Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    KIWI
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7
    Win another ring? Pretend to be humble and less arrogant? Do more more commericals with NBA legends?

Kobe used to get just as much calls as anyone in the league but compared to Wade, he's almost a scrub in the respect he gets from the refs.
    so what your saying is its ok to get special treatment from the refs just as long as its kobe not wade

I don't get picked last at the park anymore 24/7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shok
    Drive to the basket with utmost power and speed that leaves defenders on their heels. Thats what Kobe needs to do to get calls like Wade.
    He got smashed and hacked by Zo and Haslem a bunch of times during the game while Wade got these calls for the most of the game. If he's not getting the calls are you saying he should attack the rim and risk getting hacked w/o the benefit of the call and probably causing a TO?

Wade is just not getting calls at the rim, he's getting calls out on the perimeter and getting away with fouls on the defensive end. Why should he be any different than any other aggressive all-star guard or swing man, let alone one with 3 rings under his belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Hmmm...attack the rim more?

You do realize that Kobe averaged the same # of FTs as Wade last season? And he's averaging 9+ this season despite hardly being much of a slasher.
    Bryant did shoot 27.2 times a game, and Wade, 18.8...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Hmmm...attack the rim more?

You do realize that Kobe averaged the same # of FTs as Wade last season? And he's averaging 9+ this season despite hardly being much of a slasher.

Refs are treating Kobe as well as they're treating Wade.
    kobe gets fouls because people are SOOOO scared of his pull up jumpers, but the thing is when he drives he doesnt get the calls wade does. I dont wont the number of calls to change but i want him to get for example that call where mourning hit him going to the basket. So next time Mourning will guard him different and not go for the swipe.

People are scared to touch wade out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7
    Win another ring? Pretend to be humble and less arrogant? Do more more commericals with NBA legends?

Kobe used to get just as much calls as anyone in the league but compared to Wade, he's almost a scrub in the respect he gets from the refs.
    How about not yelling "HEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" after every damn shot?

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    If you saw the game, then you saw him not getting any calls when driving, with Wade getting almost all of them driving. So then your logic of "kobe drives more = kobe shoots more ft's" goes down the toilet. You cant say he simply needs to drive "more". If he's not getting the foul calls, he's not getting them.
    Because your image is not built on one game only. It is being built through lots of games. If Kobe decided to take it to the rim 15 times each game, a week from now he'd be shooting 15 FTs.

The only problem is that we saw it last year and we know where it leads us Lakers fans. I have no problem with the way Bryant is playing now. It is smart basketball most of the time. He played well enough, his team won... what else do we need, really?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore 24/7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    How about not yelling "HEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" after every damn shot?
    You never know. Maybe they are tired of hearing that sh!t.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Laker Logic's Avatar

The no-calls he gets when driving can't be any encouragement to drive to the basket - what is the payoff? He gets hacked, refs swallow their whistles and it's a turnover or missed shot and probable possession for the other team. People say he relies too much on the jumper, but at times it seems like he's more likely to draw a foul on a jumper than a contested drive to the hoop.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    Because your image is not built on one game only. It is being built through lots of games. If Kobe decided to take it to the rim 15 times each game, a week from now he'd be shooting 15 FTs.

The only problem is that we saw it last year and we know where it leads us Lakers fans. I have no problem with the way Bryant is playing now. It is smart basketball most of the time. He played well enough, his team won... what else do we need, really?
    Thats bs. There have been numerous games where Kobe has relentelessly attacked to no avail, both this year and last. And what if he did? At what point do you stop and realize that its not working? Do you keep on driving into people knowing its going to result in a TO, a miss, or a charge because a call was not made? At some point you have to stop that because its less productive than simply shooting a jumper.

Not only that, but he gets hacked outside the paint as well and receives less calls than guys like Wade get outside the paint. Or at least, less questionable ones. The refs have simply decided who is going to get calls, and who isnt.

Guys, we have a 25-13 record with this approach. All that with Lamar and Mihm being out. It's good enough. None of us befire the season would have thought we'd have such a good record w/o those two players.

Wade is getting more FTs. Yep. Some of that is deserved some of that is not. However, Lakers won tonight. That's the bottom line for me.

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    Thats bs. There have been numerous games where Kobe has relentelessly attacked to no avail, both this year and last. Not only that, but he gets hacked outside the paint as well and receives less calls than guys like Wade get outside the paint. Or at least, less questionable ones. The refs have simply decided who is going to get calls, and who isnt.
    OK.

If you feel like whining after a good game having been won, I'll let you whine. I'll take a 25-13 record and Bryant playing smart basketball out there.

Get off of Wade's nuts . . but then again, I doubt people ever will. Wade slashes almost 90% of the time he virtually gets the ball from what I've seen and is a PURE slasher, where as Kobe is a mix of a chucker and a slasher as he chucks more often then he slashes. Slashing gets you more to the line then chucking, if you don't know it, you don't know basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWI BOY
    so what your saying is its ok to get special treatment from the refs just as long as its kobe not wade
    Hehe just had to, their KLF's, what do you expect?
    Last edited by qrich; 01-16-2007 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Get off of Wade's nuts . . but then again, I doubt people ever will. Wade slashes almost 90% of the time he virtually gets the ball from what I've seen and is a PURE slasher, where as Kobe is a mix of a chucker and a slasher as he chucks more often then he slashes. Slashing gets you more to the line then chucking, if you don't know it, you don't know basketball.
    I think that people are complaining about this game specifically. I don't think D. Wade got too many freethrows that he didn't deserve. People seemed to be more upset with the fact that Bryant made his way to the rim and didn't get many of the calls that he seemingly should have gotten. It makes no sense to continue driving and forcing the issue only to turn the ball over and give the opposing team a fast break.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    OK.

If you feel like whining after a good game having been won, I'll let you whine. I'll take a 25-13 record and Bryant playing smart basketball out there.

Wow. You dont get it do you? Kobe getting raped on calls is something that has been going on for a long time. Not just tonight. Tonight was just another example. I'm pleased with the win, but the continuing trend is something that should bother ANY laker fan regardless of whether we win a game or not. If its continuing, its going to happen again, and might be the reason we lose a game. The fact that there are players like Wade getting a fair/more than fair shake from the refs while Kobe gets hacked to death is disturbing at any point in the season, win streak or loss streak. You dont care about that?