Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Default Re: Who's better?: Nets vs Clipper?

Many things factor into team success in the NBA. You need a great starting 5, and an adequate bench of suitable role players. You need good coaching, good buy in on defensive schemes, and players accepting roles. You need good ownership, and good team management.
    I think the Nets have a slightly better combination of the above and will be more successful by the end of the season.
    The Nets might even have the second seed in the East.

Even if you think Clippers, its not by much.
    The Nets have 3 great players in their starting lineup, and one good one.
    They have 2 or 3 good support role players. Depth beyond that is overrated in the NBA.
    Brooks in particular will be great off the bench.
    They have ownership/management/coaching demanding excellence over dollars, over everything. They will be great, particulary post all star break, barring injury.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Uh... obviously I meant Brook. How does a typo alter my credibility? Try again Wang.
    A very blatant and erroneous typo. Regardless, your position as the ultimate Clipper fanboy makes you the least of objective opinions. In fact, I spent the rest of my day not even here because it would've been a waste of my time reading your responses. I while I scan through your various posts.. yeah I was right. They're not worth it.

The Clippers are not a borderline contender team.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    The Clippers are not a borderline contender team.
    Agreed, they are complete contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    The title contenders are the Heat, Lakers and Thunder, and possibly Spurs.
    Clippers are in the tier below, and at this point (in preseason) it seems it would be an upset for them to make the WCF.
    There isn't much between Clippers, Denver, Memphis IMO.
    Reality is the Clippers could have been out in first round last season. They weren't, but it wasn't far off.
    I think the additions they made in Crawford/Odom/Barnes/Hill/turiaf aren't that great in 2012. I think internal development from Griffin/Jordan/Bledsoe is the key to take next step. And to be honest I don't know much more those players will improve. Happy for Clippers fans if they do improve alot as overall players.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    The title contenders are the Heat, Lakers and Thunder, and possibly Spurs.
    Well, I disagree.

Clippers are in the tier below, and at this point (in preseason) it seems it would be an upset for them to make the WCF.
    Because they lost to the Nuggets? I don't follow your logic. Nothing has been established at this point, other than the fact that the Clippers have added very good pieces to support their star players.

There isn't much between Clippers, Denver, Memphis IMO.
    Interested in your reasoning on this.

Reality is the Clippers could have been out in first round last season. They weren't, but it wasn't far off.
    Reality is that the Clippers had major injuries to their 3 best players and they still made it past a healthy Grizzlies team in 7 games.

I think the additions they made in Crawford/Odom/Barnes/Hill/turiaf aren't that great in 2012.
    I can't speak objectively on Odom because I hate him. All signs point to Crawford reemerging into the player he was in Atlanta (or something similar). Hill isn't a star but he is the consistent veteran the Clippers needed with the departure of Kenyon. Barnes is the 9th player in the rotation, at best, and Turiaf is inarguably crap.

I think internal development from Griffin/Jordan/Bledsoe is the key to take next step. And to be honest I don't know much more those players will improve. Happy for Clippers fans if they do improve alot as overall players.
    Generally, players improve after their sophomore years in the league. It's not really a stretch to say Griffin will only get better from here... he's repeatedly stated the entire summer was spent focusing on his weaknesses. Deandre Jordan has said similar things... and Bledsoe's game against Denver really speaks for itself (yes, I'm aware it was the preseason). If all the cards fall right for the Clippers, they are pretty damn good. And the odds suggest they will.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but they're not. There is a whole level of teams that are clearly and overwhelmingly better than them. Lakers. Miami. OKC. There is no question that the Clippers are not among those three. Then there's teams that are probably better than them: Boston and San Antonio. So really... that's 5 teams above them. They're not contenders. Sorry if it hurts your feelings.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they're not. There is a whole level of teams that are clearly and overwhelmingly better than them. Lakers. Miami. OKC. There is no question that the Clippers are not among those three. Then there's teams that are probably better than them: Boston and San Antonio. So really... that's 5 teams above them. They're not contenders. Sorry if it hurts your feelings.
    Why would your opinion hurt my feelings?

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Eric Bledsoe and DJ have improved leaps and bounds this summer and people will see. Griffin obviously should improve. Those 3 plus CP3 who's 26 is an incredible core.

Fiasco 5 best players injured and 10 new players yet still beat so called darkhorse Grizzlies who had home court.

Nothing you say will ever hurt anyones feelings lmao

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    Fair enough....

41 and under, you win
    42 and higher, I win.

1 month Avy right after the regular season ends.

Deal?
    Regretting this bet at all Clippersfan86?

Just wanna keep it on the radar

Regretting this bet at all Clippersfan86?

Just wanna keep it on the radar
    Not really. Nets haven't had thr most difficult schedule but they are a good team anyways which I never disagreed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Not really. Nets haven't had thr most difficult schedule but they are a good team anyways which I never disagreed with.
    They have not had the toughest schedule, but they also haven't built any chemistry, but they finally are defensively. Also, JJ and D.Will have played miserably on offense, I don't think can play worse offensively and thus can only get better.

So you still think they are .500 team or worse?
    To me a .500/sub .500 team in the East is not very good.
    Last edited by ChuckOakley; 11-27-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Clippers are better than the Lakers. Lakers are not a good team.

They have not had the toughest schedule, but they also haven't built any chemistry, but they finally are defensively. Also, JJ and D.Will have played miserably on offense, I don't think can play worse offensively and thus can only get better.

So you still think they are .500 team or worse?
    To me a .500/sub .500 team in the East is not very good.
    Deron said he is playing with a sprained right wrist (which is his shooting hand) so we'll probably see his shooting woes to continue. Johnson has been very inconsistent though :/