Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: OJ Mayo, Tryeke Evans, or DeMar DeRozan: Who will have the best 2013 season

Losing the dunk contest ruined dd. hopefully Ross can push him

Default Re: OJ Mayo, Tryeke Evans, or DeMar DeRozan: Who will have the best 2013 season

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    How is it not a good idea? It was Tyreke's idea to come off the bench b/c he saw how well the team was doing when he was out injured and the team was better those couple of games he did come off the bench. Even he performed better.

...but I will say, I actually would prefer them to trade him than keep him.

Well, if it was his idea, then big ups to him for the maturity and selflessness.

But in the long run, it's better they trade him than 6th man him.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

It depends:

- Tyreke Evans if I wanted to risk it a bit on his higher (compared to the other 2) potential talent ceiling.

- OJ Mayo if I want guaranteed decent results but rarely anything above-average. Probably a better fit for an established playoff team.

- Demar Derozan if I'm stupid because all he has is potential and Evans has more of it.

I'd probably take Tyreke in the end.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Well, if it was his idea, then big ups to him for the maturity and selflessness.
    well, part of me wonders why it was only like 2 games and not indefinitely.

Was it his idea to just come off the bench a couple games to kind of slowly get back in to game shape while the team was playing well? I remember the announcers saying he said he didn't want to disrupt the flow of the team.

Or was it Smart saying "ok, Tyreke, time to start again (for whatever reason)." "Ok, sounds good to me!"

Or Tyreke saying "hey coach, I wanna start again." "Yes, sir."

No doubt he showed maturity and selflessness. But part of me wonders if there's a limit on those for him...

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Re: OJ Mayo, Tyreke Evans, or DeMar DeRozan: Who will have the best 2013 season

Over a month in and im sure we can all agree its been mayo, thus far. But surprisingly, Tyreke has been playing well as of late. He's been given some point guard duties and has been sharing the ball pretty well. I think he was also quoted saying he wants to be the teams go to guy. So im excited to see how their seasons continue to develop, especially with Dirk coming back