Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1555626364656667 LastLast

Default Re: Connecticut Huskies fan thread

Not gonna lie, kinda happy about this! Syracuse is going to be out of the Big east, and we'll have DUKE on our regular season schedule, LETS GO

Dunking on everybody in the park Court Vision's Avatar

I take that back about UConn to the ACC.

Apparently it may not happen because Calhoun burned so many bridges.

I hope it's not UConn.

I would rather see Navy in the ACC. At least that would help with Notre Dame.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    I hope it's not UConn.

I would rather see Navy in the ACC. At least that would help with Notre Dame.
    Not a chance.

Louisville maybe.

Clemson and FSU are probably the next schools to bolt out of the ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by Court Vision

Apparently I was wrong so I'm just going to give a made up explanation

fixed

I'm excited with Memphis being in the Big East and now Boise State for Football!!

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    fixed
    Andy Katz reported that he burned many bridges.

There are many factors playing into why UConn is still stuck at the kiddie table.

The only thing UConn had that separated them from UMass is the fact that thery hired Calhoun, while UMass hired Calipari who was looking to move up from the day he stepped on campus.

Not looking good for UConn. The UConn message boards are in meltdown mode right about now.

They would love to join the B1G, but that is not happening. They better hope that someone walks away from the ACC.

I'm excited with Memphis being in the Big East and now Boise State for Football!!
    Stick a fork in the Big East.

It's a joke.

Football brings in the dollars. The Big East is toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Court Vision
    Andy Katz reported that he burned many bridges.

There are many factors playing into why UConn is still stuck at the kiddie table.

The only thing UConn had that separated them from UMass is the fact that thery hired Calhoun, while UMass hired Calipari who was looking to move up from the day he stepped on campus.

Not looking good for UConn. The UConn message boards are in meltdown mode right about now.

They would love to join the B1G, but that is not happening. They better hope that someone walks away from the ACC.
    1. Uconn football brings in no money compared to basketball, never has, they can barely afford to keep the stadium running. Simple as that, no "bridges were burned" in this decision. It's all business

2. FSU is trying to go to the SEC, Uconn is next in line, then Cincinnati

3. The former athletic director is the one who burned the bridge with Boston College (which supposedly has been mended), who stopped us from joining the ACC years ago, the basketball coach does not make business decisions bro but we don't have bad blood with any of the programs, and most of them (including Louisville) are probably going to vote us in if another team leaves

4. The Big East is far from being the "kiddie table". Uconn, Memphis, Villanova, Georgetown, Marquette, and Cincinnati are all teams that you see regularly in the rankings. Far stronger than SEC basketball.

5. Boise State is coming for football to replace Rutgers, and in the next 10 years UCONN will be far better at the sport

and Andy Katz... dude is always sniffing up dirt that isn't there

UNRELATED note to UCONN fans: Is anyone else starting to hate Susan Herbst? She graduated from Duke, turned UCONN into a police state, and is ruining our athletics programs
    Last edited by kNicKz; 11-28-2012 at 11:01 PM.

I am impressed with the team and coach Ollie so far. We are competitive and well coached.

Go, Huskies!!!

1. Uconn football brings in no money compared to basketball, never has, they can barely afford to keep the stadium running. Simple as that, no "bridges were burned" in this decision. It's all business

2. FSU is trying to go to the SEC, Uconn is next in line, then Cincinnati

3. The former athletic director is the one who burned the bridge with Boston College (which supposedly has been mended), who stopped us from joining the ACC years ago, the basketball coach does not make business decisions bro but we don't have bad blood with any of the programs, and most of them (including Louisville) are probably going to vote us in if another team leaves

4. The Big East is far from being the "kiddie table". Uconn, Memphis, Villanova, Georgetown, Marquette, and Cincinnati are all teams that you see regularly in the rankings. Far stronger than SEC basketball.

5. Boise State is coming for football to replace Rutgers, and in the next 10 years UCONN will be far better at the sport

and Andy Katz... dude is always sniffing up dirt that isn't there

UNRELATED note to UCONN fans: Is anyone else starting to hate Susan Herbst? She graduated from Duke, turned UCONN into a police state, and is ruining our athletics programs
    1. And football brings the money. If the ACC cannot compete on the football field, they will fall the same way the Big East fell.

UConn not having a good football program was a major reason why the ACC invited UofL. They needed to placate FSU and Clemson by trying to compete on the football field.

2. FSU to the SEC will never happen. Florida would never allow it. FSU to the B12 is the only hope.

3. Like I said, Katz reported he burned bridges. And yes, both your former and current AD are inept.

4. Yes, the Big East is the kiddie table when it comes to money and TV contracts. Basketball doesn't make the bucks. It won't survive. I could see the basketball only schools merging with the A10 perhaps.

5. Boise State is not coming to save the day. The Big East will be negotiating a new TV contract soon, and without hefty financial backing, the league will crumble. Right now, the Big East is paying out about $3 million compared to the B1G who is paying out about $24 million per school a year. Can't compete.

6. Yes, she is an inept AD.

Rumors are going around that GT heads to the B1G.

This will certainly open the door for UConn to jump through.

Hopefully! It's between us and Cincinnati at this point.

Great blowout too tonight

Ollie gets 5 year contract

SWAG