Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Default Re: Official UCLA Bruins Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by UCLAlegend32
    hahahahhahaha good one
    I thought it was pretty good myself!

hahahahhahahahaha

So, Bruins lost vs Texas, and since then, they have played really solid. 12 Point victory over the Davidson Flyers, then whipping Idaho St. by 40 points. Western Illinios was able to stay within 30 against the Bruins, losing by 25, then the Bruins went to Michigan and had a tough victory, despite winning by 15. Then to end pre-season play, they beat UC Davis by nearly 30.

First conference game and they beat up on 20th ranked Stanford Cardinal by 9, lead by 5 treys from Josh Shipp.

Tonight, they face Ryan Anderson and his Golden Bears who are coming off a double digit victory against one and done sensation OJ Mayo

After five treys @ Stanford, so far in less then 8 minutes, Josh Shipp has two of them playing @ the Golden Bears, and has a 3 point play on top of that too boot. 16-6 UCLA leads at the moment with 13:29 remaining in the first half.

Let's Go Bruins!

College superstar

and Westbrook dunks on another poor sap, Boykin I guess is his name

Wow, that was a crazy turn of events, sloppy but exciting play. Missed jumpers, missed layups, bad passes and decision making finally ended by a foul and Aboya shooting two, when it could have easily been an And1. Bruins can't let the Bears stay in this game, they need to string together some scoring and try to blow this game open

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    and Westbrook dunks on another poor sap, Boykin I guess is his name
    Man, Westbrook has stepped up this season..he needs to bring back that flaming MoHawk

Edit: Damn, they just said Russell's body fat is at 4%, explains how he's able to have such a dynamic first step and be able to get up so high

College superstar

I still want to see the video of that Westbook dunk I had a picture of. It was some maroon team if I remember correctly and it looked like he cleared the defender.

Keefe got away with a violation, but is playing solid. Anderson has been quiet thus far, and when he gets going, my Bruins could be in trouble.

Shipp just picked up his second foul, which could end up being trouble if he picks up anymore for the rest of the half since Mike Roll is not available and might be done for the year. Bruins are playing somewhat sloppy, I'm sure they'll change it around since there is no way Ben Howland let's this continue

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    I still want to see the video of that Westbook dunk I had a picture of. It was some maroon team if I remember correctly and it looked like he cleared the defender.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=JIyln-ggA88

25 seconds into the vid...I'm guessing that's what your looking for?

College superstar

u know the dunk I'm talking about and where I can find that video? I'm thinking it was Chico State

College superstar

Bruins beat the Cal Bears by 12, 70-58 and have completed a road sweep in the Pac-10. Don't be surprised if it's the only one with how tough and deep the league is[minus Oregon St. and Washington as both are just decent].

Love lead the way with 19 points and 14 rebounds on 8-10 FG with Shipp chipping in 13, Collison with 14 and Westbrook with 11 off the bench.

UCLA will host the Washington schools next week, in what should be a tough game vs Wazzou next Saturday and one they should win vs Washington on Thursday night

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7653308

UCLA guard Darren Collison was briefly hospitalized because of food poisoning after the fifth-ranked Bruins' weekend road trip to the Bay Area.

Collison fell ill Sunday night and visited a hospital near his family's home in Rancho Cucamonga where he was given fluids and an IV, coach Ben Howland said Tuesday.

"I assume it was something he ate after the trip," Howland said.

Collison, a preseason All-American, didn't practice Tuesday. The team didn't practice Sunday or Monday.

The Bruins (14-1, 2-0 Pac-10) host Washington (9-5, 0-1) on Thursday night.

Collison missed the first six games of the season with a sprained left knee. He is averaging 12.4 points per game, third on the team, and 4.0 assists.
    2nd Pac-10 player hospitalized, although this wasn't as serious as the other. I'm glad it's nothing serious with Sauls along with Colison

So, since I last updated this thread, we've had two losses, one vs USC and the other @ Washington, to go with 8 victories.

Looking at the upcoming schedule, only one game raises a red flag to me and that is the game @ UofA, the Stanford game concerns me, but not as much as the B's and Company.

I think we take the 6 remaining games, end up with 28-3{16-2} and get ourselves another top 2 seed in the big dance.

So, we whupped on the Beavers by 35, and we are en route to beating the Ducks as we lead by 11 with 20.8 seconds left. Pac-10 Regular season title is ours to lose, and I doubt we will.

March Madness here we come!

Local High School Star UCLAlegend32's Avatar

U C LLLLLLLL A :party2: :party2: :party2: