Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default California city will remove gender terms, including "manhole" and "manmade"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ber...from-city-code

[QUOTE][I]Gender-inclusive restrooms and have become more and more common across the country.

Now, the city of Berkeley is taking it a step further.

The city is removing gender-specific words in its municipal code. It will cost the city about $600 to make the changes. The Berkeley City Council unanimously passed the measure to replace more than two dozen commonly used terms on Tuesday.

It will switch words like

Default Re: California city will remove gender terms, including "manhole" and "manmade"

My alma mater UNC doesn't use the term Freshman any more because it's not gender neutral. They call those students First Year now. SMH

Default Re: California city will remove gender terms, including "manhole" and "manmade"

polling says 100% of respondents agree

actual news we should be talking about-

House passes bill to hike the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour

The House passed a bill Thursday to hike the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour in a win for liberal activists who have long pushed to give low-wage workers a raise.

The Democratic-held chamber passed the plan in a 231-199 vote. Six Democrats opposed it, while three Republicans supported it.

The measure would gradually hike the U.S. pay floor to $15 by 2025, then index further hikes to median wage growth. It would also phase out lower minimum wage paid to tipped workers.

House Democrats view the legislation as a core piece of their agenda to boost pay and economic growth. As President Donald Trump runs for reelection in 2020, the party argues strong economic growth and a roaring stock market have not done enough to lift the workers who most need relief.
    i assume the senate, and maga if it reaches that level, will put the kibosh on this.

thots?

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

definitely sounds like berkeley

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    definitely sounds like berkeley

What gets me is that it was all started by some young pipsqueak fresh out of college who thinks they are "woke".

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    What gets me is that it was all started by some young pipsqueak fresh out of college who thinks they are "woke".

I wonder if they/them was a his/herstory major?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    damn, one young buck changed an entire city. singlehandedly?

what a time.

to be.

alive.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul

I'm with getting rid of the word manhole from the our vocabulary, sounds gay af.

I feel like woman hole and woman maid would be redundant tho no?

but they were manmade

It's just hilarious at this point, see how far this stupidity can go

**** it. Lets make it a law that only women can be the president, construction workers, Engineers, Oil workers, Scientists, Doctors, Plumbers. Lets see what they can do

Not airballing my layups anymore Dunaprenti's Avatar

This is much worse:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...l-14102242.php

Natural gas is much more cleaner than electricity. Not to mention that California is mainly powered by plants running on.... natural gas