Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default CIA Director Patreus steps down.

Central Intelligence Agency Director David Petraeus has resigned, citing "extremely poor judgment" for having an extra-marital affair, NBC News reported.

"Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position," Petraeus said in his resignation letter. "After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours."

"This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation," Petraeus said in the letter.

Mike Morrell, the deputy CIA director and a long time CIA officer, will likely be offered the job as acting director, multiple sources told NBC News.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/natio...178159541.html

Benghazi cover up getting worse.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: CIA Director Patreus steps down.

I blame Kobe

Decent college freshman

The timing is very interesting

I was going to make a lakers coach joke but damn it, im not as original as i thought.

NBA rookie of the year

I not the biggest Petraeus fan, but really? We are going to make the Director of the CIA resign cos he cheated on his wife?

What is this 1872? Why does cheating on your spouse = incompetence at work to some people?

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    I not the biggest Petraeus fan, but really? We are going to make the Director of the CIA resign cos he cheated on his wife?

What is this 1872? Why does cheating on your spouse = incompetence at work to some people?
    I doubt that's the real reason. It's probably a cover up to sell to the American public.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Obama didn't force him to resign, he chose to. Bengazi cover-up? How does this cover anything? He's not dead, he can still talk in interviews and now he has no reason to hide the truth because he has no job.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Obama didn't force him to resign, he chose to. Bengazi cover-up? How does this cover anything? He's not dead, he can still talk in interviews and now he has no reason to hide the truth because he has no job.
    I didn't mean obama forcing him, I meant societal pressure forcing him to resign. Like it did to anthony weiner

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    I didn't mean obama forcing him, I meant societal pressure forcing him to resign. Like it did to anthony weiner
    That was a reply to the OP's useless speculation. The explanation for him resigning I heard was that any CIA operative that had blackmail material out there was considered compromised and a lower-ranking operative would get canned for this so he was holding himself to the same standard. I don't know about all of that myself and it's certainly not blackmail material if everyone knows it happened but it's certainly true that high-level government appointees get fired over scandals.

Banned

Watching Piers Morgan now and author Donald Kessler is saying that Petraeus used his military email account to carry out his relationship with his biographer and after she broke up with him, he sent her thousands of emails trying to get her back

Wouldn't be surprised if it was the woman who sold him out to the federales

Also, the timing of this whole thing is alarming to say the least.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    That was a reply to the OP's useless speculation. The explanation for him resigning I heard was that any CIA operative that had blackmail material out there was considered compromised and a lower-ranking operative would get canned for this so he was holding himself to the same standard. I don't know about all of that myself and it's certainly not blackmail material if everyone knows it happened but it's certainly true that high-level government appointees get fired over scandals.

How convenient that the Director of the CIA resigns the week before the Benghazi hearings begin again in Congress over something that had zero effect on his ability to do his job.

Yes he's covering up for Obama

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Central Intelligence Agency Director David Petraeus has resigned, citing "extremely poor judgment" for having an extra-marital affair, NBC News reported.

"Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position," Petraeus said in his resignation letter. "After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours."

"This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation," Petraeus said in the letter.

Mike Morrell, the deputy CIA director and a long time CIA officer, will likely be offered the job as acting director, multiple sources told NBC News.

You're an idiot. You realize they can still subpoena him, right? If anything this would make it harder for Obama to claim executive privilege if their is something sinner.

NBA rookie of the year

Paula Broadwell (the other woman) talking about petraeus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFbVRfmNH4s

HAHA she probably apologized a few more times to her husband

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234

I didnn't have internet access today so this is the first I read of this and boy did that last line make me laugh.

Please explain to me how this coverup is supposed to work. You can post other pundits explanations as well. I am genuinely puzzled.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 11-09-2012 at 10:49 PM.