Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Default Re: Greece Is Coming To The 2014 FIBA World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Yeah, I don't know who you are quoting, but it's obviously some idiot American NBA only fan who does know what the hell he is talking about.

This is from an inside source within FIBA. This is done, at 90%. The only other country with any chance left is Italy, and there shot is 10% at best.

And even in the money side, Greece supposedly even paid FIBA double what they did.

well i don't know how much greeks paid but Turkey has paid the most so far

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    http://www.eurohoops.net/2014/01/dribbling/40753

According to Eurohoops posted 4 hours ago, Greece getting in not certain at all. So hold the celebrations.
    lol yeah a reporter from Greece knows more than a legit inside source at FIBA Europe. OK man sure whatever.

You are unbelievably dumb.

It's also funny how when that site reported that the owner of Panathinaikos got prosecuted for rigging the Greek League finals, you said it was a lie, fake, made up, untrue, and basically said none of it could be real.

Even though all that site did was link to the Greek equivalent of ESPN which had the story and all the government documents and rulings showing it officially happened, with statements from judges etc.

But you said it was all a lie, fake, untrue.

Now, all of a sudden, that site becomes your go to source for info.

HYPOCRITE.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-23-2014 at 10:57 AM.

[QUOTE=SexSymbol]What does the phrase fake lithuanian troll actually mean?
    Do you mean faking that I'm from Lithuania? I live in

Banned

Good thing Ike Diogu and Petteri Koponen aren't going to be at the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    well i don't know how much greeks paid but Turkey has paid the most so far
    Greece is hosting two FIBA tournaments this summer and paying for them, Europe under 20 and world under 17, plus they are building some new Euroleague level arenas (something FIBA Europe and Euroleague put HUGE emphasis on for the growth of the sport), and they are also putting in marketing and sponsor deals to grow the sport in Crete, which is one of the biggest growing basketball markets in Europe now.

Euroleague had 2 games there this year as part of this also. It's one of the biggest growing markets in Europe for basketball.

Plus, Greece signed one of the biggest TV contracts in FIBA for the tournament, which is really probably the main thing, because that will directly generate more revenue for FIBA. Also, Greece is adding money from their sponsor Eurobank.

So basically, Greece is ACTUALLY putting a LOT of money, the as same as Brazil, in hosting the Olympics, China due, to the huge population and interest in the sport, and Turkey, which has the huge sponsor money that was paid from Turkish Airlines.

Russia, of course also would have put the huge money in also, but again, they have done another scandal in their federation, and again been caught on tape doing so, and this is like the 4th time or so this happened in recent years. So it seems FIBA is wanting some distance from them for awhile.

As far as I know then, while these other countries put up lots of money, countries like Italy, Finland, and Canada, and whatever, that also want the wild card, basically put nothing really other than the money required to apply.

And Italy already got a wildcard, and teams that have not gotten a wildcard get the precedence over ones that did.........actually, Russia already got the wildcard also. While Greece never got the wildcard.

And of course, Italy has been horrible for so many years in tournament play that you could not give it to them based on merit.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-23-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Good luck to Greece on getting their butts kicked. They might be a little numb to it due to what they received years ago, still wishing them a good luck.

So much for Dr.J4ever's troll attempt trying to use Eurohoops.net as if they knew more than an inside source at FIBA about this.......

Just talking like freaking Italy had the chance to get it.......

The same site now reports.......

http://www.eurohoops.net/2014/01/dribbling/40931

One week before the final decision of FIBA about the World Cup wildcards, Italy is officially out of the race. As it was announced via a press release the federal council of the Italian Basketball Federation “having heard the report of the president Petrucci, has unanimously decided to withdraw the application for a World Cup wild card”.

Among the reasons given for Italy’s decision was the 500.000 USD guaranty fee for the wild card, but Petrucci mentioned the sum of 830.000 euros as a fee. As the Italian Federation president Giovanni Petrucci said: ” “The financial demands of FIBA for a wildcard are not ethically acceptable”. Meanwhile, Italian national team coach Simone Pianigiani expressed his disappointment in Skysports television station: “The wild card will go to teams that we beat at Eurobasket. I think two European teams between Russia, Greece and Turkey will get to the World Cup. We beat Turkey three times over the last two summers. We are disappointed”. In total four wild cards will be given, two of them are expected to end up in European teams and the other two to Brazil and China.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr.J4ever, I have given inside info here like 5 times and every time it was proven true BEFORE the fact. Even the freaking mods here learned not to screw with me on that.

Stop being an idiot.

Eurohoops.net is a very good site, certainly one of the very, very best in the world for international basketball, but it's still just a news site, it isn't the same thing as an inside source at FIBA.

And so now FIBA is charging €830,000 euros ($1,135,000 dollars) for a wild card..........
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-25-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Banned

Will Ike Diogu be at the tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Good thing Ike Diogu and Petteri Koponen aren't going to be at the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Will Ike Diogu be at the tournament?
    Yeah, the 7th placed team from Africa is going to get a place at the World Cup...
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-25-2014 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by r0drig0lac
    Good thing Brazil is hosting the 2016 Olympics so FIBA is giving them a wildcard. Since they lost every single game at the weakest regional zone tournament.

Yeah, the 7th placed team from Africa is going get a place at the World Cup...
    Why do you try to call everybody idiots and call them liars even though some of them don't even try to insult you?

And my second question would be: is your mother your sister?

Good thing Brazil is hosting the 2016 Olympics so FIBA is giving them a wildcard. Since they lost every single game at the weakest regional zone tournament.
    and? Brazil is 2x world champion basketball, but I think you know that

Made that high school varsity squad

You were given a charity spot and will be beaten down as always. You have no right to make fun of other international teams when your team:

1) Is led by one of the biggest busts and worst NBA players of all time.
    2) Has lost to Nigeria and Finland.

Quote Originally Posted by r0drig0lac
    and? Brazil is 2x world champion basketball, but I think you know that
    And Brazil only won those championships during the time when basketball was AMATEUR.

They did not win it during professional basketball.

I think you know that.

If you have a point, feel free to make it.