Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast
    College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Default Re: Future of Dirk Nowitzki and Mavs now that Spurs eliminated them in round 1

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    They can bring in a major piece with Dampier's unguaranteed contract. I imagine probably somewhere around a dozen teams would line up to take that off their hands.
    iguodala->philly tank for top 3 pick?

Default Re: Future of Dirk Nowitzki and Mavs now that Spurs eliminated them in round 1

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    They can bring in a major piece with Dampier's unguaranteed contract. I imagine probably somewhere around a dozen teams would line up to take that off their hands.
    THIS.

Default Re: stop blaming RC and blame cuban

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel J
    Avery Johnson >>>>>>>>>Carlisle and Nellie

Retard ninja's brain>Tyrus Thomas brain>Gerald Green's brain>Avery Johnson's brain>my dog's brain

I rule the local playground

Default Re: stop blaming RC and blame cuban

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool

Retard ninja's brain>Tyrus Thomas brain>Gerald Green's brain>Avery Johnson's brain>my dog's brain

Local High School Star dallaslonghorn's Avatar

Default Re: Dallas, the only team to lose as the #1 & #2 seed in 1st round in a best of 7 series

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximandro1

Lebron,KG,Duncan,Shaq... would have multiple rings.
    Is anyone pretending Dirk is as good as one of these players?

Yes, having one of those 4 in their prime would be preferable than Dirk, but as Rick Pitino said "Larry Bird is not walking through this door"

Dirk's already proven that an elite team can be built around him. Teams don't get rid of guys like that, especially someone with his skill set (height and shooting ability) which tend to age well.

Default Re: Dallas, the only team to lose as the #1 & #2 seed in 1st round in a best of 7 series

Quote Originally Posted by dallaslonghorn

Yes, having one of those 4 in their prime would be preferable than Dirk, but as Rick Pitino said "Larry Bird is not walking through this door"

Dirk's already proven that an elite team can be built around him. Teams don't get rid of guys like that, especially someone with his skill set (height and shooting ability) which tend to age well.
    This is true, but does Cuban believe it? If his faith in Dirk is full then all is well, if he is shaken then watch out. Crazy billionaires tend to do crazy things when they question themselves.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dallaslonghorn
    I totally agree with LeBron, Shaq and Timmy > Dirk, but KG? I don't see why he should get the edge.

I rule the local playground

they need a slasher of some sort and a pure point who is not jkidd.

wade/dirk would be the absolute perfect combo, best combo i can think of for any team, even better than kobe/pau becuase neither seem to posess the ego of the laker stars.

Banned

I would love to see Dirk Nowitzki on a team that will actually get him out of the first round. Something that I doubt he will gain by staying with the Mavs. I would hate to see him end up like Karl Malone, Chuck, or other players who never got a ring. Dirk has been sufficiently patient and loyal to the franchise and they have just not gotten it done.

Quote Originally Posted by kunk75
    they need a slasher of some sort and a pure point who is not jkidd.

wade/dirk would be the absolute perfect combo, best combo i can think of for any team, even better than kobe/pau becuase neither seem to posess the ego of the laker stars.
    Nope, the real "best" player for Dirk's game to be complimented by......if we factor out all likelihood of it happening, and just judge upon pure complimentary skill, and cohesiveness of talent, FLOOR BALANCE, and rhythm...... would currently be Deron Williams.

Root Of All Evil

Nowitzki should go play for the Knicks under D'Antoni's system. His numbers will go through the roof.

Nope, the real "best" player for Dirk's game to be complimented by......if we factor out all likelihood of it happening, and just judge upon pure complimentary skill, and cohesiveness of talent, FLOOR BALANCE, and rhythm...... would currently be Deron Williams.
    Why is that?

Complimentary skill? Cohesiveness of talent? Floor balance? Are you making this stuff up?

College star

best combo would be Dwight + Dirk.

Derrick Rose and Dirk would be a fun combo to watch. The pick and pop would be a hard choice on how to defend.

Saw a basketball once B-Ball PharmD's Avatar

That is an intriguing idea, if it actually happened...I heard some broadcasters for the Jazz/Nugs games saying that Boozer probably wants to leave UT after this season. I think DWill and Dirk would work well together as Deron likes to attack the rim but also facilitates (better than Wade in this regard, and definitely better than Kidd), while Dirk likes to shoot. They could pick and roll well, and Williams is another LEGIT scoring option who performs strongly in the playoffs (unlike every Mav outside of Dirk.) Throw in the good/unselfish Jazz role players (who also perform well in the playoffs) and the great, veteran coach Sloan...and I think you would have a VERY strong contender. I am not sure how Mehmet Okur would fit in, especially at Center...they would need to also trade for a Legit center or have a reserve center step up their game big time.

Not sure if it is realistic, but what if it was Dirk + Haywood for Okur + Boozer or some variation of that?