Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park Basketman's Avatar

Default How tall are you guys?

How tall are you? And how does it affect your game?

코비=GOAT

Default Re: How tall are you guys?

5 foot 3, depends on how tall the other team is. If they're over a foot taller than me, then I'll play like Steve Nash, but if they're around my height or a couple inches taller, I turn into Allen Iverson.

Moose
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

5'7 lol. I'll play PG when there are much taller players around. If not, then I'll play SG.

Dunking on everybody in the park Basketman's Avatar

I'm only 5'8" myself, and I always feel concious about my height. I guess I shouldn't be though since the playground isn't the NBA.

Saw a basketball once

edit: almost a foot taller than all the posters above me!
    Last edited by Hypeair; 06-10-2009 at 03:54 AM.

Good High School Starter Splitz77's Avatar

I'm 6', 17, wiegh around 150 ish..maybe less and I play the SF position..
    Last edited by Splitz77; 07-04-2009 at 05:56 PM.

Learning to shoot layups GSW1984's Avatar

6'3'' and I weigh 225 it helps me in the Post but I can step out and hit jumpers.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

5'11" it affects me because I am a scoring PG. I can score just fine at any park I play at or lower division rec leagues but when I play against pro players and college players, my role turns into Jannero Pargo

6'6" and at the park I'll usually end up playing center. I can dunk without taking any steps so that's a big advantage on the playground. In high school I played SF.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

5"11, but I lift weights a lot, so I'm usually the strongest person on the court. If I'm just playing one on one or two on two, I'll usually post up if the guy I'm playing is strong, or just try to slash from the perimeter if the guy is too weak for it to really be fair for me to post him up. If I'm playing with a lot of people, though, I tend to try to shoot from the outside or use stepback jumpers, since a tallish help defender could easily block my shot if I'm posting up in the paint.

5 feet 10 inches of basketball awesomeness!

NBA lottery pick

I'm 6'3" and typically end up playing center even though I'm more of a SG or SF. I need taller friends :). I guess it helps my game in the fact that it forces me to post up more and work on that aspect of it.

Local High School Star Geandily's Avatar

6'4 and 205~ yeah like the guy above me I usually end up playing center haha.

I suck pretty bad though, if I was any shorter I wouldn't have a chance at really doing anything, my handles are terrible, pretty much all I can do is hit jumpshots and wide open layups. I could dunk for a little while (usually the ball would fall out of my weak hands) but I got kind of bored with working out and lost a few inches on my vertical.

Defensively and with rebounding and passing I'm good though. My instincts are good, like I know what would be GOOD to do in a situation I just usually am incapable of doing anything other than wide open layups and jumpshots. So yeah with the almost complete lack of skills that I have height is very very important for me because big parts of my "game" are rebounding and defense.

With all of that said, I'm way better than anybody I play with ( computer nerds ) once in a while somebody that's actually good will come and beat us pretty bad with actual dribbles, that's always pretty fun! My athleticism and height are really wasted on me, I apologize to any short ballers for wasting my body type

Learning to shoot layups JayJay23's Avatar

I am 5"9...and needs to find a local team

6'0". I usually play PG at the park because my handles are good and I am good at slashing into the lane and finishing a layup or finding an open teamate. Back in high school I was the tallest player on my team, so I had to play center.