Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    sorry, thought this thread was about picking someone for whats hes gonna give to your franchise given what we know about them, not about who was the most hyped at the moment of pick up...
    It goes much deeper than that.... as i explained... and have even more to explain...

Just one more thing about that "stan" thing.... What you need to keep in mind in this case is that Larry Bird is only behind Reggie Miller my favorite player ever.... I love Lebrons game, but his game is not the only one i enjoy/appreciate today or especially compared to past players and i do hence not mind talking about his game and i certainly dont think its a crime and that certainly doesnt make me a "Lebron-stan", especially not when i am simply objective, factual and logical in my assumptions about him and anybody else....

A Stan is what i consider a fan that only likes one player, that is biased / doesnt appreciate other players games, delusional, not logical, non factual, simpleminded and in many cases disrespectful towards fans/posters who are not Stans of your player, even will use insults and so on.... thats the complete opposite to me... and thats the complete HIT with YOU....

You dont need to bump another 100 year old thread from my clowning days to "prove" me wrong, i am a different poster and i dont feel the need to create a new account because of it (although it would probably be best)...
    Last edited by pauk; 03-24-2013 at 04:28 AM.

Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    Its easier to build around jordan and kareem if you know how to build a team whereas if you dont, Then build around statpadders like lebron and bird. They can easily give you wins right away but they arent getting it done with lesser talent like jordan did. Thats why their combined rings are 4 which is not even greater than either kareem/jordan much more if combined.
    Where were you when Lebron was winning 60+ games with role players as his next best option?

even more idiotic saying Bird is a stat padder too...no wonder Knicks fans get a bad rep.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    It goes much deeper than that.... as i explained... and have even more to explain...

Just one more thing about that "stan" thing.... What you need to keep in mind in this case is that Larry Bird is only behind Reggie Miller my favorite player ever.... I love Lebrons game, but his game is not the only one i enjoy/appreciate today or especially compared to past players and i do hence not mind talking about his game and i certainly dont think its a crime and that certainly doesnt make me a "Lebron-stan", especially not when i am simply objective, factual and logical in my assumptions about him and anybody else....

A Stan is what i consider a fan that only likes one player, that is biased / doesnt appreciate other players games, delusional, not logical, non factual, simpleminded and in many cases disrespectful towards fans/posters who are not Stans of your player, even will use insults and so on.... thats the complete opposite to me... and thats the complete HIT with YOU....
    not admitting you're a lebron stan is not solid ground to start an honest conversation pauk

Lebron

You dont need to bump another 100 year old thread from my clowning days to "prove" me wrong, i am a different poster and i dont feel the need to create a new account because of it (although it would probably be best)...
    lol I didn't bump that thread, although I admit had I find it earlier I would have

its a good thing you don't create another account though, ppl that feel the need to "start fresh" on an internet forum are hilarious

lmao it really is a tough decision...My original idea was having the first pick in a draft of players from today with those guys added... Or one which includes EVERYONE who ever played

Personally think these 2 might be the best all time team you can put together..12 players

C-Kareem
    PF-Russell
    SF- Bird
    SG-West
    PG-Robertson
    6th-Moses
    7th- Kobe
    8th-Shaq
    9th-Baylor
    10th-Havlicek
    11th-McHale
    12th-Stockton

C-Wilt
    PF-Hakeem
    SF-LeBron
    SG-Jordan
    PG-Magic
    6th-Barkley
    7th-Malone
    8th-Thurmond
    9th-Barry
    10th-Pippen
    11th-Frazier
    12th-Pettit

Imagine what Oscar and Magics assists would be

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    lmao it really is a tough decision...My original idea was having the first pick in a all time fantasy draft of players from today with those guys added... Or one which includes EVERYONE who ever played

Personally think these 2 might be the best all time team you can put together..12 players

C-Kareem
    PF-Russell
    SF- Bird
    SG-West
    PG-Robertson
    6th-Moses
    7th- Kobe
    8th-Shaq
    9th-Baylor
    10th-Havlicek
    11th-McHale
    12th-Stockton

C-Wilt
    PF-Hakeem
    SF-LeBron
    SG-Jordan
    PG-Magic
    6th-Barkley
    7th-Malone
    8th-Thurmond
    9th-Barry
    10th-Pippen
    11th-Frazier
    12th-Pettit

Imagine what Oscar and Magics assists would be
    tl;dr

Quote Originally Posted by JerryWest
    tl;dr

not admitting you're a lebron stan is not solid ground to start an honest conversation pauk
    Actually very often it has been bothersome to attempt any type of candid conversation with you.... i dont even know why i try, its maybe because i still believe in a day where you might become a more sophisticated basketball fan & poster.... its never to late no matter what you did in the past.... its no insult, look Jabbar, nobody here dislikes you but its only your act, we all love basketball here, but wouldnt it be better if you dropped your act and tried to be more courteous & objective so we could enjoy sharing basketball knowledge and simply enjoy talking about anything else aswell? If its not an act, then i assume you must be a young fella still in one of those stages.... i understand, i was that to, most of us were... but keep in mind you will snap out of it eventually and when you do its just a +1 great poster here...

Actually very often it has been bothersome to attempt any type of candid conversation with you.... i dont even know why i try, its maybe because i still believe in a day where you might become a more sophisticated basketball fan & poster.... its never to late no matter what you did in the past.... its no insult, look Jabbar, nobody here dislikes you but its only your act, we all love basketball here, but wouldnt it be better if you dropped your act and tried to be more courteous & objective so we could enjoy sharing basketball knowledge and simply enjoy talking about anything else aswell? If its not an act, then i assume you must be a young fella still in one of those stages.... i understand, i was that to, most of us were... but keep in mind you will snap out of it eventually and when you do its just a +1 great poster here...
    He did...before he decided to become a troll/funny guy.

Local High School Star

Barring injury and longevity issues, Bird is the no brainer. So long as he was on the floor, the Celts were never a mediocre team, even when his back problems left him a shadow of his former self. None of the other 3 could ever boast that.

He didn't need teammates tailored around his game, so it was much easier to build around him. Magic and Russell were the only 2 other players equally good at making their teammates better. Bird was also the far superior team leader. Jordan was just a primadonna asshole. Kareem was often disinterested. Lebron, while better now, was once an immature quitter.

lol its not an act, I'm an objective poster, I've said plenty of times lebron is a pretty great player (through 3 quarters anyway), I despise the road hes chosen though, don't like the individual in the slightest.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

LOL everyone knew Jordan would be "the Man" except for Portland and Houston.

Portland even knew, except they already had Drexler.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    He did...before he decided to become a troll/funny guy.
    Humor is all good! :P But you know, i/we could live without the flaming, the daydreamed opinions, the disrespect & disapproval for any other player not named *insert the only player you like* and so on...

lol its not an act, I'm an objective poster, I've said plenty of times lebron is a pretty great player (through 3 quarters anyway), I despise the road hes chosen though, don't like the individual in the slightest.
    We can talk about all that on PM if you want (we will be derailing the thread afterall, we already kindof are), i will show you why you might at least microscopically reconsider those bolded words...