Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Trade Rumour - Raps and Lakers

Lakers looking to trade one big, white, European scapegoat for another?

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Bargs has more long term potential. still hasnt reached his prime
    Bargnani has no potential left. That word needs to never be used again when it comes to Bargnani. He is what he is. He's been the same player for 3years now. A inefficient volume scorer who is basically a negative on the floor when his jump shot is not going in. Unless it's a high school player, what a player does in his 3rd or 4th year is typically what you're going to see going forward.

And isn't the average "prime" for an NBA player generally in the 24-28 age range? Bargnani is right in the middle of his prime. 27 is not "young" in NBA terms.

Sure Bargnani might be around longer in the NBA due to the age gap between him an Gasol. If I'm a team wanting to win a championship in the near future, I'll take a declining Gasol for the next 2-3 years than what Bargnani has been giving the Raptors.

Pau for K Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Bargnani has no potential left. That word needs to never be used again when it comes to Bargnani. He is what he is. He's been the same player for 3years now. A inefficient volume scorer who is basically a negative on the floor when his jump shot is not going in. Unless it's a high school player, what a player does in his 3rd or 4th year is typically what you're going to see going forward.

And isn't the average "prime" for an NBA player generally in the 24-28 age range? Bargnani is right in the middle of his prime. 27 is not "young" in NBA terms.

Sure Bargnani might be around longer in the NBA due to the age gap between him an Gasol. If I'm a team wanting to win a championship in the near future, I'll take a declining Gasol for the next 2-3 years than what Bargnani has been giving the Raptors.

I agree with pretty much everything you said... hes a liability when hes not scoring and has been disappointing for years...especially as a top pick... but last year he was going OFF before the injury... thats where my little hope for him is coming from... he will blossom under a new system, seems like almost every Raptor that leaves, usually does.

Quote Originally Posted by takai
    Pau for K Love.
    The sheer notion of this trade makes me laugh. Minnesota would have to be complete tards to do this trade.

As for Bargs/Gasol. As a Raptors fan - Whatever, I give up...

Seems this team will never get the proper rebuild it deserves.

A player's prime starts usually around 27. So he's actually getting into his prime. He most certainly has the ability to be better, but I just don't like him. And like I said in another thread, maybe he should be playing SF. Dirk is a subpar defender, but he's intelligent and knows how to play team defense. He's also a solid post defender. And, despite his rebounding totals the last few seasons, in that style defense, Dirk has always been a decent to solid to good rebounder. Bargnani gets good rebounds for a SG and OK for a SF. For a PF, even a stretch one, he's awful. And he hasn't had people taking his rebounds. It's his fault.

Before getting hurt last year, he did look great offensively. It wasn't just about shooting. He was a scorer, who got his own shot. He just plays for a jumpshot. Doesn't even move off the ball to get it.

Seems like that has been the "rumor" for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    A player's prime starts usually around 27. So he's actually getting into his prime. He most certainly has the ability to be better, but I just don't like him. And like I said in another thread, maybe he should be playing SF. Dirk is a subpar defender, but he's intelligent and knows how to play team defense. He's also a solid post defender. And, despite his rebounding totals the last few seasons, in that style defense, Dirk has always been a decent to solid to good rebounder. Bargnani gets good rebounds for a SG and OK for a SF. For a PF, even a stretch one, he's awful. And he hasn't had people taking his rebounds. It's his fault.

Before getting hurt last year, he did look great offensively. It wasn't just about shooting. He was a scorer, who got his own shot. He just plays for a jumpshot. Doesn't even move off the ball to get it.
    THIS.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

That's my big problem with your argument. It was a 13-game stretch. That's a tiny sample size compared to looking at the 2,3 or hell even 4 years. You can't just pick out the absolute best stretch of his career.

Players' production generally doesn't improve much past their 4th year or so. There's always some exceptions but look at the majority of non-high schoolers and it's a strong trend.

Bargnani is what he is. 27 years old and in his 7th season in the NBA. That is an established veteran player. Unless you are banking on him being an exception to the rule, there most likely is no improvement left there.

That's my big problem with your argument. It was a 13-game stretch. That's a tiny sample size compared to looking at the 2,3 or hell even 4 years. You can't just pick out the absolute best stretch of his career.

Players' production generally doesn't improve much past their 4th year or so. There's always some exceptions but look at the majority of non-high schoolers and it's a strong trend.

Bargnani is what he is. 27 years old and in his 7th season in the NBA. That is an established veteran player. Unless you are banking on him being an exception to the rule, there most likely is no improvement left there.

I'm not banking on him. Like I said, I don't particularly like him. He's as soft as it gets. And he's lazy even to get open or dribble. But this is his prime. He was playing center up until last season. Playing him at C is a bigger abomination than Arenas playing PG.

It's one thing to be hot for a stretch; it's another thing to see the improvement. It's been evident in DeAndre Jordan's game this year. Last year, he clearly looked different. He was initiating offense. It was thru his own scoring, but he clearly has a high ceiling as a scorer. I'm not gonna bank on a guy for that stretch, but it was clear that he has the talent.

Back to Business

Pau gasol for derozan

I heard the wolves offered Pekovic and Derrick Williams if I was the lakers I would take that offer.
    People forget that Pekovic is good.

Not airballing my layups anymore bih's Avatar

at anyone wanting Andrea

Hedo 2.0 no heart, cant run down floor, rebound, Kobe would ride his angus till Andrea either asked for buyout or quit basketball

Calderon on other hand would be perfect for Lakers.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cermet
    I heard the wolves offered Pekovic and Derrick Williams if I was the lakers I would take that offer.
    People forget that Pekovic is good.
    pekovic is great. but wouldnt work in MDA's offense nor would he look comfortable next to dwight. Two big bodies that take up the paint.

If atl is interested, La should accept the minny deal, but instead use atl as a 3rd team (trade pek and dwill to the hawks) and take back josh smith

minny gets what they want

atl gets a legit center to pair up with horford in the front court. theyd easily become one of the best front courts in the east

la gets a player who can run in mda's system but more importantly, they get a player who can provide great D next to howard. not to mention, this would keep howard happy throughout the season.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

D'Antoni is the ideal coach for Bargs if you feel the best thing for Bargnani is not to have his deficiencies challenged or grow in any way, just go out and shoot quick and don't worry about rebounding and D. If you just want to see him babied it's the perfect marriage.