Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Magic The Gathering

Does anyone play this game?

I haven't touched my deck in year and years since 4th edition. What are the top cards now?

Royal assassin? Hymn to tourach.

Default Re: Magic The Gathering

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
    Does anyone play this game?

I haven't touched my deck in year and years since 4th edition. What are the top cards now?

Royal assassin? Hymn to tourach.
    TMac has sprained eye.

I do been playin on and off for the last 15yrs. The expensive cards are now the dual lands and force of will and tarmogoyf. Theres a new set coming out next week to bad i cant play its going to be the first pre release i miss in i think 8 yrs

here is a forum for magic http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Quote Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
    I do been playin on and off for the last 15yrs. The expensive cards are now the dual lands and force of will and tarmogoyf. Theres a new set coming out next week to bad i cant play its going to be the first pre release i miss in i think 8 yrs

here is a forum for magic http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27
    how much is force of will, i actually still have that from wayyy back hiding somewhere in the basement lol

I actually got force of will and ritual of the machine in the same pack. i gave away ritual of the machine because i hated the picture lol. that really stung

Quote Originally Posted by falc39
    how much is force of will, i actually still have that from wayyy back hiding somewhere in the basement lol

I actually got force of will and ritual of the machine in the same pack. i gave away ritual of the machine because i hated the picture lol. that really stung
    This is a store price but its around 50-60

http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardd...?product=14451

dayam. my underground seas are 100 bucks. shit. i gotta look for it now.

My friend is currently ranked like 10th in the state of florida. I used to always kick his decks ass when he lived by me ;) But his decks are on another level now.

I hate the new cards. Way too powerful, and the colors seem to be losing their identity. Though, I'm sure people have been saying that about every new edition, even before I played..

Don't really play anymore. I still have my main deck, which is a white angel control deck. Mother of Runes and cho-manno's blessing make my Angels unblockable while defensive cards like Pacifism, Wrath of God, and Arrest keep the opponents creatures neutralized.

Not the most advanced and it does best against creature-based decks. Red burn decks for example give me trouble, because then my arrests and such become useless. Unless I got Story Circle out burn decks are def. a weakness

Wow..i just did a bit of searching and found out this deck called dredge that lets you play without using lands. thats amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    There is no way newer cards can be any powerful than certain old ones. Color identities are still about the same except during Time Spiral block.

If you like angels you are gonna love the new set, Avacyn Restored. There are shit loads of angels and demons.
    Yeah some of the old ones are ridiculous, no doubt about it. But just in general, a lot of the new combos just seem silly. And the new abilities. I don't follow MTG like that though so maybe I'm full of shit. In my experience I felt the cards were getting stronger and stronger.

Word, haven't checked out a new set in a WHILEEEEE.

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Yeah some of the old ones are ridiculous, no doubt about it. But just in general, a lot of the new combos just seem silly. And the new abilities. I don't follow MTG like that though so maybe I'm full of shit. In my experience I felt the cards were getting stronger and stronger.

Word, haven't checked out a new set in a WHILEEEEE.
    looks to me that "creatures" are getting stronger, but the spells got worse.

So they reprinted this new time walk card called temporal mastery. Wow. It will be pretty easy to use just when you top deck it.

Man these new decks is unaffordable.

I'm looking at these legacy decks and none of them are cheap. I have some of the older cards, hymn to tourach, dark ritual, underground sea.

Any deck i can make with that?

Yea ive been researching all day today.

I really like that deck called imperial painter. Lets you mill the opponent's entire deck.

but i can't find any cheap imperial recruiters.

My friend told me to build a maverick deck. but i dont' see whats so good about it. just a bunch of little creatures without anything thats cheating.

^^ That Angel of Hope card is nice, expensive but nice

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
    My friend told me to build a maverick deck. but i dont' see whats so good about it. just a bunch of little creatures without anything thats cheating.
    Mavericks the new aggro wg houee thqt replaced zoo in legacy yeah all legacy decks are not cheap excpt for the mentioned burn deck, seas are very sought after, you can also try building the red,blue and green or just play standard, problem with standard is tue constant upkeep cost unlike legacy whic is eternal