Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    iWANNAgoHIGHER. emsteez forreal's Avatar

Default Re: Did Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton draw guns on each other?

Pistons Owns Lakers DetroitPistonFan's Avatar

Default Re: will gilbert arenas be in prison?

Quote Originally Posted by ortonsaw
    if you're rich then u aint guilty
    just look at kobe and michael jackson RIP
    2Pac, O.J. Simpson and Mike Tyson went to jail.

There's no damn reason for Crittenton to even carry a gun.

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPistonFan
    2Pac, O.J. Simpson and Mike Tyson went to jail.
    OJ had to try repeatedly to get his jail time. Mike Tyson trusted Don King with his money and his lawyer choice. Mike's lawyer was a tax attorney. Don King had Mike's power of attorney and by the time Mike got out Don had spent much of Mike's money.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    There's no damn reason for Crittenton to even carry a gun.
    This. Athletes buy guns to protect themselves from crazy fans/jealous people. Crittenton doesn't have to worry about either.

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

Gilbert 'Guns In The' Arenas

Local High School Star dallaslonghorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icemanfan
    1-5 year sentence in DC for doing what he did. If he was a regular person he would be dodging love advances from a cell mate by summer. That is the law but ask the Kobe fans what the law means to NBA players.
    Ask Plaxico Burress about that one. Gun laws can be pretty strict.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by dallaslonghorn
    Ask Plaxico Burress about that one. Gun laws can be pretty strict.
    This is sooooo crazy. A black eye to the Wiz organization.

If this really happened then its impossible for Gil / Javaris not to have any jail time. It's not like Kobe who could do an out of court settlement because there was a third party involved. I'm assuming Gilbert & Javaris would not press charges against each other for threatening them with a gun but they would still be guilty of carrying a gun outside of their homes.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Pro athletes have just as right to bear arms as you bruh. What are you talkin about?

guns should only be held by police, security and the military in America? Lots of pro athletes in all major sports own firearms. You only hear about those who own them and make poor judgements. These dudes financial status is made public. contracts, incentives/bonuses, endorsement deals, what gifts they were given, the top grossing athletes of the year. They dont have an idea how much me and you make. But we have a good idea how much they are atleast earning. Therefore they become prey for wolves who would like to get some of that $$$$ be it material or that green stuff.

no i own guns myself, i have no problem with them owning them they just do stupid **** with them and/or take them places they have no business taking them, do you honestly think they need a gun in their locker? they become prey for robbery if they decide to go bang it up at the club, but like i said thats why you pay someone to watch you, you're going to get into far more trouble if you have to shoot someone, than say if an off duty cop does it. why even deal with the headache of an investigation/possible crimminal charges because you didn't follow the law? anyone can carry a gun, but you should be aware of just how easy it is to get arrested for using it even if you were justifiable there would be a lengthy investigation

Quote Originally Posted by kenuffff
    no i own guns myself, i have no problem with them owning them they just do stupid **** with them and/or take them places they have no business taking them, do you honestly think they need a gun in their locker? they become prey for robbery if they decide to go bang it up at the club, but like i said thats why you pay someone to watch you, you're going to get into far more trouble if you have to shoot someone, than say if an off duty cop does it. why even deal with the headache of an investigation/possible crimminal charges because you didn't follow the law? anyone can carry a gun, but you should be aware of just how easy it is to get arrested for using it even if you were justifiable there would be a lengthy investigation
    Yeah some do stupid things with thier guns and shouldnt carry. I agree with that. Just saying some athletes do carry and are smart about it. Just the bozos, rotten apples who make it bad for the athlete not being responsible, smart enough to carry.