Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

The world in Greece is that Mark Cuban is interested in buying Euroleague champions Panathinaikos Athens. The club is up for sale and the asking price is said to be between $150 million - $200 million.

Panathinaikos has a yearly budget of $45 million, which is the same as what the new max NBA budgets will be supposedly under the new CBA. Panathinaikos plays in a 19,000+ seat arena.

The word is that if Cuban buys Panathinaikos and there is an NBA lockout, that Dirk Nowitzki would play with Panathinaikos during the NBA lockout.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-16-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Default Re: Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

bullshit

Default Re: Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

nolinksyo

I rule the local playground

150 - 200 million is too much (I'd say 100 should be it), but generally, I think that basketball has a lot of potential and it would absolutely make sense for an NBA owner to invest there:
    - there's still a lot of untapped potential for basketball in Europe. From a business standpoint, there's probably more room for growth than in the NBA
    - Euroleage team could be used as an improved D-League team to bring young and promising players up to speed while at the same time being able to generate hype in Europe
    - The lockout would be the perfect moment to start it, an NBA owner could at the same time generate hype for the bought club by playing his NBA team there and prepare the NBA team for the rest of the lockout season in the NBA, giving his team a headstart
    - Cuban would probably be the right guy to do it.

Cons:
    - Greeces economy is faltering, so this might pose serious business problems for the next years

Banned

Word on the streets in Europe is that EuroLeague talks out of his ass. Paris is buzzing with the rumour that it happens quite a lot and in Rome they whisper it's nothing to be surprised with.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapallaz
    Word on the streets in Europe is that EuroLeague talks out of his ass. Paris is buzzing with the rumour that it happens quite a lot and in Rome they whisper it's nothing to be surprised with.

Lmao

Euroleague is an idiot who's never seen Panathinaikos play.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    The world in Greece is that Mark Cuban is interested in buying Euroleague champions Panathinaikos Athens. The club is up for sale and the asking price is said to be between $150 million - $200 million.

Panathinaikos has a yearly budget of $45 million, which is the same as what the new max NBA budgets will be supposedly under the new CBA. Panathinaikos plays in a 19,000+ seat arena.

The word is that if Cuban buys Panathinaikos and there is an NBA lockout, that Dirk Nowitzki would play with Panathinaikos during the NBA lockout.
    The Euroleague is beneath Dirk. If you are going to pull shit out of your ass, at least make it semi realistic.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The Euroleague is beneath Dirk. If you are going to pull shit out of your ass, at least make it semi realistic.
    Word

Quote Originally Posted by brain drain
    150 - 200 million is too much (I'd say 100 should be it), but generally, I think that basketball has a lot of potential and it would absolutely make sense for an NBA owner to invest there:
    - there's still a lot of untapped potential for basketball in Europe. From a business standpoint, there's probably more room for growth than in the NBA
    - Euroleage team could be used as an improved D-League team to bring young and promising players up to speed while at the same time being able to generate hype in Europe
    - The lockout would be the perfect moment to start it, an NBA owner could at the same time generate hype for the bought club by playing his NBA team there and prepare the NBA team for the rest of the lockout season in the NBA, giving his team a headstart
    - Cuban would probably be the right guy to do it.

Cons:
    - Greeces economy is faltering, so this might pose serious business problems for the next years
    Panathinaikos B.C. already has yearly revenues of $21 million.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Dirk already said he will play in Euroleague if there is a lockout, and his preference is either Panathinaikos, Brose, or Berlin.

Root Of All Evil

Dirk already said he will play in Euroleague if there is a lockout, and his preference is either Panathinaikos, Brose, or Berlin.
    Linksyo?

Good High School Starter

is galis better than mj?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJoker23
    is galis better than mj?
    Hell Yeah

Banned

adkafsfsg#@$@%^%*(

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJoker23
    is galis better than mj?
    Galis scored 50 on MJ that one time they played each other.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-16-2011 at 02:17 PM.