Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Default Re: What is your ethnicity? (and two bonus questions)

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Because:

On a more serious note, Albanians are a completely different ethnicity from us SLAVS (Croats, Slovenians, Serbs, Bosnians, Macedonians, Montenegrins)... so it might have something to do with that

Whoa, you have then seen some very random people... because by majority any other balkan women/men > albanian men/women... trust me.. Croatian/Bosnian/Slovenian/Montenegrin women are the most beautiful... and the hardest ones to tame.. :)

lmao.... Anyways, its just an ideology presented to us (slavs) by the Turks very long time ago, we are all the same people/culture/language really.... except the Albos... Islam is very different here culturally, what you see/learn from Islam as an American is very stereotypic and very Arabic/middleeastern, the women wearing headscarfs, the men with the beards and turbans and white pyjamas... lol... that is more about culture rather than religion, non of that is obligatory as a Muslim haha... its just like the Christian culture difference in Sweden and Mexico... understand?? But here, you wont see the difference between a Christian or Muslim woman/man here in any way... unless that Muslim is from Saudi Arabia and that Christian is from Mexico or Africa or something....

Because that is life here! We are born with a sports ball in one hand and Cevapi or Pita or Cufte or Burek on the other! Those calories need to be burned somehow, but we dont like to overwork, shooting threes is as far is it goes and thats why we are good at it, lol

Nah, generally all (including Slovenians, Croats, especially Croats) hate/hated Serbs more than anybody else, mostly due to their politics and support for what happened in the 90s for example... has nothing to do with religion, trust me, how else would you explain Serbs genocide, war on Croats???? Croats hate Serbs probably more than anybody.... Its not Serbian peoples fault entirely, its their dictators fault Milosevic.... dude was crazy, tried to overtake all Yugoslavian states so it should be called Serbia, he literally was the reason to everything that happened to Yugoslavia...

The hate is generally over right now, its all love and peace, i have friends of all corners, we never mention politics, we try to move on, not forget, but just move on.... the only conflict that still exists and will probably never vanish completely is between Albanians and Serbs in Kosovo........

PS: Albanians (Sqiptars) migrated to Yugoslavia, they are not Slavs like everybody else and dont speak our language and most of them cant speak our language to this day which is Slovenian, Croatian, Bosnian, Serbian, Macedonian, Montegrin, all the same really, just dialects... with that last part being said you can now maybe imagine how stupid this war was, its like if California battles Arizona, Texas or something causing all those states to split from "USA" and now are their own nations/countries... :

PS #2: What a god damn shame Yugoslavia split up, we dominated basketball and would dominate basketball still to this day in Europe... and even given USA the best fight they ever had in the Olympics and maybe even win due to the teamwork, effort & will... :)
    PS: Albanians didn't migrate to Yugoslavia lol.. They are indigenous to the area and they speak their own language..

Bosniaks/Croats/Serbs are the same ethnicity, it's just religion has separated them.. Croats=Catholic, Bosniaks = Muslims, Serbs=Orthodox

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    PS: Albanians didn't migrate to Yugoslavia lol.. They are indigenous to the area and they speak their own language..

Bosniaks/Croats/Serbs are the same ethnicity, it's just religion has separated them.. Croats=Catholic, Bosniaks = Muslims, Serbs=Orthodox
    i wouldn't say the same there are some differences other than religion

1 Parents are from Ghana
    2 Can't imagine being another ethnicity really
    3 Good food,good music,funny movies

My roots make me a European mutt. My Grandfather on my mother's side was from Luxembourg and when I first visited there I couldn't get over how much I looked exactly like the people there. (And Belgium to an extent). When I first posted a pic here LJJ joked that I look so American. Not so, more Flemish. I'm also British and French on my Mom's side, Scottish and German on my dad's.

I wouldn't mind a little Italian and African added to the mixture.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Picker
    1 Parents are from Ghana
    2 Can't imagine being another ethnicity really
    3 Good food,good music,funny movies
    Love Ghana's national soccer team, they are beasts!
    I will never forgive Asamoah Gyan for missing that penalty..

Banned

jewish american

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    3. Louis CK said it best: Louis CK <---- A must watch.
    I'll have you know I went on a Louis CK spree on youtube and ended up watching most of the first season of his show last night because of this link. Just hilarious.

1. african. both parents from somalia.
    2. hmm what ethnicity would I mix with. samoan would be interesting, would be the first mix of that kind
    3. would I like to change my species? nah Im cool with being human. dolphins are aight too, maybe be a cheetah for a day

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    1. african. both parents from somalia.
    2. hmm what ethnicity would I mix with. samoan would be interesting, would be the first mix of that kind
    3. would I like to change my species? nah Im cool with being human. dolphins are aight too, maybe be a cheetah for a day

BRB, NFL

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    BRB, NFL
    yeah samoans have godly genetics for size and strength. there was that statistic where a samoan is 50 times more likely than the average athlete to make it in the nfl

Adbloock<3

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    My roots make me a European mutt. My Grandfather on my mother's side was from Luxembourg and when I first visited there I couldn't get over how much I looked exactly like the people there. (And Belgium to an extent). When I first posted a pic here LJJ joked that I look so American. Not so, more Flemish. I'm also British and French on my Mom's side, Scottish and German on my dad's.

I wouldn't mind a little Italian and African added to the mixture.

Not a good combination, Italians hate niqqers.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Black and white; mom is white and dad is black.

Same here. Dad is Bahamaian and mom is Irish/German.

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

White and Mexican mixed. Grandparents came to the US from Chihuahua, Mexico. My Dad was the only one of seven kids born a Mexican citizen.

I'm East African, both my parents are somali and I'm 3/4th Dhulbante to 1/4th Issaq. Overall I wouldn't choose another race but I wish my race wasn't so divisive. Somalia was blessed to be one of few African countries that didn't have other ethnic groups or religions yet the last 20 years have bloodied by one of the most tragic African civil wars.