Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default NBA on ESPN sucks !

They have the worst color commentators on TV.......Hubie Brown and Jeff van Gundy....all they do is talk,talk,talk about everything else then the game we are trying to watch and enjoy......talking about nonsense while the game is being played.....the play-by-play men rarely covers the game action......van gundy talked for 5 mins. about the Lakers coaching situation...right in the middle of the fukking clippers-heat game.......

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Re: NBA on ESPN sucks !

I absolutely cannot stand the girl who did the Thunder/Grizz game last night. I think it was doris burke. Her voice alone kills me. Add the fact that shes dead boring. And boom, you have yourself a shitty color analyst.

Love JVG, though. Sarcastic and witty little insights do it for me. I dont really look at them to analyze the game for me, since that can and should be done on your own.
    Last edited by Levity; 11-15-2012 at 04:22 PM.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

I actually really like both Hubie and JVG, but I agree that NBA on ESPN is inferior.

NBA on ESPN is to NBA on TNT as canned re-fried beans are to fresh restaurant beans; Kenny Smith is a cheese enchilada, Ernie is the chips and salsa, and Charles Barkley is the asada burrito. ESPN is Rosarita.

Jon Barry is worse with all that stuttering

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    Jon Barry is worse with all that stuttering
    Not saying it doesn't exist, but I've never noticed that. Strange.

One of my biggest issues with NBA on ESPN/ABC is how they seem to quiet the crowd level so we can always hear the announcers as clearly as possible. Personally, one of my favorite aspects of watching NBA games on TV were those times where something so crazy happened, the announcers had to speak up for themselves to be heard over the insane crowd.

The announcers should not be drowning out the atmosphere. Instead, the atmosphere should drown out the announcers.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 11-15-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Hubie Brown is the worst when they show replays and prove he was wrong he still tries to make it seem like he had the right call

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Pretty funny when the ESPN Camera man was zooming in at the Lakers Banners during the Clippers-Heat game last night.

Earned not given

I f*ckin hate Mike Tirico. He's so PC it's not even funny. He along with Joe Buck are two of the worst announcers on TV right now

yeah it was painfully obvious last night, ESPN allowed JVG to go on a rant for like 15 mins that had no relation to the game. thats awful, JVG. and im a big JVG fan.

I think they could use a 3rd color person again like Mark Jackson brought to the table. Mark Jackson was terrible but at least JVG made the most of it every time. I think maybe Bill Walton could save that duo of Breen/JVG. Burke on the other hand. just awful

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    I f*ckin hate Mike Tirico. He's so PC it's not even funny. He along with Joe Buck are two of the worst announcers on TV right now
    F[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ckin' Joe Buck.......just thinking about him makes me cringe. Especially with Tim McCarver...hngnnnngn...

JVG - meh, too quirky sometimes for my taste
    Hubie Brown - great analyst, one of my favorite.. hall of fame coach as well, obviously knows what he's talking about all the time
    Mike Tirico - good delivery and good voice tone
    Mike Breen - same as tirico

At least one of the worst commentators is gone in Mark Jackson.. I hate all these gimmicky commentators who are only trying to come up with some famous one-liner that he can patent in the future.. like "there goes that man", or "hand down, man down".. those corny one-liners kill me every time, for **** sakes you played in the NBA for 14 seasons you couldn't come up with some more insightful commentary than that??

Oh and also I miss Bill Walton

TNT is infinitely superior to ESPN.

Also, that Mark Jones guy is the Joe Buck of basketball.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    JVG - meh, too quirky sometimes for my taste
    Hubie Brown - great analyst, one of my favorite.. hall of fame coach as well, obviously knows what he's talking about all the time
    Mike Tirico - good delivery and good voice tone
    Mike Breen - same as tirico

At least one of the worst commentators is gone in Mark Jackson.. I hate all these gimmicky commentators who are only trying to come up with some famous one-liner that he can patent in the future.. like "there goes that man", or "hand down, man down".. those corny one-liners kill me every time, for **** sakes you played in the NBA for 14 seasons you couldn't come up with some more insightful commentary than that??
    Like Bang. Bang. Bang.

man I love Hubie, JVG and Doris! they know their bball. I guess Im more in the minority

I hate Tirico tho

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    man I love Hubie, JVG and Doris! they know their bball. I guess Im more in the minority

I hate Tirico tho