Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast

Default Re: Derrick Rose:"Why can't i be MVP?"

@ thread.

Yeah this year is a bit of Rose winning MVP by default due to no one else really stepping up, but the points the Bulls fans make here in the last couple of pages are all valid, so all things considered he does deserve it, some people have just taken the position he doesn't and they can't let go of it.

If you think he doesn't deserve it, make a firm case for why someone else deserves it more? (based on this season alone and not 'reputation' built up over previous seasons).

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    No, it won't. Only haters like you think that.

I usually hit open layups jn2rons's Avatar

Should Pin this and put a disclaimer 1st post.

Something like... Don't post nonsensical shyt, just to increase your post count, when you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you're talking about. Your post will be pulled from the grips of the Kracken, and you will be at, to no ends!!

N this is why they play the games!!

Great friggin thread - Would def read again

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    I just don't feel comfortable if Rose won the MVP this season. One could almost say, a guy's first breakout year and he wins the MVP? Seriously? I know the Bulls have absolutely blown everybody away with their expectations, but then so did the Spurs. Almost feels like COY debacles, a team does fairly well one year, and suddenly the coach is the COY. And neither, I don't think, is he the best player in the league (although of course that has almost never been a measure for MVP candidacy). It is just troubling that if Rose does win it, then he has the same number of MVPs as Shaquille, Kobe, Hakeem, Garnett, Barkely, M Malone, Iverson. He may well achieve greatness like all those other players, but I still have a nagging doubt.
    tell me what does a pg need to do to win your heart? 30/14? I mean really, dude is averaging 25/8/4 and has the 1st seed. he's not only scoring but is the only player who can create on the perimeter for himself and teammates. what more do you want?

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJoker23

Yep, you mad.

That's Finals MVP to you buddy.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clocian-IGN
    tell me what does a pg need to do to win your heart? 30/14? I mean really, dude is averaging 25/8/4 and has the 1st seed. he's not only scoring but is the only player who can create on the perimeter for himself and teammates. what more do you want?
    For Rose to do his taxes for him too.

Rose wanted the MVP and he got it, lets see if he wants the title as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    I just don't feel comfortable if Rose won the MVP this season. One could almost say, a guy's first breakout year and he wins the MVP? Seriously? I know the Bulls have absolutely blown everybody away with their expectations, but then so did the Spurs. Almost feels like COY debacles, a team does fairly well one year, and suddenly the coach is the COY. And neither, I don't think, is he the best player in the league (although of course that has almost never been a measure for MVP candidacy). It is just troubling that if Rose does win it, then he has the same number of MVPs as Shaquille, Kobe, Hakeem, Garnett, Barkely, M Malone, Iverson. He may well achieve greatness like all those other players, but I still have a nagging doubt.
    well this is only his 3rd season so its not like Rose have no chance to retire with a better career than KG, Barkley, Iverson ect. I would pick Rose over guys like Iverson and Nash anyway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    That's not something he can control as much by himself as the MVP though, I doubt Rose will disappear in the playoffs, I fear for Deng and Boozer though

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    That's not something he can control as much by himself as the MVP though, I doubt Rose will disappear in the playoffs, I fear for Deng and Boozer though
    My point was that his play will show his determinism toward his goal.

Banned

My point was that his play will show his determinism toward his goal.
    Oh Rose will go all out in the playoffs, no doubt in my mind.

not implying anything but Rose has already said on ESPN Radio 1000 a couple of weeks back

"Why can't we win a Championship?"

[COLOR="Gray"]for the record, i think we don't have a good shot at winning it all this year. but in the playoffs anything can happen. [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkrage
    not implying anything but Rose has already said on ESPN Radio 1000 a couple of weeks back

"Why can't we win a Championship?"

[COLOR="Gray"]for the record, i think we don't have a good shot at winning it all this year. but in the playoffs anything can happen. [/COLOR]
    We all know he wants the title who does not, so far he has put action behind his words (To become MVP) thus we could look forward to an exciting playoffs from him.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJoker23

IDK why are y'all repeating yourself over and over again posting same bullshit. Why don't you post us one faul which was called without reason? Because every ****ing foul on Wade was legit and some were for techical. Everybody have their style of play. Wade's is attacking the basket. Thats why he is getting so much calls. Lebron same.

On other hand Kobe's is chocking in the finals and getting bailed out by his teammates. Wade is hitting his free throws at least in big games. Kobe's shots are all brick after brick after brick. IDK why are you mad bro over that?

about the 2006 Finals.

What happened to Dirk?

22.8ppg on 39% shooting?

The Heat won because the Heat best player played way better