Page 43 of 153 FirstFirst ... 33404142434445465393143 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Default Re: Illinois Fan Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lurch67
    Is Webber that bad in recruiting? I can't remember any of the targeted Illinois HS players commiting since he took over.
    Simply look to the left moron.

Shumpert down to 3 schools. We're not one of them. Its two ACC schools and one Big East school. If he commits to North Carolina then all that crap about favoring those that recruited him early on was all bullsh!t.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I think when that initial list that came out-later denied-sealed the deal for me that he was never coming here. Guy is UNC-bound in my opinion.

On a brighter note, seems as if we're in good position with Suggs and Miller. Lets hope we close there and just chalk up to another instater who thinks he's above his state school. It's funny cause growing up out-of-state, I've always known how prestigious the school is but to in-staters when I got there it was a school. Shame. But if we keep the trail of recruiting outside guys like Watkins, Alexander, Suggs, Miller I don't mind.

I think we all knew that the chances of him coming here were slim to none after the "fake list" came out. I just don't like the fact that he says one thing about the schools that recruited him longest, then the second North Carolina offers, it doesn't matter any more. I know he hasn't commited there yet but that is most likely where he will end up.

It's ok though, I don't think this year's recruiting class is anywhere near the previous years. Talent seems to be only decent.

Decent playground baller ThaKing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    It's ok though, I don't think this year's recruiting class is anywhere near the previous years. Talent seems to be only decent.
    So what does that matter? You guys didn't get any "good" players last year, this year, or any year as long as Bruce Weber has been recruiting. You've lost out on all the major talent in the state of Illinois again this year. If Bruce gets lucky you might get some of the leftover scraps like Suggs or Verdell Jones. I think Jones would be a lock, since his dad did everything he could to convince Sean Livingston to attend Illinois. Face it, recruiting is a major problem for you guys right now, and as much as you want to ignore it or overlook it, the problem is still there. It looks like you'll be worse this year than you were last year, so thats something to look forward to.
    Last edited by ThaKing; 08-08-2007 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKing
    So what does that matter? You guys didn't get any "good" players last year, this year, or any year as long as Bruce Weber has been recruiting. You've lost out on all the major talent in the state of Illinois again this year. If Bruce gets lucky you might get some of the leftover scraps like Suggs or Verdell Jones. I think Jones would be a lock, since his dad did everything he could to convince Sean Livingston to attend Illinois. Face it, recruiting is a major problem for you guys right now, and as much as you want to ignore it or overlook it, the problem is still there. It looks like you'll be worse this year than you were last year, so thats something to look forward to.
    I guess McCamey isn't a major talent then.. We are still in good shape with Suggs and Miller. Should we get those two, it would still be a great class. We also recently offered Renaldo Wooldridge, who is a late bloomer in this class. Lets not give up on this class quite yet. I haven't heard anything about Illinois going after Jones like they've been going after Suggs and Miller. It seems as though he is more of a plan B. Oh, and I would hardly call Suggs "left over scraps."

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKing
    No one is masquerading or hiding anything. If you look at the previous posts I expressed anger and dismay over our recruiting woes. Don't be so blindsided by your own ignorance. Yes, we are having trouble recruiting right now, but what you really expect out of me? You expect me to go barging down Bruce's door? Retract as an Illinois fan? Yes, we are having recruiting troubles, but I am still a fan and I'm going to stand by them. You got a problem you can eat it.

On another note, CJ has fully committed to football, meaning we have another scholarship for the '08 class.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...F?OpenDocument

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/recru..._illinois.html

2007 recruit??? Does this mean CJ is officially football or that Jamar has lost his scholarship???

This came out of no where.

Suggs to Washington. A school that doesn't even have any schollys available for him. Even the leftover scraps are chosing to go elsewhere. I really have a hard time believing so many Illini fans are satisfied with Bruce Weber.

Heh, you're fast to jump on the bad news. Web's bad recruiting track continues, but I guess it's becoming a foregone conclusion. I guess it all rests on Darius Miller now.

Well this blows..if we don't get Miller...I don't know. We better get Miller. Thaking always around to bring us the bad news. Thanks buddy.

Where do we go from here now?

I don't know what Miller is gonna do. It seemed to me that early on Illinois was probably a favorite of his, but based on his recent comments I think Kentucky is probably the leader. He said no one is recruiting him harder than Gillespie is right now. They are the only school to invite him to midnight madness. This is why Weber can't recruit. I mean there is one major talent still within his reach, and he won't even invite Miller to the biggest recruiting tool available to him? Anyways I weas browsing the Illini scout message board and I found this gem. "Weber couldn't sell cocaine to Lindsey Lohan."

You have to admit thats pretty funny.