Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Chris Andersen suspended for game 6

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but...

I agree that Birdman should have been tossed, and that he was the only player deserving of a tech (or worse).

So, I love that Stern/NBA admitted that... but for suspending him for Game 6, I only agree with that if they would have suspended him even if he had been ejected, and not as a retroactive punishment because he was not ejected.

Default Re: Chris Andersen suspended for Game 6

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    A travesty! Absolute disgrace!

Isn't that what people were saying when Nazr was thrown out? Why the change now?

LOL.
    Well, Anderson's was worse, it was a blind-side, unexpected body slam. Nazi's was a face to face shove that LeBron threw himself back on to make it look more dramatic. Also, Anderson then also did a shove as hard as Nazi's after Hansbrough got up, and then resisted being pulled away, aka continued to escalate the situation.

So Anderson's wasn't comparable to Mohammad's , it was much worse in 3 different areas.
    Last edited by Grey Dawn; 06-01-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    A travesty! Absolute disgrace!

Isn't that what people were saying when Nazr was thrown out? Why the change now?

LOL.
    Because the precedent has already been set, f@ggot.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I haven't heard it mentioned..

But why is no one considering birdman past history? Guy was almost kicked out of the league at one point. Guys a delinquent. He'd be in prison repping aryan brotherhood if not for ball.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    I haven't heard it mentioned..

But why is no one considering birdman past history? Guy was almost kicked out of the league at one point. Guys a delinquent. He'd be in prison repping aryan brotherhood if not for ball.
    In deciding suspensions it's on court history, not off. I don't think he has a history of on court incidents despite his incredibly ridiculous off court list.

He deserved the suspension. I'm currently watching ESPN and Stephen A Smith just said that he didn't deserve to be suspended but should've been ejected in game 5 but the refs blew the call. I think that just sounds retarded because if the refs blew the call and let him play the ENTIRE game 5 then its only right that he gets suspended for the ENTIRE game 6.

This incident was no different than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeOjQXS_ZaE

Bynum was immediately ejected and suspended a game on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    Fix is in.

The league wants a game 7
    Yep.
    The only hope is if Joel Anthony comes back from the missing.

I am going to enjoy some fadeaways by Joel

As Eric Reid would say, Joel has been working hard on his offensive moves.

Local High School Star

Should have been done during Game 5. Now that the Heats are one game ahead, the NBA corrects itself and want to seem like it's "fair."

Local High School Star Tmuston Beltics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Why do people care?

Indiana will obviously win game 6, and Miami will obviously win game 7. The NBA is more of a puppet show than it is a competitive league. Get with the program.
    yeah because Miami winning game 7 means the league is rigged and its just a big show

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    this is true though. Making this suspension will give heat fans something to say to support that they aren't helped by the refs, when it's actually determined to go down in 6 or 7 for the heat.

it's like free throw disparity. Give all the timely calls to heat to break pacer momentum or help heat, but give pacer unneeded calls to even out the numbers later.

Stern is a genius.
    Yep, because "the most stacked team in history" needs the refs to win a series in "the weak ass Eastern Conference" in 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit
    He deserved the suspension. I'm currently watching ESPN and Stephen A Smith just said that he didn't deserve to be suspended but should've been ejected in game 5 but the refs blew the call. I think that just sounds retarded because if the refs blew the call and let him play the ENTIRE game 5 then its only right that he gets suspended for the ENTIRE game 6.

This incident was no different than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeOjQXS_ZaE

Bynum was immediately ejected and suspended a game on top of that.
    funny thing, after that clash with tyler, birdman played very little, only 1 or 2 minutes i belive..........am i right ?

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    funny thing, after that clash with tyler, birdman played very little, only 1 or 2 minutes i belive..........am i right ?
    At the end of the day he was still qualified to play for the ENTIRE game 5, when he clearly shouldn't have been for his flagrant 2 foul on Hansbrough.

People are saying that if he was ejected right then and there then its okay to suspend him the next game, but since he wasn't ejected and the refs made a mistake by not doing so, then its wrong to suspend him for game 6?

We've seen this happen a million times where the refs miss a call or ejection, and then the league comes down the next day and hands out suspensions. its nothing new, get used to it people.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit
    At the end of the day he was still qualified to play for the ENTIRE game 5, when he clearly shouldn't have been for his flagrant 2 foul on Hansbrough.

People are saying that if he was ejected right then and there then its okay to suspend him the next game, but since he wasn't ejected and the refs made a mistake by not doing so, then its wrong to suspend him for game 6?

We've seen this happen a million times where the refs miss a call or ejection, and then the league comes down the next day and hands out suspensions. its nothing new, get used to it people.
    it really is lame......the league is basicly saying to those refs from thurdays game: " you did a bad job " ....pretty weak thing to do......the refs did rewiew the whole thing on video , if i remember correctly

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    it really is lame......the league is basicly saying to those refs from thurdays game: " you did a bad job " ....pretty weak thing to do......the refs did rewiew the whole thing on video , if i remember correctly
    Thats what amazes me. How did the review it and not upgrade it lol. He just came at him with a shoulder tackle! Hell the ball wasn't even near Hansbrough when it happened. If thats not a flagrant two then I don't know what is.