Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    ♫♪♫

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteness
    9 was exceptional... 8 is still my fave... I had a boner for the gunblade

and I'm not sure if this has been posted before or not but hi-yo!!!!

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ecial-bundle/1

that's right... FF on 360
    the retarded cutscenes in ff8 made me want to barf, it was still a great game though. for me its ff9, ff7, kh1, kh2

Quote Originally Posted by Clocian-IGN
    360 gonna have compressed sound, video and be on 3 discs though . Would suck if one of those discs don't work like disc 3 of my lost odyseey copy .

PS3 ftw
    3 discs????? laaaaaaame.

ff13 was built from the ground up for the ps3, and it'll be using 100% of the ps3's power. can't waittttt

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteness
    9 was exceptional... 8 is still my fave... I had a boner for the gunblade

and I'm not sure if this has been posted before or not but hi-yo!!!!

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ecial-bundle/1

that's right... FF on 360
    8 was the first I played so there will always be a special place in my heart for it.

I like Cloud and Squall and how introverted they were... I loved the whole feel of 9 it was just fun. FFX Yuna just kind of pissed me off I don't know lol... but Wakka and Auron were the ish and I loved that all 7 characters had a big part. If it wasn't so easy to rape in blitzball that would have been really fun. The gameplay in XII was my fav... love it and can't get enough of it at times lol... Story was just whack tho and I was never too interested really... it was sort of hard to follow too.

XIII better be pretty tight cus I'm buying a PS3 for it... Gonna be like a 400 dollar purchase right there with tax. I don't like how the main character is a girl tho... It should always be a guy IMO. Nothing against girls... but who else just got sick of them after X-2? Ughh I could never fully enjoy that game because of it... that and it just wasn't very good lol. The one thing that is good about having a girl be the main character tho is that we shouldn't see that helpless beezy who constantly whines about trying to keep up with everyone and always ends up causing problems. Rinoa in FF8 pissed me off so much with that and in the Legend of Dragoon (which if you haven't played you should be shot) Shana was soooo bad at that. Nothing I can't get over... but I'd rather it not be there.
    Last edited by Swaggin916; 02-17-2010 at 03:29 AM.

Wait so nobody here has played final fantasy 6? Man I feel old

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    don't worry you're not alone. I've also played 4 and 5. Never played the first 3 though.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

It was the best one.

I played 7. They should have stopped there. Is 13 games really necessary?

No to mention all the other games that were spinoffs.

Final Fantasy is an oxymoron.

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

ff6 is overrated. ff7 - ffx were far superior imo. I loved XI too but that's a MMORPG so I didn't include it.

Xenogears is the god RPG though, no rpg will beat that epicness.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    I played 7. They should have stopped there. Is 13 games really necessary?

No to mention all the other games that were spinoffs.

Final Fantasy is an oxymoron.
    13 games is not a lot. How many "Mario" games are out there? Should they stop making games too?

Final Fantasy is not really an oxymoron cause each game is a new story with new characters except FFX-FFX2.

Quote Originally Posted by Clocian-IGN
    ff6 is overrated. ff7 - ffx were far superior imo. I loved XI too but that's a MMORPG so I didn't include it.

Xenogears is the god RPG though, no rpg will beat that epicness.
    How can FF6 be overrated? I'm guessing you didn't like the cartoon sprites. You'd have to remember FF6 came out before Crono Trigger. It basically redefined RPGs in terms of story, characters, and presentation. Plus it had maybe the best villain of all time.

Shit I remember Xenogears. I was at the last boss and somehow a bug happened and my save file got replaced by a Gundam game savefile. I died and couldn't reload my game.

FF6 was/is awesome.

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

at the 360 version of FFXIII. SE straight up gimped it and this is with 3 discs on the 360 compared to 1 on the PS3...

Add me to the camp who found FF12 lacking in plot/character development. I finished FF7,8,9 and 10 but I just couldn't get into 12 cos it didn't hold my interest. The characters were just kind of "there". I still have it and intend to try again someday lol

If "linear" means it's anything like FF10 (my favorite one), I'll be very happy. I don't have the time to wander around aimlessly in games looking for what to do next. Gimme a good plot, nice cast and a fun battle system and I'm set. So far, I'm liking what I'm seeing of the new game :)

PS: What do you guys think of Leona Lewis doing the theme song for the English versions? I personally like the song but I'll be interested to see where/when it gets played

Here's the song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEsqH41GJFM

Banned

I'm not about to drop $400 bucks on another system for one game, though. I really can't think of any game exclusive to ps3 that I'd flat-out buy the system for. Obviously the ps3 has greater visual capabilities but, at what point does performance become more of a selling point than the fun you're going to have? The only worthy exclusives of the ps3 to me are Uncharted and Metal Gear and really that's only because of how aesthetically pleasing they are. Now that FF is crossing over that's just less exclusivity that Sony has. X-Box still beats ps3 in my opinion.

cant trust pics like this online. anyways this game def loks sick ill be getting ps3 soon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mrpuente
    cant trust pics like this online. anyways this game def loks sick ill be getting ps3 soon.
    yeah, that's another thing. I have no idea who rendered those images using what software and hardware. Hell, they're photobucket images, could be shooped for all I know.