Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bobcats Rumors

Default Re: Bobcats Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
    Hate to say it but probably only JRich, G-Dub, and Okafor (as a PF) are starters on most quality teams in the league. A some guys, like Lopez or Hibbert, may not be starters but they could be and they are at least NBA ready enough to back-up Nazr. Case in point, we MUST add front court depth this off-season.
    whats wrong with Nazr? How come he didnt start more games? I remember seeing him play when he first came to Charlotte and he put up some good numbers, but after that he came off the bench and played like shlt

You've been 'Smacked!

Nothing was wrong with him...supposedly he had a "career" year with us. His minutes went down because our idiot of a coach couldn't figure out how to play him alongside Mek.

Local High School Star TarHeelBorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ~spectre~
    Nothing was wrong with him...supposedly he had a "career" year with us. His minutes went down because our idiot of a coach couldn't figure out how to play him alongside Mek.
    He's still not a long term solution.

You've been 'Smacked!

Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
    He's still not a long term solution.
    Absolutely not. But I am starting to think he might be the stopgap this season, allow us to get a big like Hibbert, the French guy or even a combo like Westbrook, bring 'em along as they should be and not have to trade Crash.

Ever since LB said he's not seen any starters in these workouts I've been in a quandry on how to get in 5 legit starters. Even if we trade Crash we're not getting 2 starters back...and notice all the rumors (Ford esp.) say we're really wanting a C. Unless we're able to trade that pick back and get a starter that way the only short term option I see is Nazr at the 5...with a lot of Duds thrown in.

#9 for #15 + Barbosa or Diaw? Or are the Suns giving up too much?

Decent playground baller

Don't think we can do that because of saleries?

But yeah I think that's a bit much, there isn't much difference in 9 and 15 this year most experts are saying. I can see lopez falling if not taken 3 by Minnesota and while he is meant to be weak on defense, maybe his offensive game would be a good match next to Okafor? Not really seen it mentioned on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeUK
    Don't think we can do that because of saleries?

But yeah I think that's a bit much, there isn't much difference in 9 and 15 this year most experts are saying. I can see lopez falling if not taken 3 by Minnesota and while he is meant to be weak on defense, maybe his offensive game would be a good match next to Okafor? Not really seen it mentioned on this board.
    That's b/c he's not seen as having any upside and he doesn't rebound or play defense well for his size. He's all offensive.

I hope you guys enjoyed the fast paced bobcats while they were there. Brown in gonna implement "the right way to play" basketball style. Which means you will be all defense. he is gonna build the team around that philosophy.

bobcats have talent in their roster. They can solidify the bench and make some moves. I think Coach Brown will put this team in the playoffs next season.

I usually hit open layups Felton in '08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
    trade Gerald Wallace for Mike Miller:

Felton
    Miller
    Richardson
    Okafor
    #9 (Lopez or Jordan)
    Umm...can someone please explain to me why we would even consider this? This is one of the worst trade ideas I've seen floated anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Felton in '08
    Umm...can someone please explain to me why we would even consider this? This is one of the worst trade ideas I've seen floated anywhere.
    We won't, don't worry.

Decent playground baller

Yeah can't see us wanting miller for nothing cause of his 9 mil + salery. Certainly not for that.

Chad Ford has us taking Love at 9. I hate the pick more now than ever. I really hope we take a true center instead of another PF b/c it won't let us move Okafor to the 4.

Learning to shoot layups

Okafor may be on the way out the door this summer. Probably would be the best thing for Charlotte. Rid themselves of Okafor , who is not an all-star player at this point... and do their damnest to get rid of Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmonster
    Okafor may be on the way out the door this summer. Probably would be the best thing for Charlotte. Rid themselves of Okafor , who is not an all-star player at this point... and do their damnest to get rid of Morrison.
    If we do trade Okafor, it needs to be in a sign and trade and we need to get something in return. We need to try our damnedest to get some kind of return for him. However, I am pretty confident we can re-sign him b/c his value is way down to other teams.