Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Gold is the best investment

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    Too short term focused son, Ron Pauls portfolio has performed well over the last 20 years. One year doesn't make or break investment strategies.

2007 says Hi.

Do you think buying mortgage backed securities is still a good strategy?

Too short term focused son, Ron Pauls portfolio has performed well over the last 20 years. One year doesn't make or break investment strategies.
    Yeah, we have been talking about Gold prices since 1983. Or a longer term than you mention.

Or we are talking about the past year when the OP gave very, very bad investment advice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    2007 says Hi.

Do you think buying mortgage backed securities is still a good strategy?
    I never have and never will. Not sure why you'd say that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Yeah, we have been talking about Gold prices since 1983. Or a longer term than you mention.

Or we are talking about the past year when the OP gave very, very bad investment advice.
    I was responding to your saying "It's one reason you don't take your investment advice fro Ron Paul." I find your need to insult political opponents at every opportunity (even when in no position to do so) very distasteful and unbecoming.

I was responding to your saying "It's one reason you don't take your investment advice fro Ron Paul." I find your need to insult political opponents at every opportunity (even when in no position to do so) very distasteful and unbecoming.
    Read the first post of this thread. The OP is saying gold is the best investment and the reasons he give are 100% political and matches up very well with the type of nonsense that Ron Paul regularly spews. People who followed that advice would have lost a lot of money.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by demons2005
    Everyone should buy gold. It has gone up 600% in the last 20 years. If you understand that our way of life is built on FAKE MONEY you understand the importance of gold. the government prints money out of thin air and your money will always lose value because they are just making as much as they want . You can bet as more and more people realize this they will buy gold which is not somethng the government can just print up. i know theres some ron paul people on this forum and though i disagree with him vehemently on social issues he is 100% right about gold.

again the price of gold has been only going up for the last twenty years and there is no reason for it to go back down because it is not fiat money. Also the eurozone crisis will probably send it soaring to record highs

disclosure: i bought gold

That 9.4% drop today was pretty heavy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Read the first post of this thread. The OP is saying gold is the best investment and the reasons he give are 100% political and matches up very well with the type of nonsense that Ron Paul regularly spews. People who followed that advice would have lost a lot of money.

There you go again, why do you have to do that? You are clearly a mature and intelligent adult, so why do you feel the need to insult people who simply have different ideals to you?

And for the record if those who've already bought gold continue to hold it, they could very well see a massive profit in the short term. You're dreaming if you think the bull run is over.
    Last edited by HarryCallahan; 04-16-2013 at 01:35 AM.

I think now is a good time to buy gold

National High School Star

There you go again, why do you have to do that? You are clearly a mature and intelligent adult, so why do you feel the need to insult people who simply have different ideals to you?
    It's to be expected. Why did I know that Sarcastic/KevinNYC would post about the gold movement during these last two days... because they have done it before and here I am on the forum tonight and that is exactly what happened... again.

Bumping a thread almost a year old too... jesus, just let it go.... who does that????

Most gold investors are still fine. The typical gold investor only has like, what, 10% of their portfolio at most in precious metals. I have even less. Even the biggest bulls like Peter Schiff only recommend a max of 15%. Guys like Ron Paul are fine. He was a doctor and congressman... and most importantly he is frugal and lives well within his means. He's pretty much set for life.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    It will go up again. Patience, people.

it was over inflated and a bubble ready to pop. called this a while ago(think it was another gold thread here) but it was so obvious with the gold craze and the country falling apart fear mongering from the right. every bubble that burst has always happened just like this based on a bandwagon that was too good to be true with gold values constantly rising. the more people going for it creates the over inflated hysteria that overvalues it, and it was definitely one of those obvious bubbles waiting to burst.

gold values might go back to their previous highs some day when there is mass hysteria and 'end of the America' outlook again but i don't see it happening anytime soon. i'd bet there is a small rebound spike, then it'll decline slowly. maybe i'm wrong but there is no way it was worth its stock price if not for the mass hysteria of the country falling apart or economy collapsing, which has calmed quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    I think now is a good time to buy gold
    Not yet, it's not. It's only Monday. You have a lot of passive investors who are going to come home and find out that gold is in the news and learn about the drop. In a few days, my guess will be a better time to buy.

But in general you right, buy on the drop not at the peak. That was OP's mistake.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by falc39
    It's to be expected. Why did I know that Sarcastic/KevinNYC would post about the gold movement during these last two days... because they have done it before and here I am on the forum tonight and that is exactly what happened... again.

Bumping a thread almost a year old too... jesus, just let it go.... who does that????

Most gold investors are still fine. The typical gold investor only has like, what, 10% of their portfolio at most in precious metals. I have even less. Even the biggest bulls like Peter Schiff only recommend a max of 15%. Guys like Ron Paul are fine. He was a doctor and congressman... and most importantly he is frugal and lives well within his means. He's pretty much set for life.
    Not to mention he is a highly sought after public speaker.

Gold bounced today. Up 2%

College star

NBA Superstar

gold investors are better off buying dredging equipment and mining it. anyone investing in gold these days is a late fad following fool.