Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: GAME THREAD: Season Opener, Bulls vs. Heat

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Agreed.

Also we running some triangle elements?
    Looks like we have some new set but I can' tell yet. I don't like the play where our PF takes a 16-18 footer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Looks like we have some new set but I can' tell yet. I don't like the play where our PF takes a 16-18 footer though.
    I don't either, but that's Boozer's money shot at this point. (and I mean that as a compliment!)

Taj though should never go out that far.

I don't either, but that's Boozer's money shot at this point. (and I mean that as a compliment!)

Taj though should never go out that far.
    Yeah I was talking about Taj, haha.

We still look like we need more shot makers though at this point.

Deng couldn't create his own shot with a gallon of vodka and a dozen tiny glasses lol

what pisses me off about Deng's offense is the same thing that's upset all of us since 06. HE DOESNT DRIVE.

When he drives to score he can drop 20-25

When he doesn't he winds up getting that usual 16.

dem touch fouls.

I know it's the first half of the first game, but Taj has looked like garbage. I was expecting a "big" year from him given that he's finally healthy. Taking bad shots, missing rotations. Shame.

Controversial opinion: We still need a guy who considers himself worthy to play with Rose. Everyone fell back into that bullshit of "Sit around watch Rose make magic" shit. I don't think there's been a set ran in like...6? maybe 7 possessions. It's Rose drive, Rose drive and kick for a 3, or Rose drive pass to Boozer.

Controversial opinion: We still need a guy who considers himself worthy to play with Rose. Everyone fell back into that bullshit of "Sit around watch Rose make magic" shit. I don't think there's been a set ran in like...6? maybe 7 possessions. It's Rose drive, Rose drive and kick for a 3, or Rose drive pass to Boozer.
    Agreed. We need scoring and we need it bad. I don't think Jimmy is that guy...

I know it's the first half of the first game, but Taj has looked like garbage. I was expecting a "big" year from him given that he's finally healthy. Taking bad shots, missing rotations. Shame.
    dat missed dunk.

Butler is not a good finisher....idk if he can get any lift on his layups.

I think Jimmy's gonna grow into being a solid backcourt partner for him. The Dumars to Rose's Zeke. That layup miss was shitty but I mean LeBron missed one in the first so it's not the be all end all

Rose needs to not be hesitant to recruit if he wants to win. Being the alpha isn't something he has to worry about. He's still top 5 in the NBA. But there's no other legit all star on the roster. We're gonna be the 2010s version of the 00s Mavericks if someone isn't brought in.

Start working on Love, Melo (lol), somebody. Because nobody else can create their own shot. I mean shit Nate was at least good at that.

Hell trade Deng and all the other assets for somebody, anybody!

See? I hate to sound like I'm trolling, but the Bulls will be the Heat's b*tch until they have a serious team. I'm supposed to believe a group consisting of Dunleavy, Jimmy Butler, Deng, and Boozer are going to challenge the Heat in the play-offs? Yeah right. Scraps do not beat great teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    See? I hate to sound like I'm trolling, but the Bulls will be the Heat's b*tch until they have a serious team. I'm supposed to believe a group consisting of Dunleavy, Jimmy Butler, Deng, and Boozer are going to challenge the Heat in the play-offs? Yeah right. Scraps do not beat great teams.
    After watching this core grow the last 5 years, I have been one of the most patient and staunch supporters of this current team being good enough to win a championship.

Now after seeing today, I'm not so convinced.

I wanted to see something different, something that would make me believe that we are on track to beat the Heat in the playoffs.

Rose is still struggling with Heat's swarming defense and the Bulls are still lacking that explosive scorer to ignite the Bull's offense when it gets stagnant.

That first half was all reactionary and lacked any kind of structure or plan. The second half was a little better, but Miami took the pedal off a bit and we found more room to operate.

Deng needs to be traded while he still has trade value. He is too one dimensional and his weaknesses are glaring against the Heat. How many times have I seen him try to dribble through traffic and either turns it over or throws up a clanger. I hope Thibs noticed that Deng CANNOT defend Lebron at all. Leave that job for Butler.

The only positives were Boozer and Butler. Boozer looks great with the loss of weight, lot quicker and driving to the hole more.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    dat missed dunk.
    I counted at least 4 missed dunks from the Bulls...I'm sure there were more.