Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Is Kyrie the best teammate LBJ has ever had?

Although Wade was a better and more complete player in his prime, has a more established resume when LeBron and Wade played together, I think Kyrie might possibly be the best teammate LeBron has ever had. Agree or nah?

This isn't a bait or overreaction thread.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: Is Kyrie the best teammate LBJ has ever had?

Wade his first year or so was more complete and accomplished(championship) but Irving fits with Lebron better on court as he and wade were too similar. Irving also is getting better and has many more years of prime play barring injury so in a few years he may turn out to be his best/ most important teammate as far as helping secure titles.

I think Kyrie's game is a better compliment for LeBron than Wade's game was. Right now, in terms of offense, Kyrie is playing at least as well as Wade did at any point during LeBron's four years in Miami.

However, Wade brought to the table a defensive prowess, intensity, championship swagger, composure, and leadership that Kyrie knows nothing about. His leadership and composure were actually superior to LeBron's as well.

In time, I think you may be right.

College superstar

Lebron and Wade on fast breaks was unstoppable.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

2011 Wade is best teammate Lebron has ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    I think Kyrie's game is a better compliment for LeBron than Wade's game was. Right now, in terms of offense, Kyrie is playing at least as well as Wade did at any point during LeBron's four years in Miami.

However, Wade brought to the table a defensive prowess, intensity, championship swagger, composure, and leadership that Kyrie knows nothing about. His leadership and composure were actually superior to LeBron's as well.

In time, I think you may be right.
    '11 and '12 Wade >>>

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    Lebron and Wade on fast breaks was unstoppable.
    This. Kyrie fits Bron better now that he's starting to decline a little bit. But Bron/Wade were some serious shit in the fastbreak.

Wade easily

Wade

2011 Wade >>> Kyrie

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    '11 and '12 Wade >>>
    It's arguable. We can disagree.

But I think the use of ">>>" needs to be toned down here on ISH. That symbol is used in mathematics when one quantity is so much greater than another that the second becomes insignificant. "'11 and '12 Wade > '15 Kyrie" is fine, but ">>>" is more like comparing the offense of Michael Jordan and Tiago Splitter.

But I think the use of ">>>" needs to be toned down here on ISH. That symbol is used in mathematics when one quantity is so much greater than another that the second becomes insignificant. "'11 and '12 Wade > '15 Kyrie" is fine, but ">>>" is more like comparing the offense of Michael Jordan and Tiago Splitter.
    Has Kyrie really changed that much in a year to go from laughing stock "can't make playoffs, barely top 10 overrated PG" to this dude that some say is the best LeBron has played with and the leader of the Cavs? Really? People are so hyperbolic when it comes to sports.

Nope. Not even arguable. Kyrie had big games, but dude would stink it up the next couple of games. He was inconsistent AF. Definitely not a better offensive player than '11 and '12 Wade.

Sure, '12 Wade > '15 Irving, but '11 Wade >>> '15 Irving.

2012 Wade only played in 49 regular season games and his stats took a clear dip because of those injuries, so I guess you could make the argument that Irving was more valuable.

2011 Wade was simply better than Irving across the board, there's really no argument to the contrary.

during the championship years, wade's brilliance only came in flashes and wasn't that consistent because of his health, I think Kyrie is getting to the point of being consistently great with lebron..yeah kyrie doesn't provide the defense and intangibles wade did but his on-court production has been consistently good