Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Alex Jones goes bat sh*t crazy on Piers Morgan

Do people not realize that gun ownership still exists in countries that don't have the equivalency of the 2nd amendment???

My view is guns are a privilege not a right. However, in the American context, it is constitutional that restrictions can be put on place on the 2nd amendment

Also what evidence is there that the 2nd amendment is preventing your rights from disappearing as a few people like to claim???

the 2nd amendment did not stop the erosion of rights that were as a result of the war on terror/war on drugs.

I genuinely want to know where the fear that the Government will turn on the people comes from. I have not seen similar sentiments in other developed nations with strong democratic principles. Are not the checks, balances, and overall strong institutions already in place to prevent many of those fears from being realistic.

And if you have a legitimate fear about that occurring is gun ownership going to be the most effective way to deal with tyranny???

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Conan O'Brien's Take on the Jones interview: http://teamcoco.com/video/alex-jones-piers-morgan-guns

Holy f**k I hadn't seen the real interview, so at first I didn't realise the gun was shopping

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    hes the ultimate troll

Quote Originally Posted by Kews1
    hes the ultimate troll
    trolling is a profitable business venture....
    so much so that the other loons call him crazy to protect their market share

That was awesome lol. That was way better than the typical bullsh*t you get fed on those shows these shows feed you.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan

Just got home from work and checked this vid out. I get the feeling this guy is just acting like a lunatic for effect, but -- if so -- he plays a damn good schizophrenic.

Holy sh!t. These guys think they are being chased around NYC by Bloomberg "agents?"

5-time NBA All-Star

Piers Morgan is scum.

Glad Alex never gave up frame control.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Piers Morgan is scum.

Piers may be scum, but he played that interview perfectly. Alex Jones came off looking like a raving lunatic to anyone who is even remotely mainstream and Morgan didn't have to do anything but sit back and watch the trainwreck.

Unfortunately, all I could do for the entirety of the two segments is to think of how Jones fits all of the horrible international stereotypes of an American... Fat, bald, loud, obnoxious, stupid, rude and loaded with guns.

Random thought as I'm about to go to bed....about needing these guns to protect the citizens of America from its gov't.

What if all of this money spent by lobby groups and individuals to promote this gun supporting culture was instead spent to have gov't work the way Americans want it to? Not to support a right or left wing agenda, but to create a framework and to support candidates where you don't have to worry about the gov't attacking its people in the future. Why not spend this money on grassroots political organizations that make it almost impossible for local, state, federal gov'ts to perform in a way that may lead to future gov't aggression against its citizens?

I'm not against the second amendment or believe if certain gun control laws were passed, that they would make a considerable difference. More gun control laws may be a band-aid solution in that they might stop a potential threat here or there, but there will always be that next tragedy......so wouldn't the solution of having more guns to protect citizens from it's gov't also be a band-aid solution?....sure, you're gonna have your guns and put up a fight against this hypothetical evil gov't, but they have tanks and fighter jets and rocket propelled grenade launchers....you might save a family from the evil gov't here or there, but you will eventually lose...you can't beat a gov't with nukes I'm afraid to tell you. lol.....wouldn't all of this money, in relation to protecting the people from the gov't, be better spent making sure the gov't doesn't become that "evil entity"? Wouldn't you rather put the time and money into making the gov't something to be proud of rather than fear?

Why is that never talked about?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Piers may be scum, but he played that interview perfectly. Alex Jones came off looking like a raving lunatic to anyone who is even remotely mainstream and Morgan didn't have to do anything but sit back and watch the trainwreck.

Unfortunately, all I could do for the entirety of the two segments is to think of how Jones fits all of the horrible international stereotypes of an American... Fat, bald, loud, obnoxious, stupid, rude and loaded with guns.

This is all I kept thinking to. The interview was likely seen by many people worldwide who might even think he is the norm.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I chuckled.

He just came off as a lunatic, which may have been the intention of both parties involved.

What everyone needs to realize is that these shows are not news shows, they are entertainment shows. This is what happens when you have a 24 hour news cycle, unfortunately people cling to these shows (Morgan, Beck, etc.) as if they were news programs, failing to see that they are opinion and designed in a way to pull in the most viewers possible.

Just goes to show you how crazy these gun lovers are. The fact that the gun lobby supports these people speaks volumes on them.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Do people not realize that gun ownership still exists in countries that don't have the equivalency of the 2nd amendment???

My view is guns are a privilege not a right. However, in the American context, it is constitutional that restrictions can be put on place on the 2nd amendment

Also what evidence is there that the 2nd amendment is preventing your rights from disappearing as a few people like to claim???

the 2nd amendment did not stop the erosion of rights that were as a result of the war on terror/war on drugs.

I genuinely want to know where the fear that the Government will turn on the people comes from. I have not seen similar sentiments in other developed nations with strong democratic principles. Are not the checks, balances, and overall strong institutions already in place to prevent many of those fears from being realistic.

And if you have a legitimate fear about that occurring is gun ownership going to be the most effective way to deal with tyranny???

The problem is this country no longer belongs to the people. The process of electing people to represent our will (representative democracy) has been defiled by corporate america. Politicians win elections by accepting resources (bribes) from special interest groups and corporations, and from the day they are elected, pander to the interests of the groups that helped them get there.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY

Losing your mind as an effective political tool. This video is going to replayed and replayed as the gun debate goes forward.

Responsible gun owners are not going to want their side represented by the extremists.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 01-09-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Wow watching this whole thing this guy is every single absurd argument wrapped up in one rant. This is doing nothing for their cause to have this psychotic asshole screaming at a reporter. His desperation and insecurity is palpable. Can you imagine how insecure you have to be to constantly talk over someone else?

The truth is powerful enough that you don't need to shout it. If you are on the right side of an issue you don't need to scream it in someones face. He personally blames Morgan like he's going to get guns banned.

I think the guy must have the smallest dick in the world. He looks like he's about to cry about this issue. He's absolutely hysterical.