Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Will Dark Knight Rises break Avengers recently set box office record?

Thoughts? Just read this very interesting article/insight and got me thinking.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhugh...pening-record/

People are hyping up Avengers record but remember Dark Knight as article says is a much more mature film and parents are far less likely to let kids see it. Then you factor in that 3D was available for Avengers, which none of Batman movies offer. Both of which factor GREATLY into sales.

Think Rises can overcome lack of young kids+lack of 3D to re-set the record? I think it will break the record TBH. Mainly because I think hundreds of millions world wide missed DK in theaters only to hear hype and watch later, realizing it was one of the greatest movies of all time. They won't let that happen again. Everybody is going to see Dark Knight Rises.

BTW newest trailer looks A LOT better than other ones I saw. They may be using the camera angle trick for Bane because in one particular clip he looks a lot bigger than Christian Bale. If they can pull it off without CGI I'm all for it.

Default Re: Will Dark Knight Rises break Avengers recently set box office record?

Nope and I dare say it'll do slightly less than Dark Knight did. Doesn't have the big Heath Ledger/Joker hype going into it.

Default Re: Will Dark Knight Rises break Avengers recently set box office record?

I don't think it will break it. Avengers was helped by the fact that the international release was over a week before the US release, which meant that word about the Avengers could spread on the internet and on reviews everywhere, and so everybody in the US tried to go and see it on the weekend. The Dark Knight will be released on the same day everywhere.

And also repeat viewings.

yea, i don't see as many repeat viewings for dkr as there were for avengers. i'm sure dkr will be a great movie, but i doubt it will be as fun. it won't beat out the avengers.

I doubt it will break DK's records. Will be a good movie, but I know I'm not as excited for it. Second one was pretty ridiculous at the end anyway.

also, there's not nearly as much hype for this one as there was for tdk

Maybe Ann Hathaway can OD or something.

i think DKR has a good chance to beat the avengers, even without kids, parents and 3D. the batman films have an absolutely rabid fanbase, my friends have been talking up this movie in anticipation for years. if i had to guess, i expect more people will go see DKR than did avengers, and i expect DKR is more likely to attract repeat viewers. Also DKR has a better release date imo (july 20th is perfect blockbuster season)

There's no way it makes up 30 million, when it has half the hype of the 2nd one and a villian/actor that casuals will not get excited for. The internet and media in general was in a frenzy for months leading up to the release of DK due to Heath's death and his virtuoso performance as the Joker.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Maybe Ann Hathaway can OD or something.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Yes it will.

There's no way it makes up 30 million, when it has half the hype of the 2nd one and a villian/actor that casuals will not get excited for. The internet and media in general was in a frenzy for months leading up to the release of DK due to Heath's death and his virtuoso performance as the Joker.
    you may be right, i am definitely not an expert when it comes to predicting how a movie is going to do in the box office.

that said, from what i can tell, the hype for DKR is much greater than the hype for Avengers. no doubt heath was the reason that DK shot into the stratosphere. im thinking that due to the success of DK, and the sheer popularity of batman and power of the brand (look at the success of the batman video games), the next movie can kill at the box office without a masterpiece performance from a recently deceased actor.

Banned

I honestly don't see how it could. People of all ages loved Avengers, kids would probably fall asleep watching Dark Knight. Also, almost everyone I know went back to see Avengers a second time. I just don't think people will be that excited about TDK. There's no way Dark Knight rises even tops the first one.

I'm no expert either, but the current hype does not exceed the Avengers, it's not as kid friendly, and it's not 3d. I would be surprised if it beats DK's 172.

I mean, If DKR's hype is not as big as DK's hype, and Avengers crushed DK...

I'm no expert either, but the current hype does not exceed the Avengers, it's not as kid friendly, and it's not 3d. I would be surprised if it beats DK's 172.

I mean, If DKR's hype is not as big as DK's hype, and Avengers crushed DK...
    maybe its just where i live or the people i hang out with, but i have seen an insane amount of hype for DKR. thats the main reason I think it will come out on top in the first place, to me it seems hyped beyond belief and the batman brand is unstoppable.