Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chamberlain trying to beat the shotclock! (video)

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVcSndz52DE

This from a 6-1 guard and going against a player in his absolute prime.

And they called him a defensive anchor.
    KJ could prolly do that to wilt 5x You're just grasping straws lauber man

NBA rookie of the year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVcSndz52DE

This from a 6-1 guard and going against a player in his absolute prime.

And they called him a defensive anchor.
    Yeah, that's a sick dunk, one of the best dunks of all-time.
    KJ and Hakeem were cool, both punked each other and played their hearts out against each other in the playoffs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS25dibHOR0

By the way, what has that clip with this thread to do?

And too bad that there were no athletic 6-1 guards back then who could dunk like KJ, let alone do a left handed lay-up..

And while we're at it;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITxDdnzpnU8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN7fndDd0B4

And they called him a "great scorer"... Who couldn't score in the playoffs or make FT's..

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Kobe must have copied his shot selection
    WILT is the GOAT if I were to believe JLAUBER. KOBE confirmed for #2.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by scandisk_
    KJ could prolly do that to wilt 5x You're just grasping straws lauber man
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVDzzxVE34k

NBA rookie of the year

Mention one point guard from Wilt's era that could dunk like KJ, I got the answer; ZERO.

The guards back then barely could finish a left handed lay-up..

Don't be mean to Jlauber. Old people deserve our respect.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Mention one point guard from Wilt's era that could dunk like KJ, I got the answer; ZERO.

That era is below the rim era. Wilt dominated the regular season because of his athleticism and choked when it matters because of lack of heart. All those game 7 loses piled up.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    Don't be mean to Jlauber. Old people deserve our respect.
    I'm not mean, I just thought the clip was hilarious.

Don't know why Jlauber have to defend Wilt 24/7, I didn't write anything negative about him, I only posted a clip of him.

And then he tries to make a pathtic comeback, he posted a clip where Hakeem got dunked on. He knows that my favorite player is Hakeem and the pathetic guy got butthurt over this thread so he had to come with a lame comeback..

Yeah, Jlauber, I'm so sad now..

Still, don't be mean to the elderly, they don't have all their head you know.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by millwad

Calvin Murphy for ONE...

http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/ind...did_one_g.html

Facts are facts, and the fact is that prior to Wednesday night's 107-100 defeat at the hands of those Massachusetts Minutemen, the Syracuse University basketball team had not scored 100 points and lost, in regulation, since 1968 when the Purple Eagles of Niagara rolled the Orangemen, 118-110, out there in western New York.
    And the culprit on that evening nearly 40 years ago was Calvin Murphy, who stood 5-foot-9, weighed 165 pounds . . . and dropped 68 points on the SU club that ended up driving home agog. This, back in the day where there was no three-point arc.

Now, a whole lot of younger folks may know Murphy only because of the news, revealed fairly recently, that he has fathered 14 children with nine different women, which is so gruesomely irresponsible that it deserves not the slightest of silly jokes here or anywhere.

But, wow, that man -- who might still be the quickest guy to ever lace on sneakers -- could play basketball. And, oh, did he burn the Orangemen on Dec. 7, 1968.

For the record, Murphy, a junior, was 24-of-46 from the field and 20-of-23 from the foul line that night before 3,200 worshippers at Niagara's tiny Student Center. And he grabbed six rebounds, too. And he handed off for six assists on top of everything else. And, yes, he dazzled as nobody ever could.

"When I was on the freshman team and Dave Bing was a senior, I'd take 30-second showers so I could get out there watch him play," Bob Kouwe, a former Syracuse player, told me back in 2003 while I was putting together my little tome, Tales from the Syracuse Hardwood: A Collection of the Greatest Stories Ever Told. "That's how great I think Bing was. But as great as he was -- and I guarded him a lot in practice, so I know Dave Bing was absolutely great -- watching him play was nothing, and I mean nothing, compared to watching Calvin Murphy play."

More from Kouwe, who was in an SU uniform on that wild evening when Murphy buried his 68? Here it is:

"We had Ernie Austin guard him. We had John Suder guard him. We had Ray Balukas guard him. I guarded him. But there was no way. None. He was the fastest human being you've ever seen. He could run faster dribbling than anybody could run without a ball, and he never mis-dribbled. So how do you cover that?

"We picked him up as soon as he crossed center court. We tried a box-and-one. We double-teamed him. We tripled-teamed him. We'd play defense on him when we had the ball on the offensive end, and I'm serious about that. But it was fruitless. There was no playing Calvin Murphy. It was a total loss even trying.

"You know what we were? We were amazed. Me, especially. There were three or four times when I was all over him. I mean, he'd go up for a 25- or 30-foot jumper and I'd be blanketing him, with a hand in his face. And he just jumped straight up into the air, as high as he needed to go, and let fly with the most beautiful floaters you can imagine. And he hit nothing but net. I thought I did a pretty good job on Calvin that night. I really did. And he went for 68.

"He could run. He could dunk two-handed behind his head. He could shoot. And the fans would go absolutely wild. I mean, they were crazy for him."

I remember asking Bob how many points Murphy would have scored on that magical evening if there had been a three-point line . . . and he hesitated not at all.

"Eighty," he said. "Easy. I kid you not. Eighty."

Think about that.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    That era is below the rim era. Wilt dominated the regular season because of his athleticism and choked when it matters because of lack of heart. All those game 7 loses piled up.
    Yes, obviously.

But a guy like Wilt would be great in any era but I couldn't care less about his stats and stuff, especially when it comes to rebounding and blocks. He played in an era where the players shot with horrible FG% and at a much higher pace which leads to a hell alot more rebounds. And especially when the guards and the forwards were way less athletic which lead to the centers grabbing them all, especially if you were as athletic and tall as Wilt.

And blocks, only clowns would mention that Russell and Wilt blocked more shots than modern era big guys. As you said, people played under the rim and shit looked like this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hepObDB6zEs

Good college starter

This a hearsay I want to see highlights where point guards are dunking on that era.

NBA rookie of the year

Mentioning Calvin Murphy makes you an instant retard, go and find one in game dunk by Calvin Murphy where he posterized someone. Or let alone a dunk to start with.

Earl MANIGAULT could do things NO OTHER players could do. Like routinely touching the top of the backboard to get money. He could def dunk.

The guy was also better than Wilt and the true GOAT of that era (just ask KAJ).

I made a beautiful thread about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas

Jordan must have copied the move at 1:59.
    yeah a beautiful move by the stilt, love how he faded away.