Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default Gobb

There already was an asian gaurd in the NBA Yuta Tabuse, he played in a few regular season games with the suns, but decided to go to the NBDL instead of being stuck on the injured reserve. I thought Tabuse might join Nate Robinson and Earl Boykins as one of the small players in the NBA (Sub 5'10").

The guy who people are talking about is ChenJiangHua, good player, very fast, decent leaping ability.

Local High School Star

The song sucks. And the defense he is playing against is real bad. Only play that I found impressive was that lookaway pass.

The song sucks. And the defense he is playing against is real bad. Only play that I found impressive was that lookaway pass
    Well I wanted to give GOBB a chance to form his own impression.....

Now me personally I think he is a decent college prospect but would be basically crap in the NBA. His best attributes are his speed/quickness, ball handling and general smoothness. His negatives are that his motion looks a little awkward on his jumper, he can't finish with his off hand, and he is very skinny. But I wouldn't write him off, Barbosa probably looked like a floor-bound, undersized, awkward shooting gaurd, with an unpolished game, but he turned out to be an effective NBA player.

Local High School Star

I'm not saying he couldn't be decent in the NBA. But he wouldn't be given that much room on every play. A lot of those highlights he just gets into the lane at will and the defense reacts so slow. His handle is decent though. He might be a good drive and kick type off the bench, but nothing more.

Local High School Star

great thread:rollingeyes: will girls ever play in the nba too?????

I rule the local playground PureElement's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mhg88
    I'm not saying he couldn't be decent in the NBA. But he wouldn't be given that much room on every play. A lot of those highlights he just gets into the lane at will and the defense reacts so slow. His handle is decent though. He might be a good drive and kick type off the bench, but nothing more.
    Hes just 17 right now, and from what I saw in his game against the US, he seem to have alot of room to grow. We can't say hes a bust or a stud for the NBA until hes at least 20.

Well it is very hard to judge a player against competition that crappy, especially when it comes to the NBA.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by PureElement
    Hes just 17 right now, and from what I saw in his game against the US, he seem to have alot of room to grow. We can't say hes a bust or a stud for the NBA until hes at least 20.
    My bad, I didn't realize he was that young. He's got a lot of time to improve.

Well just remember the NBA is no joke, if you are as small as he is (6'1") you have to be unbelievably good to be successfull in the NBA.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
    Well just remember the NBA is no joke, if you are as small as he is (6'1") you have to be unbelievably good to be successfull in the NBA.
    That's a good point. He has the time to improve, but I think the real question is can he improve if he continues to play against players that bad?

That's a good point. He has the time to improve, but I think the real question is can he improve if he continues to play against players that bad?
    Agreed. Getting out of China is imperative if he wants to make the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
    great thread:rollingeyes: will girls ever play in the nba too?????
    Diana Taurasi?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    We got big men, but as far as guards? Zilch. Think one tried for the Clippers and didnt make the team. Can you see an asian guard representing the National Basketball Association?

I think Yuta Tabuse played some games.

Cool jeyea

chen jiang hua started for the chinese national team i believe even caught coach K's eye. after the US played China, coach K half jokingly said something like "he's only 17? we could use a point like that at Duke, what are his grades like?"