Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Worst Jazz draft pick in history

I thought it was a weird pick too, but they definitely need a perimeter player (a 2 guard more really) then anything else. I haven't seen the guy play, but I trust in what utah does. I thought them taking maynor was weird, I though taking kirilenko was insane, I thought taking Ostertag was weird, and those guys turn out pretty well. Not saying all picks were perfect, but a lot of these weird picks that kind of come out of no where turn out really well for Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    '

In Soviet Russia Thread comes to you
    Thanks man,

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi
    Thanks man,
    lol no problem.

What impresses me the most is that he can get to the foul line so easily 30% of his points are from the foul line

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    lol no problem.

What impresses me the most is that he can get to the foul line so easily 30% of his points are from the foul line
    Maybe he's just a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by drafexpress
    I'm sure Hayward's parents are ecstatic with that pick. Seriously, they wouldn't let him go workout for Memphis. Were petrified of LA.
    I like higher octane players, but my Jazz have a style, draft for it, and its pretty effective. You think we'll bring back Korver still?

New Uni's 2010-2011 New Jazzy Nets's Avatar

pissed at the pick but how about a photoshop eh? ill support him and give him a chance but man this is the one dude i did not want.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

they definitely need a perimeter player (a 2 guard more really) then anything else
    They have Miles, probably Matthews and maybe Korver at the 2 not to mention AK and Price(LOL!). I'd say they needed a 3 more than a 2.

I thought them taking maynor was weird
    It was especially when they gave him away after he showed he could play. Probably re-sign Boozer and give this pick away too and it won't matter.

I though taking Ostertag was weird, and those guys turn out pretty well.
    Guess we're in the minority on that one. He was no Collins that's for sure. LMAO!

a lot of these weird picks that kind of come out of no where turn out really well for Utah.
    Not sure any of those really came out well. Maynor dumped for nothing. AK overpaid. Tag benched in favor of a stiff.

Than you have Almond over Splitter when you already had Miles/Brewer. Ouch! Plenty of weird picks that didn't turn out that's for sure.

its pretty effective
    debatable

You think we'll bring back Korver still?
    They'll want him back. Hopefully for a lot less money.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    They have Miles, probably Matthews and maybe Korver at the 2 not to mention AK and Price(LOL!). I'd say they needed a 3 more than a 2.

It was especially when they gave him away after he showed he could play. Probably re-sign Boozer and give this pick away too and it won't matter.

Guess we're in the minority on that one. He was no Collins that's for sure. LMAO!

Not sure any of those really came out well. Maynor dumped for nothing. AK overpaid. Tag benched in favor of a stiff.

Than you have Almond over Splitter when you already had Miles/Brewer. Ouch! Plenty of weird picks that didn't turn out that's for sure.
    I was talking about how good the player became, not the situation for the team. Ostertage was a guy who gave you lots of rebounds and about 3 blocks in limited minutes before Sloan decided he liked Oden Polynice better (one of the biggest wtf Sloan moments to me) Kirilenko was an allstar, and one of the best defenders in the league. Maynor has been a very good backup in his limited time in the league.
    They have Korver, and Mathews, but neither of those players are really starting quality to me. They both have their bonuses, but even compared to brewer, who wasn't that special of a player they're pretty lackluster.

Local High School Star joshwake's Avatar

I just hope this means that Utah has some plans for making a trade for a big that can defend. Maybe this means they are planning to unload AKs contract? I dunno. I will give Hayward this, he has a good bball IQ and looks like he will be a good locker room guy, but that wont mean crap if he can't produce on the court. He is a good passer and played pguard in Highschool so I assume they would like him to take some pressure off Dwill when he is doubled in the backcourt or has a bigger defender on him. I just think there were better options at no. 9 and that utah should have at least looked to trade down if they really wanted this guy, because I highly doubt he would have gone in the top 15. I see him on the bench still in 2 years, but hopefully I am wrong. Something needs to start panning out for Utah or I don't think DWill sticks around.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Ostertage was a guy who gave you lots of rebounds and about 3 blocks in limited minutes before Sloan decided he liked Oden Polynice better (one of the biggest wtf Sloan moments to me)
    He wasn't a great overall rebounder but one of the best offensive rebounders and shot blockers in the league which fit perfect next to Karl. Olden was a lot better than Collins who Tag and Koufos have been benched behind.

Kirilenko was an allstar, and one of the best defenders in the league.
    But his contract and injuries and decline have been killers.

Maynor has been a very good backup in his limited time in the league.
    But they gave him away when they shouldn't have drafted him in the 1st place.

They have Korver, and Mathews, but neither of those players are really starting quality to me. They both have their bonuses, but even compared to brewer, who wasn't that special of a player they're pretty lackluster.
    Agreed except Matthews>>>>>>>>>>>Brewer

Banned

he looks like a great white guy, and a decent role model for white people. I enjoy seeing him join the nba and ill enjoy watching him play...cause im white.
    And cause im sick of seeing only black players.

Quote Originally Posted by joshwake
    I just hope this means that Utah has some plans for making a trade for a big that can defend.
    I doubt it. They'll trade to unload money but why do you need bigs when you have Okur and Fessenko. ROTFLMAO!

Maybe this means they are planning to unload AKs contract?
    Doubt it. They've hung on to him this long. They'll let him expire and try to re-sign him on the cheap next summer. They blew it when they didn't trade him for Marion. Last year would have been totally different. Still have Brewer, Maynor and myabe Marion.

I see him on the bench still in 2 years
    Probably cuz Jerry is the coach not necessarily cuz he can't play.

Something needs to start panning out for Utah or I don't think DWill sticks around.
    Looks unlikely anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
    he looks like a great white guy, and a decent role model for white people. I enjoy seeing him join the nba and ill enjoy watching him play...cause im white.
    And cause im sick of seeing only black players.
    Yea on that topic. I really do think White American's should take the Brandon Jennings route and get developed overseas because; european players aren't more athletically gifted they just have more polished offensive games when they come into the Nba and they can do it all especially on the offensive end. I think that would definitely help white players to be effective.

Banned

aside of the gasol brothers, most europeans guys never really fit in the US or the nba, the change of language and way of life is just too tough or they get spoiled as soon as they get their first paycheck.

I really do think White American's should take the Brandon Jennings route and get developed overseas because; european players aren't more athletically gifted they just have more polished offensive games when they come into the Nba and they can do it all especially on the offensive end. I think that would definitely help white players to be effective.
    Need more development period. A minor league like baseball needs to happen.

Another small forward with the 2nd round pick? WTF?