Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Lebron has easily been the best player in the clutch this year

Same guy who led the NBA in 4th quarter scoring from 2007-2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Is this sarcasm?
    I think you're smart enough to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Same guy who led the NBA in 4th quarter scoring from 2007-2010.

Well its kindof harder to do that now with Wade/Bosh picking of many offensive possessions (the reason to his numbers drop aswell), even though he did lead the NBA in 4th quarter scoring in the last playoffs (10.1 ppg)

Local High School Star

In terms of taking the last shot to win the game ray has definitely been the most clutch so far this yr

its gonna be hilarious when at one point ray actually misses and ppl are gonna call him not clutch and say that lebron should of shot it instead and say lebron was scared

and before anyone says anything about me being a lebron homer...im not, my track record doesnt show me going around praising lebron but its simple this yr he has one of the most clutch last second shooters of all time so its a much more comforting decision for him to pass it to a guy whose come through his whole career time and time again whereas before he was passing it to a bunch of nobodies (albeit some of those shots he did pass to his former teammates it would have been better served for him to create for himself)

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Are you really comprehending what is coming out of your brain you cretin? You want Lebron to basically ignore the wideopen shooter at his sweetspot and heave up a circus shot instead....

As you being this absurd and bitter Kobe fan i fully understand why you would prefer that logic as you are used to seeing it very often:

With less than 3 secs left with wide open scrodum at the top of the key and fisher on the other side of the 3pt line.. Such a great desicion making by Kobe.. If he pass it to Lamar, expect he would brick it.. If Pass to Fisher, theres no time left to make a shot.. Even in this situation, Kobe still find a way for solution.. He rather take the blame than pass the responsibility to other.. LeBrick should learn from him instead of passing to Joel Anthony in clutch time..
    Last edited by KOBE143; 11-30-2012 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston C's
    In terms of taking the last shot to win the game ray has definitely been the most clutch so far this yr

its gonna be hilarious when at one point ray actually misses and ppl are gonna call him not clutch and say that lebron should of shot it instead

and before anyone says anything about me being a lebron homer...im not, my track record doesnt show me going around praising lebron but its simple this yr he has one of the most clutch last second shooters of all time so its a much more comforting decision for him to pass it to a guy whose come through his whole career time and time again whereas before he was passing it to a bunch of nobodies (albeit some of those shots he did pass to his former teammates it would have been better served for him to create for himself)
    This.

..and yea i hate how some posters love to throw those "You are a stan/homer" excuses like if you are trying to defend a player just because you just so happen to like him....... what i am talking about here has nothing to do with Lebron, i am talking about a specific last second basketball play.....

I dont care who the hell that player is with the ball in his hands, if you are double-triple-quadruple/whatever teamed and you see the greatest 3PT shooter/arguably greatest shooter ever wideopen.... you should pass him the ball.... hell, even if you are wideopen yourself and see Ray Allen open aswell you SHOULD pass him the ball (unless you are Reggie Miller or Larry Bird or something).... because i can guarantee you its a higher chance for him to hit that shot rather than you.... at the end of the day its all about giving your team the best chance to succeed by doing the correct play... its not some magical nba2k13 clutch ratio.... its accuracy... as in you may be a better player then me but i shoot better than you at whatever damn gameclock....
    Last edited by pauk; 11-30-2012 at 01:34 AM.

This.

..and yea i hate how some posters love to throw those "You are a stan/homer" excuses like if you are trying to defend a player just because you just so happen to like him....... what i am talking about here has nothing to do with Lebron, i am talking about a specific last second basketball play.....

I dont care who the hell that player is, if you are double-triple-quadruple/whatever teamed and you see the greatest 3PT shooter/arguably greatest shooter ever wideopen.... you should pass him the ball.... hell, even if you are wideopen yourself and see Ray Allen open aswell you SHOULD pass him the ball (unless you are Reggie Miller or Larry Bird).... because i can guarantee you its a higher chance for him to hit that shot rather than you.... at the end of the day its all about accuracy.... its not some magical nba2k13 clutch ratio.... its accuracy... as in you may be a better player then me but i shoot better than you at whatever damn gameclock....
    Nah. LeBron should have tossed up a baby hook instead of passing it to one of the most clutch shooters in the league who was wide open.

After all, hero ball is the way to go. Team play never wins championships.

[COLOR="White"]InB4 Kobe comment[/COLOR]

This.

I dont care who the hell that player is with the ball in his hands, if you are double-triple-quadruple/whatever teamed and you see the greatest 3PT shooter/arguably greatest shooter ever wideopen.... you should pass him the ball.... hell, even if you are wideopen yourself and see Ray Allen open aswell you SHOULD pass him the ball (unless you are Reggie Miller or Larry Bird or something).... because i can guarantee you its a higher chance for him to hit that shot rather than you.... at the end of the day its all about giving your team the best chance to succeed by doing the correct play... its not some magical nba2k13 clutch ratio.... its accuracy... as in you may be a better player then me but i shoot better than you at whatever damn gameclock....
    But you don't like him, you have a sickening obsession with him. I'll bet you m4sturbate to his games everytime he touches the ball.

BTW I think you were right...I think Lebron has been great in the clutch this season, the same as last year. But I prefer if someone else has the ball in the last minutes of the game, LEbron always get nervous in the last seconds of the game.

Him and Ray Allen have been super clutch. As bad ad miami have looked for most of the first 3 and a half quarters they just refuse to lose close games.

Great college starter

Lerbon has been an all around beast in the clutch so far this year. Lets compare to Durant. Not including tonights game of heat/Spurs

Lebron in the clutch -
    1 gamewinner & 2 gamewinning assists

Durant in the clutch -
    0 gamewinners & 0 gamewinning assists

Lebrons "Clutch stats" (last 5 minutes or OT with neither team ahead of more than 5 pts):
    29.8 ppg @ 63% FG
    10.3 rpg
    10.3 apg
    3.1 topg

Durants "Clutch stats" (last 5 minutes or OT with neither team ahead of more than 5 pts):
    33.1 ppg @ 50% FG
    5.8 rpg
    3.9 apg
    4.9 topg

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    This is a completely ignorant post. Ray Allen has been open on all of his last second shot attempts because the defense has been solely focused on Lebron in those moments. It's not like Ray is fighting off screens nowadays, he's been a spot up shooter and has been hitting wide open 3s because of all the attention Bron gets and his (Bron's) court vision and decision-making. And Kobe has never been great at moving without the ball, don't know where the hell you're getting that notion from.
    He really isn't fighting off of screes like he did in Boston, but those last two years he was used more of as a decoy than as a scorer. He's playing on the ball more with the heat as it pertains to scoring like he did with the Sonics. Most of his 3pters are easy in rhythm 3pters, but he's getting a lot more 2pt shots you didn't regularly see since 09 from him this season. He's playing the loosest he's played since basically he left the Sonics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    Lerbon has been an all around beast in the clutch so far this year. Lets compare to Durant. Not including tonights game of heat/Spurs

Lebron in the clutch -
    1 gamewinner & 2 gamewinning assists

Durant in the clutch -
    0 gamewinners & 0 gamewinning assists

Lebrons "Clutch stats" (last 5 minutes or OT with neither team ahead of more than 5 pts):
    29.8 ppg @ 63% FG
    10.3 rpg
    10.3 apg
    3.1 topg

Durants "Clutch stats" (last 5 minutes or OT with neither team ahead of more than 5 pts):
    33.1 ppg @ 50% FG
    5.8 rpg
    3.9 apg
    4.9 topg
    I had no idea the gap was that large.

Local High School Star

This.

exactly

and at the bolded...nice touch

imagine if ray left seattles max contract on the table and took less money to play with lebron in cleveland back in the summer of 05....how different the landscape of the nba might be today if that actually happened

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    He really isn't fighting off of screes like he did in Boston, but those last two years he was used more of as a decoy than as a scorer. He's playing on the ball more with the heat as it pertains to scoring like he did with the Sonics. Most of his 3pters are easy in rhythm 3pters, but he's getting a lot more 2pt shots you didn't regularly see since 09 from him this season. He's playing the loosest he's played since basically he left the Sonics.
    Agreed. I had almost forgotten that Ray was capable of penetrating and creating his own offense.