    Do you know how hard it is to survive for 5 minutes with out firing a single shot? We tried, we killed everyone, however, we had so many dropped items in our alley from all the kills that everyone just re-spawned and came right back. We managed to get the time down to a minute and a half just firing warning shots to the gate. After 3 minutes though of just firing warning shots and 7-8 players hanging out near the gate must of known we were low on ammo or they can see the time we had to remain rogue. The made a push straight through the gate, we had no choice but to fire on them to survive, Thus re-setting our 5 minutes. We killed them again, but more came and we were picked of one by one.
    Were we where looked like a gem cave with all the green and blue dropped loot. Wish i remembered the record button, haven't had that much fun playing a video game for quite sometime.

Overall, really enjoyable game, and i'll get the full thing.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Here's a link to a hands on blog from a Game Informer writer. Some good info in there.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ostPageIndex=1

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    I had a great weekend pouring quite a few hours into this, must say i loved a lot of it. Loved the DZ, got killed a few times and got my own back a few times. I like the rogue aspect, great risk for good reward.

I had a carbine sniper, a police M4 assault rifle and a pistol, the pistols are pretty much useless, especially with a quick reload attachment on the rifle. Only used it once or twice when i was out of ammo on my rifles.

DZ was great even solo i found. Stalking the streets with a sniper, hid from a group of 4 rogues watching them walk past. Tempted to take a couple shots knowing a good head shot or 2 would have killed one, obviously i would have been outgunned though, so just waited. Had some good gear too. The biggest tip to extracting as a solo is to either call the chopper or get to a zone where someone has already called it, then hang on the outskirts of the zone, some where where its hard to flank and wait. Wait a few seconds after the chopper arrives as it takes about 5 seconds for the rope to drop. Then quickly run in and extract with everyone else. Only had one time doing that where i was killed, but it was after the extraction so i got my gear.

My only issue is, when rogue, me and 3 other guys all bunkered down in this one way alley with a narrow gate entrance and reached rogue level 5 where you get manhunt. We had to survive for 5 minutes to get a huge reward. Only problem is, everyone in the DZ comes for you. Now that isn't my issue, it was so epic holding down this ally way with 3 other people i had only just met, i had a sniper rifle and a machine gun, slowly running out of ammo. Used all my grenades. The problem is, the 5 minutes resets as soon as you hit someone just once.
    Do you know how hard it is to survive for 5 minutes with out firing a single shot? We tried, we killed everyone, however, we had so many dropped items in our alley from all the kills that everyone just re-spawned and came right back. We managed to get the time down to a minute and a half just firing warning shots to the gate. After 3 minutes though of just firing warning shots and 7-8 players hanging out near the gate must of known we were low on ammo or they can see the time we had to remain rogue. The made a push straight through the gate, we had no choice but to fire on them to survive, Thus re-setting our 5 minutes. We killed them again, but more came and we were picked of one by one.
    Were we where looked like a gem cave with all the green and blue dropped loot. Wish i remembered the record button, haven't had that much fun playing a video game for quite sometime.

Holy shit, I can't wait to play this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death

I actually loved mine, it's great for killing or at least stunning the enemies that run at you with a bat. Also not a bad gun for the close encounter in the dead zone's subway. Maybe not as great as other guns, but still useful.

Rank five in the dead zone is amazing, it's RDR's free roam online thing but with more cover. Definitely had a similar story with that last night as well.

One interesting tid bit is 64 on pc but only 24 on console. Seems like PC would be a cluster**** like that, I know there's more areas in the deadzone that are inaccessible right now, but it feels like 32-40 would be the max I'd go for.

Banned

Is this going to be available through Steam? What I'm reading here has gotten me interested but I've become so used to Steam that it's a near necessity.

Open beta this weekend! Plus Black Desert Online CBT2. I thought I was going to be social this weekend, but it might be tough.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Open beta this weekend! Plus Black Desert Online CBT2. I thought I was going to be social this weekend, but it might be tough.
    Yea I saw the open beta this weekend. Starts the 19th, right? Good thing I have no plans this weekend

Banned

Pre-loading now. Definitely won't spend $80 for it on release but if I like it I'll look for it at Christmas.

Added to my cart will download now.

Trying to play the beta but I'm getting an error
    The division services are not available at this time. Please try again later.
    Delta 20010159

Edit: Beta starts Friday @7am EST. I'll give it a shot. So far this game looks like the first shooter I'll purchase since Destiny, and after skipping the last two final CODS and BF4 blowing, it'll also be the first third person shooter that caught my attention since Socom back when I was 9-13.

Looks a LOT like Socom. Seems like a purchase to me. I'll confirm after I play it tomorrow. I'm excited. I stopped playing video games the past year and need to get myself back in.
    Last edited by Draz; 02-18-2016 at 05:52 PM.

You could pre load. Doesn't start until tomorrow.

Black Desert CBT2 started tonight.

Banned

All ready to go.