Page 128 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2878118125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 1937
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

The ACC (finally) has a grant of media rights agreement. That means if any team leaves the conference they forfeit all their TV money to the ACC until the ACC's current TV deal ends, which is in 2026/7.

The SEC's the only major conference w/o a media rights agreement, and they also have no exit fee. But who the hell's leaving the SEC?

So that probably ends the expansion, with the major conferences anyway.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

im going to post some comments on the hoop summit. there's probably a few things from the first i'll miss on saying but from 8:10 in to the second quarter i'll say what i can. i'm on a 480p version so it's a little bit annoying but the quality is still good enough.

- #7 from usa (i think its a harrison) had some really bad touches with the ball. just sloppy play, mis-timed, unimpressive.

- aussie on the world is super impressive so far.

- parker hit the tough leaner then hustled for that steal. that's some impressive play, really like it.

- #4 on the world does a great job attacking the basket.

- yeah, #7 is a harrison. good job on his attacking play but his feel for the ball just seems really off to me. not to mention his ability to include his teammates. also, his facial expressions are a combo of westbrook-ray allen

- towns is uuuuuuuuuuuugggggglyyyyyyyyy. he better be happy he has good game.

- parker impressed me more than wiggins in the first half but i really like wiggins moves to the basket.

- ok #7 harrison has such a carry handle on the ball. i hate how i couldnt do that in my high school game but these guys can.

- the world team is so much more impressive as a team than the usa. especially on the glass.

- jean-charles stock must have flown up due to this game. scouts gotta drool over the play he's exhibiting so far.

- randle has the face of zach randolph and i like his play.

- lebron getting out of the way of randle that pass was great from parker.

- this will be my last point saying something about #7 harrison. this guy is going to excel in the nba because hes already getting stupid late whistles in hs

- australia just shot one of those threes when you pick it up low off of a bad pass. thats one of those shots i really do not like.

- im going to mention this now because i just remembered it, but wiggins courtside interview was hilarious. he was barely paying attention.

- usa's run is great here in the third. where my wiggins?! oh he just got subbed in, haha.

- yeah ok wiggins will need to learn to stop taking those threes until that shot gets better.

- hahaaahahahahaaah wow the us just gave up 3 fastbreak baskets... boy oh boy that was sloppy

- wiggins popping pills off the bench.

- i love how the world's play evolves whether wiggins is on the floor or not.

- i'm pretty sure its jean-charles who yells "NO" when going up for the block. whoever it is is fcking awesome.

- how is gordon the #4? i mean its the only game i've ever seen of him minus some sporadic highlights, but he looks pretty one-dimensional out there. probably just a bad game, foul trouble and all.

-wiiiggiiinnnsssss stop shooting threeeessssss. also 5:30 left in the 4th how does he end with what? 20 points? feels like he only has 10 right now but I think he has a little more.

- i might as well make another one-game statement. parker has...well the little pop-up from espn just said it. versatile game. seeing that he is 6-17 from the floor at this point actually surprises me. feels like he's played a lot better...anyways, my one-game statement is he'll have a better college career than wiggins. maybe not in terms of winning if wiggins goes UK.

ok theres about a minute left i dont think theres much left to say.

oh heres the link by the way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtrJ3kWJVz0

I didn't understand why Wiggins was shooting so many 3s either. He never plays like that... There's a shot chart of an aau game where he went about 14-18 from the field and nearly every single dot was right next to the rim. That's typically his game.

edit: I found it...
    https://twitter.com/DaveTelep/status...523904/photo/1

I think he was trying to prove he could shoot the treys. All he did was show he needs to work on his jumper.

Disappointingly, I also like Parker's game. He's going to wreck havoc as a stretch 4 in college. imo, he and Randle are going to battle for best productive frosh status next season.

Box score:
    http://www.usabasketball.com/misc/13_hsum_box_score.pdf

---

There's a Lenny Cooke documentary coming out that looks interesting.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne61w4R20QE

If you don't remember him, he was the next proclaimed basketball prodigy. Listened to the wrong people, couldn't play high school ball his senior because of it, didn't have the grades for college, went undrafted back when you could forgo college, and the rest is history.

He actually played a large part in putting LeBron on the map. They matched up at the old ABCD camp and at the time LeBron was an up and coming soph (or junior) with hype surrounding him, but Cooke was the guy with all the hype. iirc, LeBron beat his ass in their matchup, hit the game winner, and then the massive Bron hype train began rolling.

That's back when I first started following recruiting. Watched Cooke play at the TOC and he looked like an NBA player. In the same tournament Raymond Felton played one of the best performances I have ever seen a high school player play in my life. Maybe the best. He was unreal back in the day.

A trip down memory lane:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...30/brick_0530/

In fact, one of the most exciting games we've ever seen was the pool play matchup of Beach Ball Select, whose only other strong prospect (besides Felton) was 6-10 Florence (S.C.) Wilson sophomore C/PF Major Wingate, and the Raleigh (N.C.) Heat.

The Heat included not only 6-9 1/2 junior PF Shavlik Randolph (one of the nation's best six or seven prospects in the class of 2002) from Broughton High in Raleigh, but also touted junior imports 6-5 WG J.J. Redick of Roanoke (Va.) Cave Spring; 6-6 swing bomber Matt Walsh (committed to Florida) of Fort Washington (Pa.) Germantown Academy; and somewhat overrated 6-10 C Michael Thompson (who plans to join Redick at Duke) of New Lenox (Ill.) Providence Catholic; plus high-Division I-caliber in-state juniors Eric Williams (6-9, 305-pound C) of Wake Forest-Rolesville High and 6-2 combo guard Shawan Robinson of Leesville Road High in Raleigh. This was truly a David vs. Goliath battle, and if you know anything about the Bible, you know who won!

As sharp-shooting Redick (who wound up with 38 points) scored virtually at will, Beach Ball Select fell far behind early (as it did in all of its five games) but rallied from 17 points down to win 99-96 in overtime, thanks to ultra-quick Felton's clutch heroics and 45 points. You had to see it to believe it. Felton, who says his early commitment to North Carolina is 100 percent firm, drilled a contested 3-pointer in the final couple seconds of regulation to tie the game, and he mesmerized both the Chapel Hill crowd (at UNC's Dean Smith C) and the Heat with the game on the line. Note that a few hours later, in the playoff quarterfinals and Felton's third game of the day, he tallied merely 41 points to lead his team to a thrilling, come-from-behind 72-65 victory over an extremely athletic Grassroots Canada team from the Toronto area. Whew!
    Been my favorite player ever since.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 04-23-2013 at 12:52 AM.

you could tell his game was around the rim with the slashes to the basket he made. it's a shame they didn't really fall early on then he stopped going to it.

Dennis Schroeder was the player that BY FAR surprised me the most. Apparently he declared for the draft this year. He's going to be an absolute steal in the late first round, i like the commentator's comparison a lot, like a young Rondo, but he already has a consistent shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    Dennis Schroeder was the player that BY FAR surprised me the most. Apparently he declared for the draft this year. He's going to be an absolute steal in the late first round, i like the commentator's comparison a lot, like a young Rondo, but he already has a consistent shot.
    Just watched the first 10-15 minutes of the Hoops Summit and he looks really good. I kinda hope he falls to the Spurs in the draft and replaces Tony Parker for the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    yeah he seems like a total sleeper in this class. his play was really impressive and he stood out as a guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Just watched the first 10-15 minutes of the Hoops Summit and he looks really good. I kinda hope he falls to the Spurs in the draft and replaces Tony Parker for the next decade.
    he's the exact kind of player the Spurs would go for. He is comparable to Parker as well, having played professionally already.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    yeah he seems like a total sleeper in this class. his play was really impressive and he stood out as a guard.
    yea when the commentator said he declared I was skeptical but he was literally getting by people fairly easy, even when they put a bigger guy on him (Rondae Jefferson, considered a top defender in 2013) he was still able to get by off the bounce. He has that change of speed dribble all the great PG's in the game have.

I really liked Dante Exum. He's really raw but he he has a RIDICULOUS first step. He turns the corner so quickly for a guy his size and he's only 17. Heard he's going to play NCAA ball in 2014-15, and spend a year working on his game. He could be special, reminds me of Nic Batum.

Anyone seen this? Pretty fun. I think there's some Cuse fans on here too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=tqWczarbMyU#!

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Florida is coming to UConn next year, should be a premier matchup between two top 10 teams.

"AAU coach: I took money to steer Ben McLemore"
    http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2131775

Didn't read yet.

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory

Didn't read yet.
    to the NBA Draft and an agent

It's not good, but I doubt KU gets in much trouble, if any. I think it's useful, however, to consider the reaction this would get if it had been, say, Nerlens Noel.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2131775

Didn't read yet.
    Ban OSU from all post season play. Punish the entire team and staff

Quote Originally Posted by ukfan22
    to the NBA Draft and an agent

It's not good, but I doubt KU gets in much trouble, if any. I think it's useful, however, to consider the reaction this would get if it had been, say, Nerlens Noel.
    Well you'd have to consider the context. Self has been relatively clean his entire career and then there is Calipari. The reaction would have been justified because of what has happened in the past.

Nothing in the article says that KU's basketball program had anything to do with it. McLemore did not get any money and neither did his family. It was his AAU coach who got everything. You can't possibly think this is the same as, say, paying a student to do all of your star players homework/exams.