Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore The Poet's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron James supports contraction of some NBA teams

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    They have a $hitty management. Do you think Kobe would have won an NBA title if he wasn't traded to the Lakers? Hell no. He's very lucky because he was given an opportunity to play for the Los Angeles Lakers. The Lakers signed Shaquille O'Neal in 1996, and Phil Jackson became their head coach after the 1999 NBA Season.

The rest is history.
    How many franchises are like the Lakers? You can't be expected to be gifted perfect scenarios all throughout your career or your life. You have to deserve to be given those situations. Why is everyone else expected to earn a winning team, but you think Kevin Love and Blake Griffin should be just given one? Sometimes life hands you a shitty pair of cards, you still have to make the most of it. And if your shitty pair of cards is playing for multi-millions of dollars and the sport you love, then quite frankly, it's not all that shitty at all.

Kevin Love, Brook Lopez, Blake Griffin, or whoever should do what most NBA legends had to do. Earn their respect. Earn their titles. Stop sympathizing for them. Nearly every legend had to go through shitty years, but earned their way. Love, Griffin, or whoever shouldn't be exempt from that.

Good High School Starter

Regardless whether LeBron is right or not, he needs to shut the f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck up and play ball.

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

Wow, just listening to LeBron, I suddenly see his vision when he went to Miami. He didn't run off to join another top 3 player, and a top 10, for an easy path to rings.

He did it for us.

What a classy guy.

Dolphins,Heat,Marlins SebasMiamiFan's Avatar

Default Re: For once , i agree with Lebron

I don't know about eliminating teams. With the right talent and coaching staff, any team can be competitive. Some teams are starting to build a solid foundation.

Banned

24 teams(12 each conference) with only 10-12(5-6 each conference) making it to the playoffs.

Use the 1st round-bye format for top teams in the playoffs like they did in the 70's. This way the regular season will mean something.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978_NBA_Playoffs
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1977_NBA_Playoffs
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_NBA_Playoffs

This would make the regular season games a lot more important if you can get a 1st round out of it by being one of the top teams.

There were 8 different champions in the 70's.

Getting rid of the clippers, kings etc will turn their best players, players that are all-star caliber players mind you, into role players, it will turn blake griffin into an offensive version of chris anderson. Or relegate starters into role players. Not cuz they're not good enough, but just cuz there's no room.

Look at it this way, if wade was drafted by the lakers and had to play behind kobe bryant, he'd never evolve into the player we have become accustomed to watching. How is that a good thing?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Getting rid of the clippers, kings etc will turn their best players, players that are all-star caliber players mind you, into role players, it will turn blake griffin into an offensive version of chris anderson. Or relegate starters into role players. Not cuz they're not good enough, but just cuz there's no room.

Look at it this way, if wade was drafted by the lakers and had to play behind kobe bryant, he'd never evolve into the player we have become accustomed to watching. How is that a good thing?
    Actually, that would be awesome. There will be less glorified regular season superstars in the league.
    T-Mac and Carter would have been 3rd option players during their prime if they were to play with other top superstars.

You will also eliminate questionable HOF-caliber players(two names I mentioned) who rack their stats on shitty teams.
    Last edited by DeronMillsap; 12-24-2010 at 01:18 AM.

I sort of agree with LeBron on this. On the other hand it puts a lot of people out of work.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls

I'm a 90s guy, but weren't hall of famers like Karl Malone and Charles Barkley not high draft picks? And look at Kobe, he came in playing for a championship caliber team. Guys like Wade would still succeed, and if not, that's just life, the quality of the league is more important than how beneficial it would be to some unproven guy.

In the long-run, the quality of the league is in the best interest of them all, Contract it.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

I agree with LeBron 100%. I've been saying the NBA should only have 24-26 teams for years.

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    Actually, that would be awesome. There will be less glorified regular season superstars in the league.
    T-Mac and Carter would have been 3rd option players during their prime if they were to play with other top superstars.

You will also eliminate questionable HOF-caliber players(two names I mentioned) who rack their stats on shitty teams.
    Ok why stop at 6 teams? Wouldn't the league be better if there were only 20? How bout 15? You see how that works?

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    I'm a 90s guy, but weren't hall of famers like Karl Malone and Charles Barkley not high draft picks? And look at Kobe, he came in playing for a championship caliber team. Guys like Wade would still succeed, and if not, that's just life, the quality of the league is more important than how beneficial it would be to some unproven guy.
    How is the quality of the league suffering? Even the clippers have 3 quality guys in griffin, gordon and kamen. And I don't understand the barkely and malone reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    I agree with LeBron 100%. I've been saying the NBA should only have 24-26 teams for years.
    Im curious as to how you arrive at 24-26?

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    24 teams(12 each conference) with only 10-12(5-6 each conference) making it to the playoffs.

Use the 1st round-bye format for top teams in the playoffs like they did in the 70's. This way the regular season will mean something.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978_NBA_Playoffs
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1977_NBA_Playoffs
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_NBA_Playoffs

This would make the regular season games a lot more important if you can get a 1st round out of it by being one of the top teams.

There were 8 different champions in the 70's.