Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Default Re: Oscars are an ass-kissing fest

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    You shut your mouth. That's the epitome of how you play a completely hammy role. Seriously, watch that movie and try and think of anyone else that could play Frank Slade and not just get laughed at.
    Who the **** is Frank Slade? Because I laughed at Pacino in Scent of a Woman. Why would I remember anyone's name in that movie.

Actually, I probably didn't laugh, I probably gritted my teeth.

The role is only hammy because Pacino played it that way and his director wasn't strong enough to stop him.

I got the visit the set of that movie and watch dailies. The guy who sold the Lamborghini's was terrible and kept blowing his lines and Pacino just told them to keep rolling and he just kept playing the scene with the guy over and over in one take until he got it right.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

ISH's Queen??

Oh the Bealsanity

Reporter: Tell me about the pieces your wearing.
    Jennifer Lawrence: What do you mean? Like... this is the top and this is the bottom.

Seems like a cool chick.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by GatorKid117
    Reporter: Tell me about the pieces your wearing.
    Jennifer Lawrence: What do you mean? Like... this is the top and this is the bottom.

Seems like a cool chick.
    This legit?

God she's so cute. So down to earth. I might have a legit crush.

Oh the Bealsanity

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    This legit?

God she's so cute. So down to earth. I might have a legit crush.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    You shut your mouth.

Still cant believe Leonardo DiCaprio never won an Oscar, he didnt even get nominated for his role in Django

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Why are you so argumentative?
    Because I don't like manipulative, dishonest art. I think it cheapens real emotions. If that's what the director was actually going for, then I think it was a terrible choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    You don't seem to understand that stopping filming and resetting costs thousands more than to just keep rolling.

You're supposed to shoot a scene until someone gets it right.
    No, I do understand that. That part has nothing to do with my review of the movie, just a little behind the scenes trivia. The car salesman comes off as super slick in the movie.

Another behind the scenes thing that was cool was the day I was there they were using a set that was a hotel room. To make it look like a real hotel room, they had these giant blow up photos of the actual buildings across the street from the real hotel. They were three stories high and were mounted so they had lights behind them. They had one for day and one for night. So when you were looking through the windows of the "hotel," it really looked like there were real buildings across the street.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Because I don't like manipulative, dishonest art. I think it cheapens real emotions. If that's what the director was actually going for, then I think it was a terrible choice.

No, I do understand that. That part has nothing to do with my review of the movie, just a little behind the scenes trivia. The car salesman comes off as super slick in the movie.

Another behind the scenes thing that was cool was the day I was there they were using a set that was a hotel room. To make it look like a real hotel room, they had these giant blow up photos of the actual buildings across the street from the real hotel. They were three stories high and were mounted so they had lights behind them. They had one for day and one for night. So when you were looking through the windows of the "hotel," it really looked like there were real buildings across the street.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Hmmm. You could say he won his first Oscar by playing someone other than Denzel.
    No, you could say he got it for playing the same role (angry, violent black man) he played in every movie, except just doing it really really well. Guy has been a one trick pony his entire career, he's just really, really, good at playing himself. But kudos to him, he was phenomenal in Flight.

Don't even get me started on him glorifying twice-convicted triple murderer in a film so that completely ignores reality. That was a slap in the face to everyone involved with that case not named Rubin Carter. F*ck Norman Jewison too. Anyone who has ever read anything about that case knows that he killed those people.
    Last edited by johndeeregreen; 02-25-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Actually Manchurian Candidate he was pretty good, as much not like himself as he's ever played.

Some think he's the best actor ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    *heart melts*

Pure love

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    No, you could say he got it for playing the same role (angry, violent black man) he played in every movie, except just doing it really really well. Guy has been a one trick pony his entire career, he's just really, really, good at playing himself. But kudos to him, he was phenomenal in Flight.

Don't even get me started on him glorifying twice-convicted triple murderer in a film so that completely ignores reality. That was a slap in the face to everyone involved with that case not named Rubin Carter. F*ck Norman Jewison too. Anyone who has ever read anything about that case knows that he killed those people.

Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    It's a joke. Hollywood is trolling us just like they always do.

But hey, remember when Nancy Reagan presented the Best Picture?? And Barbara Bush? Those were two awesome shows.
    [QUOTE]her presence on screen wasn't the first time a first lady has taken part in the Hollywood extravaganza.

That honor