NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Diablo III: reaper of souls released today (next gen consoles + more)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ay-on-ps4-ps3/

any of you guys getting this?

been playing the diablo franchise since 2. LOD was my favorite. and d3 on ps3 was a huge surprise. one of the better multiplayer team games out during that time

will be picking this up tonight after work (ps4). to my understanding, its diablo 3 with an extra act and 1 new playable character. not sure if stores are doing a deal where you can turn in your d3 for a discounted price on this. otherwise, i think youre looking at a full $60
    Last edited by Levity; 08-19-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Default Re: Diablo III: reaper of souls released today (next gen consoles + more)

Been playing all day. Scheduled off work.

PS4 here. Played PC and got burned out before expansion and computer issues.

Having an absolute blast. This game is so polished now and having no AH infection is a godsend.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Re: Diablo III: reaper of souls released today (next gen consoles + more)

this game (on ps4) is absolutely fantastic. the character movments, as well as the environment, is nothing but fluid. the attention to detail is great. and the game play is easily one of the most fun to come out on PS4, so far.

its a game thats made infinitely better if you have dedicated friends to play with. but i can see solo being fun, too.

Ya my Crusader is at 54, just beat the game today too. Started adventuring with random people and there are so many darn Crusaders...

Going to roll a Wizard or WD to change it up a bit.

I've been playing it non stop for the PS3.

-Rerolling item stats is by far the coolest thing about having the expansion
    -More fluid character movements
    -More difficulty stages
    -Awesome boss to battle at the end of Act 5

Dislikes
    -Having to buy the friggen game a 2nd time
    -They nerfed the shit out of the Wizard class
    -No PVP is lame...i know there were rumors about introducing it.

This game is excellent! I've never played the Diablo series but I was bored a couple weeks ago and didn't have anything to do and PS4 doesn't have any new games that interest me so I got this one as it got great reviews.

Even for a noob of the series, I'm enjoying it alot. Ended up being a crusader and just finished act 2. My character is at level 39 currently.

For those that have played or are playing, has the blacksmith been of any help? I trained him and made a few items but nothing special. Now he's stuck at like Level 20 weapons and armor and I can't train him any further. I think I screwed up somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by arkain
    This game is excellent! I've never played the Diablo series but I was bored a couple weeks ago and didn't have anything to do and PS4 doesn't have any new games that interest me so I got this one as it got great reviews.

Even for a noob of the series, I'm enjoying it alot. Ended up being a crusader and just finished act 2. My character is at level 39 currently.

For those that have played or are playing, has the blacksmith been of any help? I trained him and made a few items but nothing special. Now he's stuck at like Level 20 weapons and armor and I can't train him any further. I think I screwed up somewhere.
    You have to find blacksmith plans to get the really good stuff, but as far as I can remember, you should be able to craft level specific items as long as you've maxed out the training. Even better is the woman who lets you reroll stats on items you have. I've had a few pieces that was juuuuuuust a stat short of making me want to equip it that have turn into a beast. Once I figured out how to upgrade, I went from 320k dps up to 730k in a few hours.

You on the PS3 or PS4?

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    You have to find blacksmith plans to get the really good stuff, but as far as I can remember, you should be able to craft level specific items as long as you've maxed out the training. Even better is the woman who lets you reroll stats on items you have. I've had a few pieces that was juuuuuuust a stat short of making me want to equip it that have turn into a beast. Once I figured out how to upgrade, I went from 320k dps up to 730k in a few hours.

You on the PS3 or PS4?
    I'm on the PS4. I know I have some plans in my inventory, I
    ll have to figure out how to use those. And, I don't think I've met that woman yet.

I've been enjoying trying out different skills to see what works best.
    Love blinding everyone and then shield bashing the f*** outta em. And the bowmen are amazing too. A lot of ways to wreak havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by arkain
    I'm on the PS4. I know I have some plans in my inventory, I
    ll have to figure out how to use those. And, I don't think I've met that woman yet.

I've been enjoying trying out different skills to see what works best.
    Love blinding everyone and then shield bashing the f*** outta em. And the bowmen are amazing too. A lot of ways to wreak havoc.
    Jeez, I must have been blitzed when I wrote that to you. Awful grammar.

I just read that you have to start playing Act 5 before you get access to the Mystic. She's the one that rerolls your items, and once you find her, you can get to her at the main base of each act. You can reroll one stat on each item...once you roll one, you can only choose that one to reroll from thereon out. It gets pricey though...I got a little creative with a spare character and kept transferring my gold, reloading, and transferring it again. Then I moved all the gold (about 3,000,000,000 lol) back to my main character. The game's a lot more fun when you don't need to worry about spending. :

Play around with your skills and attacks. You can either choose how you give damage through your weapons, or try to tailor make your weapons to match how you want to play. I've got a level 70 Wizard (Paragon 56), and I still experiment with different styles almost every time I play.
    Last edited by code green; 09-08-2014 at 03:22 PM.