Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I Think You're An Idiot If You Only Vote For One Party

All Republican or all Democrat exclusive voters are morons.
    I vote based on the person. I don't care about his party affiliation. If I'm interested enough in the race, I may even do research to find out about his past.
    I'm neither Republican nor a Democrat. I don't view myself as a member of either party. Why? Because both sides are full of morons, but among the morons are a few standouts who deserve recognition every once in a while.
    I don't know much about politics. And I don't pretend to know much either. What I do know is there are thousands of Republican voters in CA right now who won't vote Yes on Prop 1 & 2 (related to the water consumption in CA; these are propositions to help with funding to protect against massive drought, such as the one we're experiencing now) because Governor Jerry Brown, a Democrat, endorsed the propositions.
    That's stupid as fck.

What's going on in your side of the country/world? Are there idiots like this everywhere or is it mostly just Californians who are this fcking dumb?

Default Re: I Think You're An Idiot If You Only Vote For One Party

Quote Originally Posted by DwnShft2Xcelr8
    I don't know much about politics.
    Thanks for playing, we have some lovely parting gifts for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Thanks for playing, we have some lovely parting gifts for you.
    Nitpick one sentence, ignore everything else. Thanks. Already figured you out.

Anyway, voters need to be more open-minded when voting. If you're going to vote exclusively for the Democratic party, be sure you know who each person is. Don't just vote for them because they share the same party affiliation as you. Same goes for Republicans.

I'm under the impression that you're not old enough to vote for anything but homecoming queen.

I agree with this. They can't think for themselves so they'll just vote what their party wants them to.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
    I agree with this. They can't think for themselves so they'll just vote what their party wants them to.
    I vote based on the person. I don't care about his party affiliation. If I'm interested enough in the race, I may even do research to find out about his past.
    I'm neither Republican nor a Democrat. I don't view myself as a member of either party. Why? Because both sides are full of morons, but among the morons are a few standouts who deserve recognition every once in a while.
    I don't know much about politics. And I don't pretend to know much either. What I do know is there are thousands of Republican voters in CA right now who won't vote Yes on Prop 1 & 2 (related to the water consumption in CA; these are propositions to help with funding to protect against massive drought, such as the one we're experiencing now) because Governor Jerry Brown, a Democrat, endorsed the propositions.
    That's stupid as fck.

What's going on in your side of the country/world? Are there idiots like this everywhere or is it mostly just Californians who are this fcking dumb?
    contrary to popular opinion most GOP candidates vote/advocate for a set of values and polices, and most DNC candidates do the same for their party's platform.

You have a few people that break the mold, Eg. Rand Paul will be anti war, anti military spending, anti government contracts/pork barrel spending (stuff like defense spending that many congressmen love because it creates jobs in their home districts), supports legalization of drugs, etc.

and you will have a few dems that break with the party on certain issues, Eg. warren. you will have some independents like bernie sanders.

But in large part the typical democrat votes like a robot for the policies his party leaders push for, and the exact same thing is true for the average republican.

Voting for a single party is often the only logical policy. The average GOP candidate agrees with each other on most issues. the same is true for the average democrat. If you were voting for both you would at one time probably be voting for contradictory policy.

In a lot of cases having certain beliefs should dictate you towards voting exclusively for one party if you are being logical. This doesnt mean that you agree with all the policies of that party, however most people know what stuff they care about the most, what stuff they need, vs what stuff the would prefer/want. Logically you should vote for the party whose platform is most desirable towards you. This will often result in voting exclusively for the GOP or the DNC.

Eg. if you have very high income or are set to inherit an estate with a huge value, and you prioritize your own financial condition above that of the nation, if you want intelligent design/creationism taught in schools, if you want a more assertive foreign policy/more military spending/strong national defense, if you want a more Christian nation, more gun rights, etc you would be behaving wildly illogically by not voting for the GOP

vice versa

if you dont want voter ID laws and or biased gerrymandering (state level elections) or depend on any form of welfare (social security, medicare, etc) or care about civil rights of minority groups or etc, want a less assertive/more cooperative foreign policy, no religion in schools, more gun restrictions, etc you are also behaving illogically by not voting for the DNC

America has pretty consistent political platforms across the 2 parties. Regional differences do occur, Eg. the GOP in california is not the same as the GOP in texas or other southern states. Blue dog democrats are not the same as those in the progressive caucus
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 11-03-2014 at 01:34 PM.

NBA Superstar

You're an idiot if you vote period.

America's voting system is retarded and only benefits the majority.

At least in other countries when a candidate loses by getting *only* 49% of the vote the people that voted for that candidate will get some sort of representation in their political office.

The Alternative Vote would be a much better system to go to for America. Maybe then I'd start to give a shit about voting.

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

To be fair, you just "figured (him) out" based on one sentence, so...

Local High School Star theballerFKA Ace's Avatar

Slightly off topic but I think the country runs best when the balance of power is not too lopsided. If one party controls the executive branch and the entire legislative branch, it alienates half of the country causing mild to severe hopelessness, and hurts consumer confidence.

I'll spell it out for you, the example you give does not illustrate the problem you state.

You say you need to consider the person not the party and then you the example not of people but ballot initiatives.

You also ignore the fact that Republicans oppose these ballots on there own merits.

But in general, my comment was directed at the arrogance of calling people morons when you admit you don't know much about the subject.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 11-03-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    contrary to popular opinion most GOP candidates vote/advocate for a set of values and polices, and most DNC candidates do the same for their party's platform.

You have a few people that break the mold, Eg. Rand Paul will be anti war, anti military spending, anti government contracts/pork barrel spending (stuff like defense spending that many congressmen love because it creates jobs in their home districts), supports legalization of drugs, etc.

and you will have a few dems that break with the party on certain issues, Eg. warren. you will have some independents like bernie sanders.

But in large part the typical democrat votes like a robot for the policies his party leaders push for, and the exact same thing is true for the average republican.

Voting for a single party is often the only logical policy. The average GOP candidate agrees with each other on most issues. the same is true for the average democrat. If you were voting for both you would at one time probably be voting for contradictory policy.

In a lot of cases having certain beliefs should dictate you towards voting exclusively for one party if you are being logical. This doesnt mean that you agree with all the policies of that party, however most people know what stuff they care about the most, what stuff they need, vs what stuff the would prefer/want. Logically you should vote for the party whose platform is most desirable towards you. This will often result in voting exclusively for the GOP or the DNC.

Eg. if you have very high income or are set to inherit an estate with a huge value, and you prioritize your own financial condition above that of the nation, if you want intelligent design/creationism taught in schools, if you want a more assertive foreign policy/more military spending/strong national defense, if you want a more Christian nation, more gun rights, etc you would be behaving wildly illogically by not voting for the GOP

vice versa

if you dont want voter ID laws and or biased gerrymandering (state level elections) or depend on any form of welfare (social security, medicare, etc) or care about civil rights of minority groups or etc, want a less assertive/more cooperative foreign policy, no religion in schools, more gun restrictions, etc you are also behaving illogically by not voting for the DNC

America has pretty consistent political platforms across the 2 parties. Regional differences do occur, Eg. the GOP in california is not the same as the GOP in texas or other southern states. Blue dog democrats are not the same as those in the progressive caucus
    do you consider Social Security welfare?

Thug or Moron? It comes down to your vote tomorrow.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/3v...s-that-happen-

Niko, is this your district?

This is a great editorial.

[QUOTE]Desperate times call for desperate measures, and beyond all doubt we are desperate in considering the choice for Congress in the district representing Staten Island and southern Brooklyn.

In Domenic Recchia, the Democrats have fielded a candidate so dumb, ill-informed, evasive and inarticulate that voting for a thuggish Republican who could wind up in a prison jumpsuit starts to make rational sense.

At least Michael Grimm can string three sentences together in arguing that he deserves the presumption of innocence on federal criminal charges stemming from his past operation of a restaurant.

Should he be convicted, Grimm has promised to resign, paving the way for a match between two fresh candidates. All the better.

Recchia, a former councilman, is clueless as to the issues. He accomplished the unprecedented feat of failing to give a single coherent answer when he was interviewed hoping for the Daily News endorsement.

He was equally incoherent in debates. Even in his best showing, on Tuesday night, he couldn

I agree. I think there should be no parties. That way folks can't just vote straight Democrat or Republican. People would actually have to pay attention and know who and what they are voting for.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

I only vote for non-Demonrats and men

Local High School Star theballerFKA Ace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Thug or Moron? It comes down to your vote tomorrow.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/3v...s-that-happen-

Niko, is this your district?

This is a great editorial.

Domenic Recchia ain't got nothin' on Alvin Green the 2010 South Carolina Democrat nominee for the senate race. Guy was unemployed and lived with his dad. Worse yet he was facing charges for sexually harassing an 18 year old and had trouble putting 2 words together. Some say he was a Republican plant, and they got the dumbest black guy possible because they knew he could still beat the 4-time Congressman, former judge for the Democrat nomination as long as his skin was not white.

Alvin Greene

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_HER2pGdAak

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tec68Hce_g

This was the best part of his campaign

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar09czbfE8o

Guy makes Sarah Palin looks like JPL Team X analyst

Republicans have put forth some real mouth breathers but this guy..w..t..f..